BeautyHacker

Hi all!!

im planning a trip up to see Dr Jung from Shimmian clinic (seoul) in about 2 months time, but i cant seem to find the website for Shimmian's clinic anywhere! i can only find the link for the clinic based in manila

It would be GREAT if someone could paste me the link for their seoul based website, and Dr Jung's contact info like his email so i can consult with him. also, any tips on a good n cheap place to stay while im there?

xoxo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am thinking about an alar reduction. my nose is 4.5cm wide at the widest part of the nostrils. my eyes are 3.5cm apart at their closest points.

how much should i reduce my alars by?

anyone who has had it can you tell me how much you got your reduced by and what your measurements are now and if you are happy with the results?

thx!

hello john1, recently you told me that accutane should be avoided when one is contemplating rhinoplasty..
I have searched the internet and they reflect the same results too.
However, when I asked my plastic surgeon and my dermatologist, they told me it is actually not a problem since i am on a low does of 20mg per day...
WHAT SHOULD I DO??

yes i met with some very prominent surgeons and they told me it would not be a problem either which was opposite what the internet said. but i had the option of waiting 6 months so just to be safe i waited. i think its a personal decision. i could not find any conclusive studies on eye or rhino and accutane but its just what some docs say to do to be safe. but i believe the docs who say it wont be a problem either but i dont think they are speaking from experience either. so its just a chance you take. i guess i would just wait as long as your schedule allows you to wait. if you can wait 6 months then at least you can say you did what the manufacturer said to do. if not, then you know you may be increasing the risk.

just so you, i got really really really bad sunburn 3 months after accutane and i noticed that the skin on my face got literally crispy and it scarred badly (dark splotches). the sunburn was like getting a laser peel i guess which docs say you definitely should not do after accutane. but the scars faded after about a month. so if thats as bad as the side effects get then it isnt so bad.

good luck whatever you decide!

thanks john1..! May I know who are the prominent surgeons whom you have consulted that actually gave the green light regarding accutane? Where are u from? And what dosage of accutane are/ were you on? (sorry for the flood of questions!)

Think I'd double check with my surgeon again and I might wait a few more months.. not sure yet.. but according to the surgeon's nurse whom I am close to.. she actually told me that there are patients who are on LOW dosage of accutane getting rhinoplasty and they recover just fine.. maybe it's the dosage..

it just worries me to see so many different views regarding the risk involved (or if there is any, pertaining to rhinoplasty). Some say one must wait for 1 to 3 years (that's freaking long!) before surgery while some say that there is absolutely no link. My surgeon told me that so long as one does not do laser resurfacing/ dermabrasion.. it'd be fine.. I am super confused!

For alar base reduction, I have actually done it before. Just alar base reduction alone. (I am getting tip work on my nose next and that's all!) I did it last year, during May and I would consider it a success as the results were really natural and subtle.. no one knew i had something done.. they just thot i look like i lost weight? The surgery for alar base reduction alone only took 15 mins.. like a mole removal.. haha. I did not do tip work then as i thot they are different surgeries that involve different incision.. wanted to see if i'd be contented with just alar base reduction alone first.. haha

I think it's not so much about measuring how many mms was cut off but whether the reduced alar width still has the natural flare to it. (refer to the website url that i have shown u earlier on).. and whether the reduced alar fits your face.
The most unnatural result would be resultant nostrils that is triangular in shape... (the cut-off look), the nostril rim should still be intact.. with the natural curve..., if you can visualize what i am saying.

Maybe you can request for a digital imaging from your surgeon to see how you would look like from the amount he's going to trim off, for the amount of mm he's going to remove? Also ask about what technique of alar base reduction is he going to use... <- super important!

Looking forward to your reply... All the best!

thanks for the link. it was very helpful. the problem with digital imaging is i get the sense its not very precise. they can adjust the image but i dont think they know how much that translates into in terms of mms.

the technique he is planning on using i think is the weir. he didnt say it by name but he said he was going to take a wedge out at the corner which is what i think weir is. what technique did you go thru and how was your result?

also, how long was your healing time from the alar? when did you get stitches out? did it leave a visible scar? i assume you can always get more alar reduced if you need later?

as for accutane, if all you are doing is tip work then i think the risks are a lot lower, especially if it is closed. the main thing i was worried about was a keloid or hypertrophic scar. i was getting an epi which has a risk of keloid scarring normally notwithstanding accutane. if your tip work is closed then that should not be an issue since the incision is internal. if it is open then the scar, if any, would be under your nose. and a lot depends on your skin type too. so if you can get a closed surgery then seems like that should be a lot safer

if you give me your email i will be happy to tell you the surgeons.

Well, I am quite conservative and do not really like Korean style rhino. I didn't expect the nosejob to turn out that way. A few friends and relatives share the same opinion as me. They say that my bridge was high enough prior to the rhino.

Well, as the Gore-tex implant extends from the bridge to the tip, I have a bloody hard nosetip (and I am talking about 11 months post-op). I can move the tip from right to left and conversely, but I can not push it down or up. I also feel some tension in the left nostril when smiling and the left nostril is sensibly smaller than the right one (probably because of the asymmetry).

Just mention clearly that you want to keep the hump at all cost.

hi john1 and rememberme123..
i have a question for you guys.. im also on accutane. on my third month and 60 mg. but i really want to get revision rhinoplasty next month since it is my last chance before next summer..

remember123.. are you going to go ahead with the surgery and is 60 mg too high of dose to go through with the surgery?

i cant stand my nose job, it is too high and fake looking!.. i want to make it more natural by replacing it with lower implant.

please let me know what you guys think.. thank you thank you very much!