Hi alana rose,
I am from the uk to! and am also interested in this surgery
send me a message and let me know when u are going

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Julie88

Welcome to the board. I suggest you to read all the post in this thread. There are many girls who shared their experience. If you have specific question, ask them :smile:

I'm planing to do the calf reduction surgery in fall :smile: What about you?

Hi Julie88. I am intending to go in August when the kids go back to school, although I have no definite arrangements as yet. Have you definately made your mind up?? I'd feel better if I was able to see some of the "after" pictures from some of the members that have had it done.

Hi,
I have my surgery booked for 7th June, at Oz clinic - cant wait !

hey
i would like to do it as soon as possible!
however i would like to see some more pictures, and read up a little more.

I have researched and found out about something called RF CALF REDUCTION which is a procedure carried out in singapore, it is very successful, and less scarier then the surgery carried out in korea.

it is worth reading up on.. http://www.alaxis.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=66

hey
yes i would also like to see some more pictures..
i have actually found out about another procedure which is offered in singapore...
http://www.alaxis.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=66

check it out

hi, I checked out the site you mentioned, and I don't see much difference in the after photos, in fact it mentioned you lose between 2-4 cm, and the way I feel about my calves thats not enough lol. Have you any idea when you think you may be going? Have you submitted your photos to Dr Park yet so he can give you a virtual photo? I'm going to do it later and see what he comes up with.

Hi there. Are you taking anyone with you? Where are you staying? Did you find out if the hospitals here would carry out the aspiration if it was needed when you come back home? I'm desperate to book the op just now, but I don't feel like I've got enough info just yet. Have you seen any after photos from any of the girls that have had it done or is it just the ones on the clinics website? Dr Park said that a few clients were not satisfied with the result, I wonder why? That is the only thing that I'm scared of, getting it done and not noticing any real difference. I might just wait till you've had it done before I book, then again i'm so desperate I don't know if I can:biggrin:

The Virtual photo that dr park provides is only that, a virtual. Its obviously not 100% accurate of the true result. The main thing that dr park aims to do it to make your calve appear slimmer. There is always a small risk that you might not be 100% satisfy, but you just have to ask yourself, is it worth taking the chance to have better calves, calves that you have be unhappy with all your life. For me personally, I had been unhappy with my calves all my life and when i found out abt this procedure i had no hesitation. I only wish i found out abt this procedure earlier. i now feel more confident about wearing shorts and skirts and no longer feel embarrassed abt them. In terms of the aspiration, i only had it done once in seoul. Its simply the removal of excess fluid in your calves. My partner was with me when dr park did it and showed my partner how to do it, its quite straight forward and dr park said if i felt i needed it done again, my partner could do it for me. But I didn't need to be aspirated again and i dun think i know of any other girls who had their calves aspirated again when they left seoul.

The lead up to the operation is nerve wrecking but if you really want it, just go for it. Hundreds of other girls have had it done, so you should feel confident enough that dr park will do his best to help you. The nurses who work with dr park are very nice and helpful as well.

Julie88, don't do that procedure at Alaxis. I was living in Singapore a couple of years ago and did it, but it had absolutely NO effect on my muscles. It didn't shrink at all! Even the doctor was so surprised and he redid the surgery a couple of times, but always the same results.

What that procedure does is to, uhm, you know when you tiptoe and you can see the strong shape of the calf muscles? That procedure just makes that disappear, so the line of your legs appear smoother. It does not reduce the circumference of your calves. I wasted a 2.5k to learn that lesson.

I don't have any pictures to show you guys, but I can give a detailed description of my results.

While both my calves were huge, my right leg was worse than my left cos the muscle itself begins in the middle of my calf. Normal calf muscles usually begin about the top 1/3 of your calf. What happens is, Dr. Park will only touch the top 1/3 of your calf, so while my left leg turned out GORGEOUS, my right leg still has a slight bulge in the middle.

Still, overall, I would say I'M GLAD I DID THE SURGERY!!! I've started wearing skirts and even knee-length pants! I would recommend you girls to do the surgery too! Just make sure you have someone supportive beside you during the recovery process cos the stretching hurts like crazy then!

BTW, for those who did the surgery, do you stockings have lots of holes in them??? I don't know if it's just me... I seem to be wearing my stockings out pretty fast! There are so many holes in it!!

Stretching for sure!
Pilates has lots of lengthening properties, check out some good programs if you are new to Pilates, like Pilates for Dummies for example, it really is a nice workout I find.

thank you so much for telling me this,
i was so close to doing this!
i will probably go ahead with dr park

if possible could i have an email add to which i can contact u with further questions

Hi Alana Rose,

I'm going to South Korea with my husband and will be staying at the Youngdong hotel (they do cheaper rates for patients of the Oz clinic).
I haven't looked into aspiration in the UK but I assume, if it can't be done on the NHS, I will probably be able to pay to get this done privately, if needed (hopefully it wont be).
As you have probably read earlier, my calves are HUGE, the right being 47cm and the left is 44.5cm. I'm hoping to get them reduced to the ideal size for my height, which is 36cm. With my calves being so big, I'm hoping I will see a significant reduction in size. (As you can see from Dr Parks website, the size I want as an 'end result', is actually bigger than the 'before' size on all the girls on the Oz clinic website. This just highlights how big my calves really are). I know I may not get the 10cm reduction I'm hoping for and it is a huge expense, but I know that this is my only hope.
Nobody seems to have put 'before/after' photos on the forum, for some reason, not sure why. I will keep you informed of my recovery and promise to post 'before/after' photos - although I have been told, it may take up to a year to see the true results.
x