BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi how is the pain? ....Are u satisfied with the results completely?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I might also go have the surgery done with Dr.Jong in Jun. Did he give you info. on the cost of surgery? I read from his website that he won't tell you the cost via emails.

I saw you are researching about other methods too. I just want to say that I tried two methods already, even though they are less invasive, have less down time than partial resection of the gastronemius muscles, but they DO NOT WORK, at least for me, even though their advertising make it seem that they are really effective!

Are you referring to the non-incisional calf reduction with nerve blocking? Because I have seen a lot of big clinics in Seoul (Grand, thelineps and so many more) are advertising that method.. Before and after pictures seem really great too so I would love to hear more about the two methods you've tried!

Btw, can someone confirm if you can exercise such as running (not jogging or running), jumping without no problem after this procedure?

Yes, the other is radio frequency ablation. The samsung aethetics clinics in korea is also doing it. But I did it in Taipei by a reputable doctor who learned the technique from Korea back in 2009. But it really didn't have any effect on me and was pretty expensive too :sad:. As for nerve blocking, I really advice against it, because the result is temporary and overtime your other muscles will become bigger to compensate for the atrophy. My result were temporary (lasted less than half a year, and the calves started getting bigger, almost back to its original size.)This outcome is pretty common.

Thankfully, I didn't have any functional problems with my legs. I can still run and etc.

BTW, are you korean or can you read korean?

So far so good. I had the procedure 3 days ago so can't give you a definite answer. But at the moment I am satisfied with result, my calf is smaller and has a nice shape :smile: and the pain has subsided.

The stretches are so difficult, but slowly i force myself to wear lower and lower heeled shoes to stretch that muscle. It has been 2 weeks exactly and im pushing myself to start working out again by next week. I'll keep you posted. Im expecting at leeeeast a month or 2 before I can fully regain normalcy in my calves. I dance also so to regain strength in my legs is definitely something i cant wait to get back. But so far so good. My only problem is that I keep pushing myself to get back in the norm of things even though I am not fully recovered. By day 11, I went straight back to work and worked a 10 hour shift, standing the entire time. By the time i got home, my feet and ankle were severely swollen. My advice is to take off minimum 2 full weeks off post surgery. 3 weeks if you are lucky enough to have that luxury. No regrets, best decision i ever made for myself. The initial pain after surgery makes you rethink, but tough it out girls...no pain no gain. Personally, I am much happier. Even though people who arent in our shoes wouldnt understand... but i feel so much lighter. Esp since my problem was asymmetry.

thank you guys for you answer,
No I'm not Korean, I wish I was so that I could go to all the clinics that Korean celebrities do :roflmfao:
Thank you yllom for the informations, I have always thought of having surgery, but since I'm the easy-gaining-weight kinda girl, I know that if I wanna look beautiful for the rest of my life, I would have to work out too. Sure big calves are one big complex to me but if I have to sacrifice working out for smaller ones then I would never do it. What's the point of having small calves if I'm fat at other parts right?
Yes please keep us posted! your experience would be the guide for us, those who are still hesitating!

I'm SO happy to have found this forum! I'm currently deciding whether or not to do this procedure with Dr. Park (of OZ Clinic) in the summer.

For those of you who have visited his clinic, how clean and visually appealing was it? I can't seem to find any pictures online.

Thanks!

And I wish everyone who's recently done the surgery a speedy recovery!

Hi,

Do you know if Dr.Park use an endoscope for the surgery? Also, how long did the operation take?

Hi,

OZ clinic is a very modern and clean clinic so you don't have to worry about that. Also it's located in one of Seoul upper neighbor.
I had the surgery done there 5 days ago, I am staying at yound dong hotel. Everything went well. As I wrote in a post earlier, Dr Park is very professional and the two nurses there are well attentioned. You won't feel alone. After the surgery I spent the night at the clinic. They have 2 recovery room. Today is day 6 and I am now doing much better, I do the stretching exercises and rest most of the time. I am pretty happy with the results :smile:

hope that helps, good luck to you.

I found another doctor in korea who does this surgery, Dr.Kim. On Dr.jon's site, it says that he visited and trained with the pioneer of calf reduction surgery Dr.kim, so I think Dr.kim is very reputable and, most importantly to me, does resection of the soleus muscle too. I found that there was a wallstreet journal piece featuring him about this surgery in 2001. So he must have done it since then. Furthermore, I found that he won the prestigious KGMSA award for three consecutive years now.

This is his site: ww w.g o f e e l. c o. k r. I don't know Korean but I did use the translator and found some relevant info about this surgery, and he definitely still does it. But the problem is I emailed them in English and haven't gotten a reply yet.

Can someone who knows Korean contact them, so we might find out more about this doc?

Oh goodie! :biggrin:

I hope you're doing well. Did you travel there by yourself?