BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there

you're looking at about 10k AUS for flights, surgery, food, accommodation, miscellaneous expenses.

i am currently recuperating from calf surgery here at the Oz Clinic, had surgery last Tuesday at 11:00 am, Dr Park and the staff are beyond expectations. Post surgery has been very very good, no pains, bruising around the knee area. I have been wearing flip flops since i left the clinic and there seems to be no pain more on soreness when i do stretching. I have an appt tomorrow with Dr Park. My calves are still swollen, the accomodations at the Young Dong Hotel is satisfactory considering the cost. The staff is very courteous too and the shuttle service to and from the clinic is always on time. Bring books and anything else that can occupy you.

You are very lucky!! I had my surgery 4 mths ago and i still have a bit of tightness in my leg left. I was virtually crippled for the firset 4 weeks. But I am please with my result so it was worth the pain.

just saw dr park and had my first aspiration done. It was bearable. He was happily surprised to see my more than normal speedy recovery. I went to one of the malls today, this is my 9th day and could only walk around for 2 hours. My legs started getting tired. I walk to Paris Baguette Cafe everyday to get my baguette and I am estatic. Have 7 more days here.

can i give my two cents' worth pls?

when u think abt people who can't even walk, or dun even have legs.. you would be grateful for having legs that are chunky or muscular..

it's ok to aspire for perfection.. but always remember your blessings :smile:

i know of someone who went for the same surgery (with a different doc tho) and she totally regretted it.
For someone who used to exercise a lot, she found that her leg strength is not what it used to be.. her legs get tired very easily and she misses the flexibility, ease and strength she had taken for granted for 28 years.. the issue is can you readjust?

good luck to all considering this surgery :smile:

that "someone you know" must have gone to a second rate doctor. i still go to the gym everyday after work and although it took a couple of weeks to get to run at the same pace before, I have done it. there is no need to wish anyone luck because the result is VERY GOOD with Dr Park. Many of us who have had the surgery can confidently say that. There is no need for any sort of readjustment! Thanks for your 2 cents anyways.

Mave, Thanks for your 2 cents!!!!

I'm in the same boat w/ a bigger bottom to my small top. I do the following to keep my bottom half from getting out of control.
ONE - Eat Right 80% of the time.
TWO - Bike, Walk, Hike, Climb
THREE - Understand your body type & Love it!!!
As for running & heavy lifting stay away. My Sister is a profesional runner & with her body type like mine she has only gained muscle ie size.

As for # THREE i struggle every time i try on Boots, Skinny Jeans, Fitted Skirts, Fitted Dresses. What i do is watch old movies W/ Actresses everybody claims was "perfect" Since doing this i've watch a bunch of amazing movies with real women & men with real body types!!! These ladies had big calves, & all of them are OMG NATURAL!!!!
Compare yourself to these ladies & embraced the beauty of the old cinema!

That is my 2 Cents!

XXB

Thanks for the video. I'm going to try them today.

I have to be honest, the surgery thing just absolutely shocks me. I'm not sure what everyone's calves look like, but they would have to be really really bad for me to do something that extreme. Personally, I love my muscular legs. In fact, I am a huge skirt lover because of that. I admit that they don't look great if I put on weight, but I think toned, muscular legs look great.

Wear heels. It seems to "stretch" my legs out. I know it sounds silly, but go stand in front of a full-length mirror. Look at your calves. Then put on the heels and look again. It's like they're instantly slimmer because your heel is lifted up. Works for me. The next step would be to find comfortable heels!