BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I'm not sure. I had the surgery in 2005...it's been quite awhile! His procedures may have changed.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, guys, for answering, so much
So glad for those who already gone through all this...

Could you, guys, share how much everything end up by the time you got home? I calculated that I would need about $10.000 for everything: flight, lodging, food, surgery itself, but I don't know...

Who is from US, who paid with credit card or maybe there are some loans? I never had a credit and have no idea how it works, especially if you paying in other country...

Thank you!

Thank you gymbo!
How much cm you wanted to get rid off? Mine are 36-37 cm now and 34 cm would be enough for me...

Nice to hear you doing well, stay strong and patient... :smile:

I'm going home tomorrow. I can't wait !!!!! It's been a long journey, both physically and emotionally, but worth while. I am really hoping the end result will be as I want it. Bluesy and baby yoshii, how are your results looking, or still too early to tell?

I still have 1.5 cm difference in circumference but am not so worried about that. I'm more worried that my right leg is too skinny... Anyway I really trust dr park's expertise so am not losing sleep over it.

Roksana, I had 0.5cm off the right and 1.5cm off the left -but my problem was more muscle bulk than big calves.

I agree with what others have said about having to press dr park for advice and explanation. Sometimes what seems trivial to him is really important for us. But I never doubted for a second that I was in the best hands and after all, I travelled all the way to korea, baby in tow, because I wanted the best!

Now I just have to be patient and keep on with those blo*dy stretches!!!!

The worst really was the period leading up to the procedure and the not knowing what it was going to be like but once you've had it, no matter how painful it is afterwards, I don't think it's as bad as the not knowing.

Hi, looks like I can't PM since I haven't posted enough messages, or something like that. Anyway, I'm planning on going to OZ in early 2011 (Jan or Feb)... I guess the main thing is I'm nervous that I'll still feel the tingling and tightness years after the surgery. Could anyone discuss that a little more? Thank you!

wow... a thread for big calves... this place has everything! Anyway, I've always wished my calves were smaller. I don't think it makes anyone look bad really, I think we're more self conscious about it... but I really do hate when I try on boots I'm in love w/ and I can't get the zipper up. I'm right near the threshold of fitting into boots. I can get some on, but others are definitely never going to fit.

I have 2 a personal training sessions I got for free w/ my new gym membership (Pilates on those machines...) so I will ask the instructors about this!

Hi gymbo. I'll bet you're glad it's over now eh? How did you get on with your baby by yourself? I wish I could've got my legs done at the same time as you did but I had the 3 kids off school on holidays (thank goodness thats them back lol). Did things go as well as you expected or was it worse? I'm still intent on going in January.

^^ I think much of the insecurity comes from proportion to the rest of the body, and being unable to fit into boots. I know that's where my insecurity comes from. I refuse to wear skirts because my calves simply do not look right when compared to the rest of my body.

I agree. I have huge calves. I'm not kidding. I have calves bigger than 90% of guys. Bigger than guys who work out and try to get big calves. Once at a party when I was in my 20's, and quite thin, someone pointed out that I have large calves. We actually got out a bit of string and measured and mine were 1/2" to more than 1" larger than any of the guys at the party. We all laughed about it.

I love my calves and wouldn't trade them for the world. Even now that I'm in my 40's and heavier than I used to be, I think I have nice healthy calves. I think women are way too hard on themselves.

BTW, Naturalizer shoe company makes boots that fit people with wide calves. They are call them wide shafts. Prior to finding these boots, I couldn't wear boots that went over my calves. An extra bonus to the Naturalizer brand is that their shoes tend to be a little more padded on the bottom of the foot which make them more comfortable than the average shoe.

Hi Minna. It would be good if we were there at the same time. I'm a bit apprehensive about actually booking an appointment due to the situation between the North and South at the moment. I will wait until it's closer to the time before I actually book the surgery. Where are you from? I'm from the U.K