BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

ffxlulu said:
Hi, I really want to do the calf surgery. I am from Canada. I wanted to ask if there are any surgeons that would perform this type of surgery in America. I have emailed about this type of surgery to some of the Surgeons from the States. Apparently, they all advise me not to do so because this surgery is very dangerous. I really hope this surgery is a safe procedure. I've heard someone died from this surgery from a forum or something. I really want to know where you guys research about this type of surgery. I can't really find much information on google. Please help me out! thanks!
Someone died?!!
Edited by girliciousgirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone read about the new calf slimming procedures? Called selective high frequency rf technique. I read it on a website (jw website) but they block a nerve and it supposed to reduce about 80% of your calf muscle and there is no down time. Results are shown in 2-3 months.

My only question is... If you don't have use of 80% of your muscle can you still do sports? Like long distance running?

Hi,

I have tried botox a few times on my calves before but i saw no difference. Either not enough botox was injected in cos calves muscles are very huge unlike facial etc n one would require alot of it OR maybe bcos i have lots of fats there besides bulky muscles.

Maybe if its mainly just muscles without the wobbly fats around, then perhaps it might work better??

For me, it didnt work and hence, i have been contemplating calf reduction surgery for a long time but im dreading the post-recovery period cos i need to be on the move for my job plus taking 2 weeks off from work to go for the surgery may be a problem.

Also im still undecided between Dr Jong n Dr Park due to the Removal of part of the Sol muscles (by Dr Jong).

Hi KangEst

If you read some earlier posts, there was a forummer who shared that she had gone for this high ablative frequency calf reduction technique before n i recall she said the results were not good n she does not recommend it.

And she also shared her experiences that she went for calf reduction surgery with Dr Park n she is very happy with it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi ppoi

Sorry for late reply as i havent checked the forum for sometime.

Im from asia too and im interested in this surgery although just like you, im undecided between Dr Jong or Dr Park due to the removal of the sol muscles by Dr Jong. As it is, im already very worried about this surgery n the removal of part of the Sol muscles by Dr Jong makes me more concerned.

Btw when are you thinking of going for the surgery?

Does anyone also have any knowledge about the removal or non-removal of the Sol muscles? Cos understand Dr Park is strictly against removing any part of it while Dr Jong would remove part of it.

I have emailed Dr. Jong before. This is what he said:

1)The surgery will affect your leg function in some ways, such as jumping. You may not jump as high as before-surgery. If you are active in exercise, the leg size will get a little bit thicker than patients who are not active. For example, women who are not active
have size of 32 cm after surgery. The size may be 33 cm in women who are active ( if they have same size of legs before surgery and exercise same size of leg muscles).
2) The shape of legs usually change dramatically after surgery, although I can not know the final size of legs accurately because the factor I mentioned above. I think this is the best way to reduce legs than nerve treatment or total exercise of leg muscles.
3) You can not walk well in first 1-2 weeks after surgery. Pain and swelling is usually noted in first 1-2 weeks then subside. I will give patients mild pain killer after surgery.
4) The cost of muscle treatment is New Taiwan Dollar 130000( around US 4500). It included medication , anesthesia fee and stay in clinic for two nights.

Stay away from all exercise and high heels! ANYTHING that strains your calf muscles will cause the muscle to develop - and your calves to look even bigger.

Simply reduce your protein intake. Cut calories overall, and make sure you're only eating minimal protein. This will quickly cause your body to lose lean muscle mass. It works!!

Happy New Year girls:smile:

Am new to this forum, it's been a tremendous help reading all u girls experiences and advice and follow up of your postop.

I haven't decided on surgery yet just need to do more research.

Has any of you girls have or know anyone who have had calf reduction in the UK for more than five years? Just want to know if muscle bulkiness have return after certain time period. Would be greatful to hear your experiences.