BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh hey

sorry iv been a bit slow to respond. uni started up this week and im busy doing that and catching up with ppl i havent seen in a while.

since u were interested in dr park..have you first of all checked out my post written 1-2 days after i had a real life consultation at the clinic. its about 10-15 pages ago now i think. that was when things are fresh on my mind. since that time i havent done much further research into clinics or the surgery itself, apart from seeing the youtube asian rhinoplasty video posted by maskd2003.

basically what i recall now is that i found dr park to be an good surgeon, he seemed experienced, spoke decent english, showed good results (from the b4 and after photos) and had a reasonable price. However, the fact was the clinic's operating room (i dont think i can call it a theatre from the look of it) and recovery room were in a word shabby.

moreover, i didnt like other things about him..his fingers smelt extremely strongly of nicotine. i used to date a heavy smoker but in comparison to her, dr park's fingers were a lot more acrid smelling. hygeine anyone? ok its a superficial thing but nonetheless i didnt like it.
Also, his qualifications were ok but not spectacular. i would say you can find better drs out there. like dr kim from BK, dr park from Dream, even the dr from clinic9 (¼x¿ï¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú¿¡ ¿À½Å °ÍÀ» ȯ¿µÇÕ´Ï´Ù~) seemed to be more qualified. Im discriminating on the basis of education.

Furthermore, his reputation is not particularly significant or established i believe. the fact of the matter is..ppl keep coming across it as his clinic is one of the few that comes up with a google search and we all know google is better for english websites than it is for korean ones. just like china has its baidu search engine, so does korea..tho i cant recall the name of it.

Lastly, dr park seemed to have so much free time! i went in rather late in the day but there was apart from me only one other person (with her mum). however the small no of couches in the room indicated that maybe it wasnt as heavily patronised as some of the other clinics. a sign that maybe he wasnt as popular with the locals and thus of a lesser reputation.
during hsi free time he seemed to go on the internet. maybe he was reading medical journals, maybe answering questions on the online consultation bit but honestly i dont know.

take everything i said with a pinch of salt however as it is only my opinion.

so far my main concern has been finding an english speaking doctor with an established good reputation for b4/after care and excellent natural looking rseults. dr park from dream fit the mould..though he seemed overly busy which could detract from his overall performance (which i couldnt see as i was not privy to b4 and after photos :shrugs: ).
i believe dr kim from bk could be even better though as said b4 on this forum (and singapore expats) he has a few horror stories and not the greatest post op care.
for those who might want to look at others. you might consider clinic9, cinderella, njelim or AT aesthetic. those are the ones that come up as being locally and internationally renowned.

btw i still intend to go ahead with doing it in korea at the end of the yr due to the fact that my accomodation/food/travel expenses will be taken care of.

others among you should take a look locally and in taiwan/china if you speak chinese, or japan if u want an alternative (i believe japan is very similar to korea tho).

which country do u live in if u dont mind me asking?

Hey Jas3n,
How did u arrange the consultations with the surgeons? Did u just pop in to their clinics or did u call them first? If u just turn up at the clinic, do u know if they wd be able to see u on the same day? Cause like with most of us, time is of the essence when we're there. Remember I said i emailed Dr Park fm Dream Clinic some time ago? Well, he never replied, nor did his colleagues cause I emailed YE medical too! I wish they wd at least just drop me a short email cause now, the only way I can contact them is by phone, and I have this feeling the person who picks up the phone may not even speak english!! Does anyone have a different email address for Dream Clinic which is not stated on their website? Thanks!

Hi ladies,

Does anyone know how to access the bk clinic before/after pics? I know you have to login and what not but I don't have a korean residence. Does anyone mind posting some before/afters if they can access it? Thanks and gluck~

Just wanted everyone to know: the average cost of a nose job from a good surgeon in Taiwan is 1000 US-2000 US. The more issues you have with your nose, the more it is. They also have a PS street. Wishclinic is a bit more expensive like 2500 for implant. We are going in the beginning of May... anyone wanting to join us, send a message to one of us VERY SOON.

I'm going to get eyelash implant (4-5 day heal to look completely normal)... 900 US, nose tip refining 900 US (2-3 week heal, but look like normal person sometimes after only 1 day, just have a bigger looking nose) , and botox (no heal time) 425 US..

hey mask2003 good luck! you girls will be the first lot to actually have it done - I hope all goes well for you! Have you decided which surgeon to go with or are you just going to look around when you get to taiwan?

hey keropi
with all the clinics i went in personally and tried to get an appointment on the day. for ozclinic, VIP and dr jung i simply turned up on without any appointment and had to wait about 15 mins.
dream and clinic 9 required an appointment, which i was able to make for the next day.

i think dreamclinic doesnt have any english speaking receptionists :sad:
most of receptionists cant speak english at other clinics too. normally its just the dr and the 'counselor' who speaks decent-good english.
i think unless they have an online consultation thing like dr jung or bK you wont get a response to your emails.

Hey Jas3n,
So wat was wrong with Jelim clinic? U said the b4 and after pics were great so was it the surgeons u didnt like? Did they not seem professional? Do they use goretex and closed method? Please forgive me for always being the one to ask u so many questions, it;s just that ur the only one person I know who has been to all these clinics and would be the best person to ask. Thanks again!

Mask2003 and girlies, hope everything goes well in Taiwan! Only three months to go! U all must be really excited! :yahoo: BTW, I thought if u want to get a nose job, u need to give surgeons like a fw wks notice....Was the PS fm Wishclinic ok with the fact that u will only decide whether or not to get ur nose done there one or two days b4 ur ideal surgery day?

I would be more inclined to do it in the US, it might be safer. The nose is the most prominent facial feature that if something looks off with the face, that's usually it. So if you want one, I say go for it! Just pick your dr. carefully. best of luck!