BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I got alar plasty, indeed. If you look at my before pics, u'll notice that I had quite big nostrils. However, I believe the surgeon removed too much, but then again, maybe it has something to do with the aggressive heightening of the bridge. I can not pick my nose that easily anymore (might sound gross for some of us here, so I apologize in advance for mentionning this).

hey fellow alarplasty-ites. im about 10d post and theres a very visible scar on the inside of the alars. and it seems like its unleveled. how much better do these scars heal?

i had alarplasty and at first the scars on the creases of my nose were pretty noticeable. they were slightly raised and the stitches left a holey apperance. i used scar gel religiously and over time it does fade. i'm about 9 months since the surgery and the scars are not very noticeable now... but then again, my skin isnt totally smooth around the nose/cheeks area so the scars get kind of disguised. if i had totally smooth and clear skin the scars might stand out a little more.

everybody chk out this website for seoul PS-www.seoulmedicaltour.com/. it has pics before and after of different surgery along with the info about the procedures, price, and which clinic perform it. this is very helpful for your research on your surgery. good luck!

This is dr. Chang's 2nd reply (very honest, which I do appreciate):

This is the image simulation for your referrence. Although I can do the operation, I worried about that you have unrealistic perfect expectation. On the other hand your nose shape and contour are so unatural and the problems are multiple and complicated. This is the reason I am hesitated to do operation for you.

Here's dr. Jung's reply:

Maybe I can correct what you want because I have many experience about asians nose.
I think a little curvier nose is more natural.
If you decide the operation, when you come here we will have more detail consultation.
Also even though ther is no information about your 1st operation, I can correct it.

And dr. Chuang's:

First of all I've to say sorry for my slow response but hope my answers won't come too late.

I've seen your before and after pics. Please read the followings for my quick answers:
1. Bridge revision: I can remove those Goretex smoothly without any damage of soft tissue. We can also modify the new Goretex to more wider but less high to fit your need. However it is very difficult to create the dorsal hump again because the doctor had burred the bone in the previous procedure.
No worry about crooked implant, we will fix it.
2. Tip revision: You received your own septal cartilage for tip graft right? If so we can also modify the current cartilage graft to make the nose more rounder.
3. Alarplasty: Once the alar skin had been excised we have no chance to get it back. All I can do is to make both nostrils look even.

We will charge TWD80000 for your revision case. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me again.

Hi Forum

I am new here. I want to have rhinoplasty to improve my nose shape. I am Vietnamese and have a flat(ish), short nose, with prominant nostrils. It looks ok on profile, but face forward it does nothing for my face. I live in the UK, but my sister lives in Korea so was thinking of visiting her in december and getting it done. The thing is I can only take 1.5 week off for university as its my final year, so I hope that is enough time for the stitches and cast to be removed. Also I don't want to go back to university with a noticable difference...how long will the healing take place.

Does any one know of a good surgeon, have pics of rhinoplasty for a similar situation to myself. I have heard of having implants to increase the height of the bridge of the nose, however I am not keen on having something 'foreign' in my nose.

Any help will be appreciated...
Thanks

theres a huge amount of info out there. reading thru the pages of this thread taught me A LOT. its a good place to start. theres tons of b&a pics and adverts if you google asian nose job or asian rhinoplasty.

in terms of healing, i have healed pretty fast. about 10 days and 90% of my swelling is gone. but i think i am healing 3x faster than most. i can tell my healing routine if you pm me. it may be the routine or just genetics.

i had a bridge implant and alarplasty. the splint comes off within 5 days but you will still be super swollen. i mean super swollen. super swollen. unless you are a super fast healer, theres going to be no avoiding people noticing. but by day 10 you will probably look pretty good.

but keep in mind people will notice because you will look different. but it can make a real positive difference and for me its worth a few days/weeks of people noticing. you cant be a hermit. and if its your friends who cares. and if its strangers, who cares because they probably dont care and wont remember.

if you need bridge work, go for it. makes a huge difference. i did silicone which seems to work well for asians and the healing is much faster that using your own tissue. the bridge can take a long time to go down and you WILL be worrying about it for a few weeks. i am telling you from experience so prepare yourself for the stress. but it will go down. just be specific with your surgeon how many mm's implant you are getting.

alarplasty makes a big difference too. but there will be a scar that will be quite visible for a while. but its worth it.

i cant emphasize enough how important the psychological aspect of post-ps is. when you look in the mirror you will look like a freak and a different person cuz u r all swollen. you will want to look at the negative side of things and stress yourself. just have to be relaxed and let your body take its time to heal and trust your doctor.

trusting your doctor is huge in not being stressed. i had faith in my doc and his reputation which helped me not to worry too much about what i looked like.

sorry for the ramble hope this helps and good luck!

Heya John1.. good that you are healing well and liking your nose :biggrin:
Do you mind posting before and after photos of your recovery phase?? can box out the eyes... etc..