BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Thanks for the info, camber. I met Black Caviar, another forum member, through this forum a few years ago when we were both doing our neurectomies. We had similar results. From what I've read here, she did the surgery again with Dr. Jong and had good results. I remember I had her on Facebook and she posted a picture where you could see her calves, and they looked really good to me, actually... It is a hard decision about where to go. I don't feel comfortable going to Korea to do plastic surgery. The culture is too different. I am ethnically Chinese, so I would feel fine going to Taiwan.

Anyway, do you mind pm'ing pics of your calves?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Princes I remember Balck Cavier and just read back on some of her post. She was last online in June 2016. Her last posts were good and she was happy. She seems to be a minority as every other person seems to have been happy with his bedside manner but not the results. Most have reported on results. Black Cavier got lucky. Maybe her calves were not that big to begin with and only a small amount needed to be taken. I know what you mean about Korea

I skimmed through this board from page 1 until 188 and summarized people's results w/ Dr. Jong as reported by members. I'm posting them here in case they might help anyone else decide. I hope happychallenger and QueenF can continue to update us, and I really hope your calves get smaller. I can't imagine having gone through all that and for your calves to remain unchanged in size. The only other apparently negative experience was in 2014 when one member reported that her right leg became hypertrophied again after surgery in 2012, but one of Dr. Park's patients reported similar hypertrophy and went to Dr. Jong for revision. But overall, I would say most members appear to be satisfied with their results.

thegorgeous (2011) -- no complaints, no positive results either
cutesnoppy (2011) -- happy with results one year post-op
teenagedirt (2012) -- happy with results initially, but in 2014 posted "I have my operation done by dr Jong. 2 years and my legs function beautifully but recently I notice my right leg muscle grow out quite thick. I am sure Dr Jong will be more than happy to fix it for me but the thought of going thru it all over again is too much to bear."
Darakuku (2013) -- happy with results at one month PO
b_nthie (2014) - "I originally came to dr. Park to correct a asymmetry problem. I waited and waited for the results to settle in but in the end, Dr. Park had not fixed my asymmetry and has seemed to worsen my original concerns. Dr. Jong dx is that Dr. Park may have over worked my medial calf (the part that bulges when you stand on your toes) and under worked the lateral side. In return, the bottom medial calf and the lateral calf grew to compensate for the loss in that bulge. Pretty much, the shape of my right calf was just completely thrown off". No complaints
Black Caviar: Seems to be happy with results.
Roverbaby: happy with results shortly after operation, no long-term results posted.
Happychallenger: no difference in size at 6 months PO
LiHuei: seems to be happy
lui1992: recent surgery, nothing really posted about results
QueenF: unhappy...
marrob: seems to be happy so far

Thanks for doing that prince. I know at least one of those people is stated to be 'happy so far' is staying positve but initially said she saw no difference. No difference is no good, might as well just keep the legs you have and save the money. It seems to be me overall that you have to go to Dr Park

Hi everyone. So sorry I haven't been on here with any updates. I have been so busy trying to move back to the states. I just wanted to share some things. My calves are slowly changing. The swelling is down and I hope it continues. So far I am happy with the results.

Also, for those going to Korea, I suggest a nice little hotel I found and stayed at while in Seoul, Gangnam Family Hotel. It used to be a serviced residence. The great thing about it is that there is a small kitchenette, with a stove and microwave. It even has a washing machine. Plus, it's affordable. You might want to look into it. The staff is great as well, there is a 7/11 on the first floor, and you there are several restaurants that deliver. I wish I had a place like this to stay at when I had surgery. Going out and getting food was the hardest the first few days.

Hi Marrob I wondered what had happened to you. Glad it has worked out I had started to loss heart about this procedure as the forum got a bit depressing with people reporting negative results. So your legs are becoming more shapely? Do you have any trouble walking. Would you feel confident in skirts now??

Don't lose heart. I am going to get it done soon, and I will update you on my results. People tell me I am crazy for wanting to do this so badly, but I just think proportionate legs look so much better than my muscular legs. My legs have this awkward bulge that's more suited to a football player, and it doesn't match the rest of my appearance.

Hi Camber!! Walking is not a problem for me at all. I don't even have the awkward feeling when I first try to walk in the morning anymore. I'm not comfortable wearing skirts or shorts though. My mom says they look great, but the outer bulge is still there and that's the part I hate.

I am happy with the shape, but I do wish he would have taken more muscle. During consultations with both Dr. Park and Dr. Jong, I noticed Dr. Park takes the most muscle (the overall design is what I wasn't satisfied with when looking over his before/after pics). Dr. Jong is more like a designer with his procedure. He takes muscle, but also focuses on a nice shape. I guess that's why some people go to both for revisions. I wish we could combine their skills somehow lol.

Still, I would do it all over again because the result is way better than what my legs looked like before. I am going to give it a few more months. If they don't improve further, I'm going to ask Dr. Jong if he can remove more.

Keep your head up and don't lose faith. I agree that with the time and money that goes into the procedure, we should get better results. The recovery is fine, but thinking about going through the hassle again is a headache. Also, you are probably better off getting it done in the fall. Wearing the compression stockings in warm weather isn't fun.

It's frustrating because I am positive if Dr. Jong removed just a tiny bit more I would have been satisfied.

Hi marrob when you say the outer bulge do you mean the outside calf has a solid strong look. I have that as well but is not bulging but looks SOLID. I wonder if Botox would work on that area. Sounds like you are nearly there. Dr Liu in Califrona said I should have 150ml (or whatever measure it is) in each leg . I know what you are saying about Dr Park he does seem to create a straight line. Mine have been so manly for so long I think I am just thinking about getting them a bit more feminine getting as much off as possible and not really thinking about the shape. I am now booked in for Dr Park for 18 December as December is when I get most time off work and also as you say would like it to be done in winter months because of heat - although heat or sun is not always a problem in the UK. I think justification for having had a good job done is getting out there in a dress or skirt. I hope yours slim done so you can get the skirts on as the legs have been far too long under wraps. Keep us updated.

Hi Camber!! Yes, the outer part of my leg kind of bulges out in the shape of a banana. Dr. Jong reshaped it a bit, but I wish he would have taken a little more. I think I have this shape because my Sol is so large..... I'm going to get botox and see if it helps. It's pretty cheap here.....around 240 dollars for both legs. I was looking into a few procedures, like thread lifting. Dr. Jong didn't want to take too much because he said I also have loose skin. I'm really interested in this botox+thread lift procedure people are getting done here. The thread is supposed to tighten/shape. It melts over time and causes collagen and elastin production in the area. I'm going to check it out and see if it's worth getting.

Hi Marrob didn't know you could get the thread lift on your calves. It is a good idea for loose skin in that area. I am having that done in June as one of my eyebrows dropped so one eye is a bit wrinkly. The other is fine so you can imagine what that looks like. I am still not sure about Dr Jong I think he has an excuse for everything. As a dr he should know you could get a thread lift or even lifting surgery and should have taken much more. Anyway you are relatively happy and your mum said they have changed so he must have made some impact. Yes, the dr in California told me I needed 150 of the botox.

Hey guys! I thought of doing a day to day post about my calf reduction surgery with Dr. Park. But I got too lazy. I'll probably give a bit of a summary later on, when I find the time to do so. I know a lot of people coming to this forum will have a lot of questions and I once was one of you guys as well. So would love to give back to the forum. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them here. I see marrob answering a lot of questions too :biggrin:. Let's all work together to help each other :smile:

Additional information: I had my surgery at the beginning of May 2017 :smile:. If you look back at my posts, I've been on and off on this surgery from very early on. This is due to a few reasons. I wanted it because I wanted to slim down my calves and from my research, my calves can't really be slimmed down as the shape is mainly due to muscles and there is very little fat in the area. I have been debating on the surgery because (1) It is an invasive surgery. Risks and danger to the surgery should not be ignored. (2) Recovery period is long. (3) Support for the surgery was low. People that I've told, especially my boyfriend, didn't seem to understand and he kept persuading me to give up my thoughts on it.
Just thought I should include that because there might be someone reading about the surgery who is in the situation I was in. Just know you're not alone.