BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

@Roverbaby

Hello! Roverbaby. How is now?
I'll do calve reduction surgery on May~April. But I'm hesitating. Dr.Jong or Dr.Park, which doctor should I choose? So could you tell me your postoperative course more. And I worry about scars in Dr Jong's cases. I really hope your good condition!:smile:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Tototo

The recovery is fantastic! I don't have to aspirate my calves, all went nice and smooth. I am able to walk on my feet on day 7th with only slightly tightness on my calves. Dr. Jong will remove all the stitches tomorrow and I will fly to JKT the next day.

I choose Dr Jong because he was the one who was willing to fix the shape of my calves from the previous calves liposuction. He even fixed my varicose vein at the same time. While Dr. Park sounds very commercial in his email as he gave me a quotation straight away on his first email.

My previous calves circumference before the surgery was 36.5 cm and straight after the surgery it went down to 34 (R) and 35 (L). he was monitoring the recovery and did ultrasound to see whether hematoma occurs in every 2nd day. I am now 11th day post op and the circumference is around 33-34 cm

Actually is not just the reduction of my calves circumference that amazed me, the shape has totally improved. He did the liposuction around my ankles, my knees and my thighs too. They look very slim and slender, they don't look like my legs at all. :biggrin:
I am super happy with the results.

The surgery cost me US $ 7000 and that's included everything. I am very impressed with the whole experience I had with Dr. Jong.

@Roverbaby

Thank you so so so much!!!!!!! Your report is very kind and good information for me. I think your calves will become more smart! wow~. How is a scar? also went well? I want to know the size of scar(mm). Because I read on this forum Dr.Jong make a scar bigger than Dr.Park. I know you didn't go through an operation by Dr.Park. So sorry, I ask you a lot. Anyway I was so glad you are fine!!!

Hi Tototo,

The day before I left Taipei, Dr. Jong did aspirate my calves. Not because I needed it (the fluid in the calves was less than 10 cc on each leg) but he did because I had to leave the country and worried that the fluid may accumulates further from sitting on the plane for too long.

The scar is about 3 cm long on each leg, which is fine for me. It heals really well too. I'm very happy with it.

My suggestion is if you go by yourself, you better stay in the hotel in the first week. The first 3-5 days were the hardest as you have to lay down most of your time. After that, you would start to learn to walk and Dr. Jong will rent you a walking aid equipment and also a wheel chair. He also will borrow you a mobile phone, so you could contact him at anytime.

If you would like to reduce the cost of your accomodation, you could rent a service apartment near his clinic for the second week. I got one from Airbnb, it was really nice studio and got everything you need to stay in a flat.

Email me if you need the flat owner's number or if you need a special taxi to pick you up from the airport or to take you around Taipei. My email is [email protected]

Hi everyone, I've been looking at this forum off and on for a long time. Has anyone heard of Dr. Young Shin Cho? The photos on the website look really good and she does a combination of calf reduction, liposuction and fat grafting.

It says "The “selective maximal multiple denervation” procedure involves selective nerve block to obliterate only motor nerves that innervate the calf muscle by using a high-gauge (thin) needle. Utilization of a thin needle does not leave a scar. Recurrences are largely reduced due to finding nerve bundles maximally and trivial nerve branches are obliterated (140-160 nerves on the average at this clinic). Along with retouch surgery ten months later, this approach is nearly permanent." http://www.young-clinic.com/wp_en/calf-clinic?

Anyone have some thoughts? :smile:

I sent them an email. If anyone has had this and it didn't work does it just go back to the previous shape or does the leg go a weird shape? Like is it worth trying before the more invasive treatment? I'll report back if I have any info.

Is calf reduction surgery safe ? Is there is any side effects or complications after that ? :giggles: I've seen on Grand that there is procedure to make the bulky calf reduce being lean and like 'chopstick leg'. But, i wasn't really sure about it.

All of the other procedures are a waste if time, especially ones advertised by Grand and other clinics that aren't even popular for calf procedures. They are promoting injections, which is botox and some stuff that supposed to melt fat....total b.s. tried it all and complete waste if money. Lipo helps if the problem is fat, otherwise it's better to save your money and get the real deal. I had a consultation with Dr. Park, since I live in Korea, but have decided to have surgery with Dr. Jong in the future. Seems like people were more satisfied with their results with Dr. Jong. I think I have wasted about 7000 dollars on my calves with no results. I wish I would have just gotten the surgery to begin with....it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

Botox helps.
I know a surgeon at Modelo Clinic is an expert in this area, but he is quite expensive as he is a very reputable surgeon and a top lecturer/professor at a top 3 Korean university. The people at the clinic also only speak in Korean.

Hi evachan
Did you have your procedure with dr Liu? If so how did it go? I'm thinking about seeing him to have my calf reduction procedure done. Thanks for your input

you can get the botox injection to minimize the size..although you need to maintain them like every 10month or so....just like the wrinkle on your forehead.

• 3 weeks later...
I have one question, how do you know if your calves are big because of the fat or because of your muscles ? My calves are fairly big and I wanted to try lipo them first since I am not sure if calf reduction surgery is safe . Won't the surgery affect your muscles and may damage your walking ability in the long run ?