BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

@happychallenger the discomfort is on my right foot, and none on the legs. They are actually ok when left alone, I don't feel them during the day or when I'm on the move. In some mornings I feel them and when I massage them I definitely feel them.

My feet are quite wide, I also have bunions (I need to take care of these soon!); I find the compression stockings to have been too tight and hurt my feet during the night. I've cut holes on the bunion part on a couple of pairs and they helped in releasing tension.

Thanks for your answers and inputs on the footwear, I fully agree.. I think the feet should be as relaxed and as well cushioned/supported as possible, and if must wear heels, opt for lower height, wedges or chunkier heels the better.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, @happychallenger, noted on the bandages, you are right. they do cause the feet to swell up more, ESPECIALLY when the feet are elevated. Several times I would elevate my legs high on the wall and forget that my legs were bandaged - until I realised they'd started to fatten up and get cold from lack of circulation!

Today I tried no bandage all day, been speed walking on the treadmil for 20 minutes, ran around to do errands and have hardly elevated the legs. It's 5pm now and so far they seem ok. Will check tomorrow morning if there's anything different/alarming.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi girls, I'll be heading to Taiwan on 2/19/2017 for the procedure, really nervous but I have been wanting this for a few years now.
For the girls that have gotten it done with Dr.Jong in Taiwan, which hotel did you guys stay at? @happychallenger @LiHuei
If anyone else is going around that time, we can keep each other company as I am heading there alone! I speak mandarin so language won't be a problem for me.

I wish >< I'll be doing my facial surgeries in Korea though. Good luck to you though, girl!

@QueenF i stayed at the dejavu hotel and it was decent. Wifi and breakfast were complimentary and room was clean. I also stayed in an Airbnb flat for a couple nights but I recommend you stay at a hotel if you're traveling alone because you don't want to be worrying about going out to get food you could just get room service at least until you can walk better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey Camber,
I want to go during the month of May too. But I haven't booked anything or know much of the procedure for that matter. Calf reduction has always been something on the back of my mind - so I come here and read sometimes. I think I'm ready for it now and saw your post.
However I'm not sure if there's anything I should have prepared or if planning it now would be too late for May. I'm available basically for the whole summer.
If you're comfortable, please, can you share what you have done up to now to prepare? Any help is good. ;) PM or reply is fine with me :biggrin:

I would be happy to chat with you.

Hi Judypru, where are you based. I confirm I have provisionally booked for 1 May but will not be confirmed until I book flight. Have to send this to Dr Park and then he will confirm. I am flexible and having emailed Dr Park he is also flexible with time.

Thanks for replying! You're very quick! I'm in Canada right now.

Hello everyone!! I'm going to have surgery with Dr. Jong on March 16th. Is anyone going there around this time? I've been putting this off forever and am not waiting any longer.....my patience has completely run out with these huge calves. So excited, but at the same time, I am a nervous mess. I'm travelling alone and am worried if I need assistance. Also, how long will I be having difficulty walking? I will appreciate any info and advice. Thanks!!

Thank you! Good luck for your surgeries also, which clinic are you heading to?

It turns out a friend will actually be accompanying me, hopefully I'm not stuck in bed the whole time and could actually go out with her!

I'm heading there this weekend and will have my procedure on 2/21 with consultation on 2/20. I'll let you know updates once I am a few days Post Op.

Hi everyone,
I am now 4 and a half months post op, or 140 days to be exact. I just wanted to tell you people thinking of doing this and are hesitant.. don't be. If you've really struggled with your calves this is a great surgery and I do not regret it at all. The recovery is hard but the results are awesome. I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin now. If you have questions you can always ask me! :smile:

Hi travelbird! Did you get your procedure done with Dr. Jong? If yes, how long did it take before you could walk without struggling?

Thank you!!