BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

sappyeyes-
I'm in Virginia. Planning to go around early to mid august. Do you have exact dates?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hey... does anyone want to go to Taiwan or Korea together for calf reduction surgery?

I was planning to go to Dr. Jong because I thought that his replies were more detailed and he seemed more willing to help. But my decision is starting to sway after reading all the posts on this forum... *sigh*.

I found this link and frankly I think almost all examples look better in their before pictures. Some of the after ones look very weak or disfigured. http://www.lrclinic.thekeelung.net/contentbypermalink/c86073d8f3c8fb57482571da003467f5

If your problem is too big muscles, before resorting to surgery please try stretching before, it does make a big difference :smile: In this link you can find all basic leg stretches:
The two last stretches are just for calves and remember to stretch the soleus too!
http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/Stretch.htm

I did try stretching for a while and it didn't make any difference to my calves. You need to bare in mind that there are certain methods in calf reduction surgery that should be avoided such as theselective neurectomy. The most effective method is Partial Gastrocnemius Muscle Resection based my personal research so far. Dr Park from Oz Clinic chooses to only perform this method and I had this surgery done on myself. I have no regret so far. I have lost a total of 2 inches on my calf circumference and my legs looks a lot straighter. No amount of stretching would have given me the same result.. If you have solid bulky calve muscles, than i believe surgery is the only way to reduce the calve size.

My calves were 36cm (left) and 36.5cm(right) pre operation. and now nearly 8 weeks post op. both calves are measuring at 31cm. For my height, ideally, i should be 32cm. I am extremely happy with the result.

In terms of the shape, its slightly asymmetry, but u can't really tell. My leg is a lot slimmer and straighter, but the shape of the leg is still changing a little. There was a flat are on my left leg where the muscle was removed, which is now starting to fill out. There is still some tightness in the calves but its not too bad. I am extremely pleased with my result so far, I still can't believe how thin my legs are now. My knee boots are now too loose on me.

Hi all

Day 3 today. Yesterday went by so slowly. I'm finding it hard to sleep and get in a comfy position. A lot of tears and some pain. But my bf really helped me to be strong and he makes me stretch- i need that. Bring someone with u if u can! Someone strong that can carry u to the toilet! Food is delicious here but spicy, ask for no chilli if you can't handle the heat.

Bruising is starting to get bad and my legs and feet are swollen. I have just got to b strong! Hope today improves I'm finding it hard to stand up it hurts a lot.

its better today. It was a real effort to straighten my leg but the nurse is really supportive and pushed me. I was able to walk in flat feet today. I do a warmup flexing and straightening. Then i get up to stretch. Since the first day i felt like 5 minutes is the longest i have ever felt coz of the stretching but its getting better. I have the best bf :P i don't think i cud do it without him. Can't say yet if I regret anything, but just gotta take it day by day.

My calves got to 31cms around week 6-7. So, there might still be some more changes for you- fingers across. How are you doing with the compression stockings? I started wearing bandages after week 4 because I hate wear the stockings. There were so uncomfortable.

Yeah, Dr Park aspirated my legs just before I left Seoul. He aspirated my legs just once. One leg had more fluid than the other.

How is the shape of your calves? do they appear a lot straighter?

hi ladies! i can't believe how many of you have gotten the surgery done recently. were there other girls doing the same surgery around the same time you were as well? i want to get this done soon too but i have to find out more about it in detail. if you don't mind, how much did it cost for the procedure? i understand it's different for each case but i'd like to have a ball park estimate beforehand. thank youuu

hi luna, i noticed you are planning to go for surgery end of july. i am thinking about doing the same thing. pleases message me if you'd like to talk as i would love to have a fellow clinic mate.

btw, starlight, how is your progress? are you happier with the shape of your legs as time goes?