BeautyHacker

Does anyone know which doctors or e-consultation websites offer SIMULATIONS if we send in photos? None of the NYC doctors I've met with so far can offer computer simulations.

Also, has anyone heard of any good NYC doctors who do rib grafting? The ones I've consulted with so far all told me that if I need a lot of height added to the bridge (which I do), rib can't get the job done and only silicone can?.....but this seems to be contrary to some of the accounts I've read here.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on a doctor's forum using 2 ear cartiledges is more painful then using rib..
i dont see how that makes sense.
Can anyone who did rib tell me how painful it is? Or someone who used ear?
Because im guessing the ear is more of a burning sensation then a "PAIN" ful sensation????????

hello princessjenn,
could u please send me pics of the work DR GAO did on your nose.....i have been looking forever for a top oriental surgen....i currently live in the london uk....and its so hard to trust some 1 that can work and know a oriental face....my e-mail is [email protected]
may thanks for any help u can give xx

Hey Simply.Jake thankyou so much for the reply.
I was wondering how much you got your surgery done like the eyes and nose and what eyelid surgery was it? Partical or non incisional? I would have freaked if i had to go myself like what you did ahaha your so brave =] :yahoo:Also when was your surgery done? Like did you consult and then the next day you done the surgery or you just done it on the day because im planning to consult and do the surgery on the same day =] fingers crossed* Thanks for your post!!!

try seeing Dr. Stephen Pearlman in Manhattan. He did a computer simulation and uses natural material...although he suggested donor cartilage for bridge heightening

from what i know, rib is the material you want if you want a lot of augmentation. rib is often used for reconstructing noses. if you do overly aggressive augmentation with silicone you may be more prone to complications like extrusion.

Thanks for the referral. I just did some research on Dr. Pearlman and called his office about a consultation. They charge $250 for initial consultation (45 min), but do conduct the computer simulation during the consultation.......I guess I might have to suck it up and pay that amount just to get a computer simulation (really need to see what I might look like post-op......tried to run some simulations myself on Photoshop and they came out pretty bad lol). What is shocking is their starting rate for primary (1st time/non-revision) rhinoplasty -- the lady I spoke with said that regardless of the material used (even silicone), price starts a $7,500 (and I'm sure it'll be a lot more for rib grafting). That's even higher than Dr. Charles Lee (who uses goretex). I wonder why his rates are so high, considering the other Manhattan surgeons I met with who also have offices on highly desirable streets start at around $4,500. Another concern I have is how experienced this surgeon is in dealing with the Asian nose; seems that all the photos online are of the Caucasian nose and none showing bridge augmentation......the office lady said they have done Asian noses in the past and might have one photo in their book to show, we'll see.

dr. charles lee does not use gortex. he uses I-shaped silicone with ear cartilage graft to the tip. and he costs about the same; my surgery with him was $7900. i don't think you should limit yourself to geography in finding a surgeon. of course, there could be great surgeons in NY, but location shouldn't be one of the first things you look for in my opinion. you might be find a surgeon elsewhere who does a better job and charges less, and the lower fees can go into the traveling costs.

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH ACCUTANE AND SURGERY!!!

i have read that it messes up skin healing where you could scar badly. also, i read that it could cause abnormal healing if you get bone work or implants.

make sure you do your research on this.

for all those who have had nose tip work, can you tell me:

1. what type of cartilage was used to support your nose tip?
2. did you have an open or closed rhino?

thanks!

p.s. some help jake pls cuz i wanna see his pics!:pout:

I met with 4 of the top surgeons in Manhattan a couple years ago trying to find the right rhino surgeon. I spent over $1000 on consultation fees. They all charge at least $200 for a consultation.
I get the feeling that surgeons that are not accustomed to performing asian cosmetic surgery procedures are more likely to give you a very subtle and unnoticeble change from your original nose. 3 of the 4 the New York surgeons only recommended osteotomy (to narrow) and did not consider alar reduction or bridge height in between the eyes. Pearlman seemed to have a better understanding but still did not think I needed the augmentation in between the eyes.
When I went to Charles Lee, I let him examine me and he told me what he thought....exactly what I wanted. So I decided to go with him since I didn't even have to explain to him what I wanted...he just has a perfect understanding of what Asians want when it comes to rhino work.

All the NY surgeons cost over $10,000. Pearlman may have been the cheapest since his was $8000 but that wasn't including anesthesia and hospital fees ($2000). A well-known surgeon in Rhode Island, Sullivan, charged over $12,000...so when Dr. Lee quoted $7,900 including anesthesia and 4 nights at the apartment, I thought "wow, what a great deal!"

...and Dr. Lee did an awesome job on my nose!
Alar reduction, osteotomy, bridge heightening with silastic implant, tip projection with ear cartilage graft...I love how my nose looks.

hi mkryu
can you post of email me b&a? i am particularly interested in the alar reduction. if you dont want to post my email is [email protected]. thx!