BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

sappyeyes, congrats on recovering so well! I had the surgery back in May of 2005 and still feel it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I wish you well with the rest of your recovery!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same, I am nearly 5 months and even though i still have some tightness, i have no regret at all. I am so much more confident and love my legs now.

I have made up my mind to go ahead with the surgery can you please get back to me with any contact information about the doctor and or facility you went to its been 11 years since i felt comfortable to wear a dress and or skirt im sick of it and only 26 years old... I know every one is trying to stop me but i only pray by me going ahead with the surgery it will give my confidence back and that i will have no complications...please please resond back with the facility i would really appreciate it...thanks

You can read back to around Page 20 for my experience and the doctor that treated me. There are other girls who have had the surgery by the same doctor.

hey there, been back for a week now and am having fluid build up. Did you have the same? how did you manage and what did you do? I am trying to elevate legs at night and every opportunity i have but am back working so it is difficult. how long did it take for you to see a difference. I believe i have lost at least 1/2 inch but with the fluid build up i cannot tell. i am going to go to an orthopedic surgeon and see if he can aspirate. Any suggestions? my walking is fine, have no problems with it at all, in fact i have had an easy recovery and never used heels during my 3 week stay in korea, i wore flats right after surgery and did not have much of a problem. i just need to get rid of this fluid in my calves. thanks in advance

You must be very patient when waiting for your results. I would say it took me a full year before my calves stopped swelling. You are very lucky you have had such an easy recovery. I could not walk normally for probably about 1 to 1.5 months.

I don't know anyone who has seen Dr. Jung. Does her perform the muscle resection? Or does he do the nerve cutting. IMO, I wouldn't recommend any doctor for this procedure except for Dr. Park.

Dr Jong deos the same thing as Dr Park, partial resection of MG LG and Sol. The only difference is he does the Sol which Dr Park does not touch. I've writtten to the two of them with photos of my legs and they all responded. i just need to talk to one person who has seen Dr. Jong. Am still open to both of them at this stage. I intend to go by December so please help me find any one who has seen Dr. Jong so i can compare and make my decision

i look at it this way javla, If Dr park is the most renowned calf surgeon in Asia, why would you consider someone else? I do understand wanting to know more about Dr Jong. I myself was curious but common sense gave way and I went with the best.

hi sappyeyes

You are right in thinking that i should just go with Dr. Park. The issue here is finance in that Dr Park charges USD 6000 as stated on his website while Dr. Jong charges 3,700 USD. Now if they both do the same thing, i would see no reason going to Dr. Park. Again i understand Korea is a lot more expensive and since i intend to stay for up to a month to make sure am fine before coming back to Malaysia, am thinking it just might be wise for me to research Dr. Jong as an option.
By the way how are your legs now? i really wish i was you already. I've been in prison with this calfs of mine my entire life. I've not worn a skirt for the past 10 years

Calf surgery is a major operation, and even though Dr Park charges more money, I believe he is the most experience and best person to do the surgery. Dr Park doesn't touch the soleus muscle while Dr Jong does. The soleus muscle is key to walking and running, hence the reason why Dr Park doesn't touch this. Good luck with whichever Doctor you decide to go with.

javla,
if money is the problem, with all due respect i would stop considering calf surgery at this point. Like kok i agree this is major surgery and you would not want to skimp on the surgery because walking and leg movement is at risk for going with a cheaper physician. dR jONG may be experienced, he also is in taiwan. Do you have any idea how his clinic looks like? Don't sacrifice expense for results. It will be a lifetime of regret if you went with someone mediocre. Though anything can happen with Dr Park, he is only human but over all if I were to redo this surgery, I would do it with Dr. Park. That's how confident I am with him. Good luck