BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

hi dancinmama, me too please? can you please please PM me too on which airlines? i still havent booked flight because cannot decide on airline. the shortest route i found is still 16 hours :sad:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi YLLOM! Hope you're feeling much better as the days progress...tc!

i wonder why some people post at all.....seriously, we have been getting people who want to do the surgery but dare not and so tell us all not to or try to scare us and now we get a post like this which is neither here nor there. if someone needs to post to make up the minimum to get a PM, please just post a smiley.

to add, i know everyone has a right to write anything but please consider that some of us read these posts seriously. we are all considering surgery and not just which bag or conditioner to buy so if like an earlier person who posted about paralysis and all that, unless you know what you are talking about, please refrain. if you do know some bad review, yeah please tell us but so far, no one has been able to substantiate any of the rubbish scary posts they post. i was very scared too when i first found this but i was very careful not to discourage anyone. if you do not have this problem, perhaps you are consider keeping quiet unless you have something useful to say.

ps: for those considering surgery, i dont mean to say dont post your fears! those are not the posts i mean. i mean those people who just chance upon this forum and start writing rubbish

Agree with u completely!

Hey, how are u? Hope the pain has subsided....

Hello ladies, I am following posts for quite a long time. Thank you, guys, for writing so much about the procedure and after. What worries me there are not so many posts with people who have done it lets say two years ago?.. How common problems like asymmetry or skin discoloration?

Also I could never understand why only those doctors? Why here in US where everything is about making money and beauty, but why they don't practice it in here? I did ask Dr. Park and he said because it takes a lot of experience, but that’s any kind of surgery.

I really wanted to do it but too many loopholes for me to proceed any further. I asked plastic surgeons online and they never responded who knows why.

I'd agree with Dr. Park. Esp. since this seems to be something that affects more asian women, I wouldnt expect this is be a problem for the majority of Americans. Obesity is more of a problem for Americans, in which fat loss is necessary, not muscle. A lot more liposuction goes on in the US. Most women I see with big calves it's usually more fat than anything else. And also American medicine isnt as good as you may think. There are too many restrictions, laws and whatnots that restrict many medical advances. Government. Sorry if that sounds like a downer or anything but just sharing opinion.

The pain has definitely subsided. I was feeling much better Wednesday (I was feeling good enough to walk normally w/o limping) so I took a walk around for 1-2 hrs and I think it has worsened the swelling :sad:. So I have been elevating and resting my legs since. My left seems to be healing a lot quicker than the right (more muscle removed).
Today was my last visit to the clinic before going home and I was taught how to aspirate myself. The thought of it has been scary but it has to be done! So i did.
Measurements I have to get back to you esp since the right is still too swollen to tell.
A tip would be to bring wedge flip flops too! It'll make showering a LOT easier!
The room stinks (not literally) but you get what you pay for - basic necessities. If anyone has any questions please feel free to personally email me @ [email protected] :smile: i'd be happy to help.

The pain has definitely subsided. I was feeling much better Wednesday (I was feeling good enough to walk normally w/o limping) so I took a walk around for 1-2 hrs and I think it has worsened the swelling :sad:. So I have been elevating and resting my legs since. My left seems to be healing a lot quicker than the right (more muscle removed).
Today was my last visit to the clinic before going home and I was taught how to aspirate myself. The thought of it has been scary but it has to be done! So i did.
Measurements I have to get back to you esp since the right is still too swollen to tell.
A tip would be to bring wedge flip flops too! It'll make showering a LOT easier!
The room stinks (not literally) but you get what you pay for - basic necessities. If anyone has any questions please feel free to personally email me @ [email protected] :smile: i'd be happy to help.

I believe the reasons why US do not practice the surgery include:

1) there should be a huge population on people who want calf muscle surgery. But most people in US want to remove fat or add silicone to make things bigger.
2) there has to be a lot of studies done by various sources. There has to be a lot of people willing to be guinie pigs for the surgery in which they have to tract progress and side effects for years. Taking out muscles it just not heard of in the US. Usually it is adding muscles and in the US , a little calf muscle is considered sexy, not the shapeless legs.
3) in the US there are a lot of regulations which is good. People feel safer that way. Removing muscles or shaving bones i.e making facial structure smaller is very risky, may have unknown side effects and is not much of a demand in US.
They would have to go through years to even get that law passed for using the surgery for cosmetic purposes. Even the Partial gastrocnemius muscle resection surgery is farely new. I've only heard of two surgeons that are advertised and regularly practicing it in the world. And south Korea is one of the top countries that have the most natives doing plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is greatly advocated by the south korean government because it brings them a lot of money and raises the economy. This is what I read in many articles.

Yllom and Jackkki, thank you guys for responding. I can see that now with american law and stuff... I wish there would be an easier way out for us. Would be really nice to see some images of ladies who've done year or two ago, cause with photo editing I don't trust any pictures online anymore. I know, I'm such a skeptic and probably not helping any :-s

Hello all,

I just had the procedure done yesterday with Dr Park. Everything went well. I still have the bandages but I can definitely see a difference in my calf shape/ circumference. I went from 36cm to 33. I am satisfied and I don't regret having the surgery. Dr Park and his staff are very qualified and well attentioned. I am now back at the hotel with both legs elevated. I am able to do the stretching but the pain is still there.
I just want to thank everyone out there and say fighting for those who will undergo the precedure soon.

Hi YLLOM! how are u doing? hope every things going perfectly?