BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi happychallenger! Can you recap on your results and what your desired revision is for?

Grass is always greener on the other side. We experience the same stares & embarrassment with our big calves lol

Super not satisfied with my results. My legs look exactly the same as they were before the operation. Dr Jong agreed and suggested a revision and quoted me $3000 for it. I wasn't too happy about the quote but I also understand that there is a cost to do the entire procedure again, My legs did look smaller right after the surgery but they slowly grew back to their original size. I haven't been running or exercising excessively and I don't wear heels so I don't know what happened... Dr Jong said he would have to use ultrasound to see if my muscles grew back but he doesn't think that's possible.

• 1 month later...
Mine is not too big but muscular , it is genetic. Now that I put on some weight after my kids I can't even wear skinny pant or legging . Got really natural nice butt and tight but my calf makes me hate my gene . If I dress up in long gown or some other pant you will never know what "what bad legs" I have as my cousin always said. I can't wear anything short even though I got good body . But at same time so scared of the surgery what if I never get to walk again. My job requires lot of standing ( nursing ) I got two beautiful kids but I really need to uplift my self esteem and having that guarantee I will be alright after a calf surgery .

• 2 weeks later...
Omg I’m in the same position as you! My body is fine to me too I have some booty, small waist and boobs and all and then there’s my muscular calves! Ugh! It really does hold me back a lot in my socializing life and I have major self esteem issue from it. The same ole situation that have been told on here by many, I wear long pants all the times yes even in the summer and when I do wear dresses and skirts it have to be long so I can hide it. It makes me look short and stumpy. Everytime I get dress and I think about having to work around my calves makes me not even want to leave the house. I really want to get the surgery so bad and have the funds for it but I’m extremely terrified and scared of the recovering process. Our friends on here haven’t done any updating for a while. I’m wondering what’s going on with everyone? I have been a silent reader of this thread for yearssss now. From the very first one to newer ones . Set on Dr. Park but I’m trying to work up the courage to go. Ladies please update on your progress good or bad please.

Hi happychallenger, how are you doing? Have you gone back for your revision yet? If so would you be so kind to update us on your progress please? I hope everything went smoothly for you and that you’re doing great. Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi all, I just thought of wanting to give back to the forum. I did my calf reduction with Dr Park last Monday (30/10) and I just want to say that this is not for the faint hearted...

Day 1 of surgery:
I did both lipo and calf reduction at the same time. Not sure if that was a good choice. I woke up half way through the op and I could feel Dr Park tugging the sides of my thighs with a canula. I was groggy and did not feel anything except for the tugging. After it was done, I remembered seeing a bottle of yellowish thick melted butter like liquid when I left the theatre. I actually asked the nurse if I could take a picture of that but she said they have already discarded it ): I wanted to remind myself to never overindulge. I was on the drip for a while and could walk to the toilet after the operation. I stayed in the resting room about 2 hours before Dr park sent me back to the hotel.

Day 2:
Went back to remove my stitches and I remembered Dr asking me to stretch. The nurses tried to push me against the wall..I was in so much pain that I almost passed out. I remembered being dizzy and I suddenly could not hear anything. I burst out in tears and started crying. The nurses had me lie down on the sofa while I was sobbing. It was all too much to bear. I got up and continued my stretches bit by bit. I started quite close to the wall and moved further and further. I could walk better after that.

Day 3:
I stayed in and cried because I was in so much pain. My thighs were starting to be bruised so sleeping was very uncomfortable. The spinal anaesthesia was giving me a terrible headache because there was a puncture in my dura and the blood could not clot properly. I was having migraines due to the loss of cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) even though I drank so much water.

Day 5:
I went to the clinic to visit Dr Park and he brought me some painkillers and blood clotting med.

Day 7:
Visited Dr Park and had my first aspiration. The needle pricking was just painful and I screamed...they had about 13ml removed which dr park said its normal. He is very nice, keeps patting my back and laughing at my whiny-ness. I admit I have a very low threshold for pain and am terrified of needles.
I am still in pain and am unable to walk properly. It just hurts and I am still limping. I try to do my stretches but I get giddy after a short while. At this stage I am thinking if it was worth it. I've got a feeling that I will think its worth it in the future...but right now I am still emotionally and physically drained.

Paracutt333 hope you continue to recover and it is worth it. Dr Park does appear to get good results. I am also doing this over the Christmas period and having lipo on my knees and maybe around the calf as well. I have had lipo before and it is not pleasant and you feel stiff so you have had a double wammy. Is your hearing OK now or do you mean you just fainted? That was worrying comment as I thought at first you had a neurological reaction. I hate needles as well and dread having to do the aspiration myself. Stay on the forum. A lot of girls have gone through it and it seems the first 2 weeks are the worst. It is scary stuff . What country are you from? I am from UK

Hello Camber,
Yes my hearing is ok now, it was just for that 30 seconds of muffled hearing and profuse sweating when I was pushed against the wall. Dr Park is very kind :smile: His nurses are a little stern and rough when handling so I try to remind them to be gentle. I've a low pain threshold.

I did not expect thigh liposuction to be this uncomfortable. Could you remember how long before your swelling and bruising went down?