BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi, no I did it with dr Park, hmm I don't remember exactly but I was never really limping like some people. I think I was walking okay by day 4 or 5 as long as I didn't walk to fast. It wasn't perfect but people didn't notice I had surgery. But I did walk quite fine by the time I had to travel back home. However it took me weeks to be able to walk down stairs without struggling. Walking up stairs is a lot easier.
I can also mention that I did the DMZ tour the second week post op which is a lot of walking and up and down a loooong tunnel. None of the other people in my group noticed anything "wrong" with me. I was keeping up with them the whole time :smile:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hu Judypru,
My flight was actually longer than that haha
I booked my flight quite late so I didn't have many options. I had to fly from Seoul to China which took 4 hours. Then from China to Amsterdam which took over 12 hours!! and the last flight was from Amsterdam to Copenhagen which was an hour.. I was very worried about the long flight, I remember getting a panic attack when the flight between china and the Netherlands was taking off. I just felt my feet swelling up because I couldn't elevate and knew it was going to be a hard flight. They gave me a good seat. I had sooo much legroom but that didn't help because I still could not elevate. After like two or three hours a man got upgraded to first class because his words "He can sleep vertically he needs to lie horizontal".. So he came up to me and said I can take his old seat, which was in the back. There were 3 empty seats just for me which sounds good but the armrests didn't go all the way up so it was impossible to sleep comfortable anyway. I got a bit annoyed that they didn't upgrade me since one of the flight attendants knew my condition.. But whatever..

About airport assistance. I sent an email to China southern (airline) and asked for assistance at the airport. You can also write your airline on Facebook, I noticed you gat an answer quicker! I also asked dr Park to write a doctors note incase the airline needed it which they didn't. Then when I arrived at the airport I just informed the someone the the checkin counter that I had arrived. Later someone that worked at the airport picked me up in a wheelchair and this was very cool because we took a lot of shortcuts, cuts lines and it all went quick and smooth, no big lines and all that. This is really great, someone picks up up and drops you off, you don't have to worry about anything. I remember getting stressed because takeoff was getting closer and I had still not gone trough airport security. But as I mentioned before we go in a special line and cut before others. You will either be picked up in a wheelchair or a electric little "golfcar". In Seoul and China it was a wheelchair in Amsterdam and Copenhagen it was a electric car. I defiantly recommend getting the assistans!! :biggrin:

What? There is no shame. Not everyone prefers the amount of muscles taken out over shape. Marrob has her own reasons and knows her body the best therefore she made her decision to go with Jong. And she didn't even mention that Park was rude, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. IMO, skills are what make you a doctor, compassion is what makes you a good doctor.

Haha, maybe I should use his reason to get an upgrade on my flight. I heard upgrades are rarely done nowadays though.That layover must have been horrible! I heard upgrades are rarely done nowadays though. Oh, I didn't know the Facebook method would be faster~ I'll definitely try that if I'm need something done quickly. And ya, I heard from another person in the forum that the assistance from the counter to the gate is way easier. Thanks for replying travelbird!! I'm trying to plan the trip right now. I want to explore Korea while I'm there, cause I know that after the operation, I'll probably have to rest a bit, stay in my room and stretch. It's hard, there's so many places and things I want to see and do! lol.

Awwww thanks, Judypru. You are a sweetheart. You are right about everything you said. Spot on. We need to uplift each other and this forum has been a blessing, being able to relate with others about the whole "battle of the calves" we have been going through.

I'm happy and trust Dr. Jong's decision based on my case. We have to go with who we choose, especially when it comes to surgery. It has been an awesome experience for me and Dr. Jong and his caring staff made it so much more comfortable than I anticipated.

Day 6 post op

Went to the clinic and everything was okay. Dr. Jong said I could probably return home early based on my recovery, but I couldn't change my itinerary. As for pain, hmmmmm there isn't much. There is only a slight feeling of tightness when I first try to walk, then it subsides after a few minutes and it's all systems go lol. Did a little shopping today and then headed back to the hotel.

Day 7 post Op

Not much today as well. Just the intial tightness when first trying to walk. My next appointment is tomorrow so I will keep you posted. Honestly, to anyone deciding whether to get this done, I say go for it. The surgery and recovery itself isn't bad at all. The only thing bothering me is not being able to wear jeans and worrying if I will be stuck wearing Yoga pants for six months.

Day 8 Post Op

Had another appointment today. Dr.Jong aspirated 12cc from my right leg and 8cc from my left. Not much, but actually felt lighter afterwards. I feel great, except a little numbeness in my right snkle and foot. When I had my compression stockings off, I noticed a difference...... Dr. Jong is great at sculpting. He wanted to reduce size while keeping the legs shapely. He said if too much is removed legs might look sunken or too straight. I actually like the shape he gave my legs. They were too straight, yet thick before. Now, I have ankles and the bulge is gone, with added shape to give a more feminine look. I'm trying to give the best description lol. The skin is still loose and too soon to tell the overall outcome.

Hi Marrob

That is great you are happy it would be awful if you were disappointed as it is a lot to go through.
It is not as horrific as it sounds. I remember when I first stated to investigate it was out of this world to get this done.
After reading all comments on this forum I am more confident.
Judypru there is no need to get abrupt and it is nothing to do with shame only preferences.

Judypru dont usually respond to emails such as yours but results are what makes you a good doctor. Not bedside manner and that is my opinion so it would gracious if you accepted it.

travelbird
you have made up my mind I am paying by card. I was worried about the cash part of it. So basically you can go to customs and get the tax refund. I am going to do that.
Did you need a medical visa?

Judypru one last email. "What a shame" means I am gutted for Marrob as she at first did not appear happy with the result. The statement has NOTHING to do with "shame". However I am delighted Marrob now seems happy.

Hi Camber,

I think Judypru had the same reaction I initially had when I read the "What a shame" part. I took it negatively at first, but then knew you didn't mean it in a bad way after thinking a little about it and even more after you explained it. I think it was just miscommunication. I hope we can move forward and forget about this. It's hard to find others with the same concerns....in this case the life long "battle of the calves." OMG my calves have been a pain in the butt my whole life. Only we know our pain. Hope we can stick together, be supportive and understanding, and forget the misunderstanding.

Hi Marrob
Thanks for your response. The incident forgotten already but of course I had to alert everyone to the meaning of "what a shame" and not all words are to be interpreted literally. So are you still recovering well and happy with the results.