BeautyHacker

Hey Nala52 and PerezHilton

I'm new to this forum and read posts where you guys are going to TW in mid-May? I am going to be going there and am thinking about getting double-eyelid surgery (i'm a guy).

I'm Chinese (Taiwanese), can't read/write Chinese but can speak it pretty well. If possible, i think it'd be great if we'd all go together or something and split costs if it's not too weird for u to live with guy with a couple days.

anyway, please let me know! I am pretty serious about it and just don't want to go alone. I am currently in LA.

Also, do any of u guys interested in going to TW in May have AIM? or MSN? I don't think i have PM yet. Also, i think i'm gonna go with Dr. Chuang. Just emailed him about costs.

Thankkks

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Welcome! I'm definitely going in mid-may and thinking about staying until the end of may/early June. My fiance is coming with me, so I don't think that sharing a room is going to be a viable option for me. However, we can still coordinate to meet and hang out while we're in Taiwan.. and we can help to take care of each other if we stay at the same hotel.

You can email me at : [email protected]

If anyone else is interested in going around the same time, please email me.. and maybe we can figure something out together!

Thank you!

I'm wondering about the same thing!!! I sneeze and blow my nose constantly, so it might be a problem if I am not allowed to do that sometime after a nose job.

Oh..I need to get back to work, I am procrastinating way too much!!

I wanted to share another resource with y'all-

www.fashionguide.com.tw

It is a wonderful forum with a ton of information on Taiwanese docs. It's wonderful if you read Chinese (traditional). They are comments from local Taiwanese people about their experiences with different docs.

You can just put "双眼皮" (double eyelid) or "聋鼻“ (nose job surgery) into the search engine, and you can find out all kinds of information.

So far, I noticed that a lot of ppl on that forum love Dr. Tseng's work.

Lol this is funny.. my intention was to improve my looks a little bit. Now everyone thinks i'm spanish, it's crazy.

Anyway dr chuang will show u with that instrument however mines is lower now than the one he showed so i will go back for a revision. Remember if he's showing u with whatever and u like it, add a couple of extra mm's to make sure it will look like that after you're done

Whoa. Spanish! That sounds pretty cool! Do you have that "mixed" look now? Is it your eyes or your nose that's contributing to this new found "ethnicity"? hehehe..

I know this isn't exactly surgery, but has anyone had eyebrow tattooing/embroidery done or know of someone who has? What does the process involve? Is it painful? Do they give you local anaesthesia when they do it?
Also, how natural does it look? Because I'm considering having it done, but I'm worried it will look weird and fake. I've also heard that some swelling will occur from the procedure. Does anyone know how much your face actually swells and how long it lasts for?
Are there any places you would recommend to have it done at?
Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Hey! I know a few people that have had those procedures done.

Tatto and embroidery are different procedures. Tattoo is "permanent", but it still requires maintenance every few years. It fades easily and when it does fade, it looks incredibly fake and unnatural. However, tattooed eyebrows don't look too bad in the first couple of years.

Embroidery is not permanent, and it requires maintenance every 2 years (at most!). It loks WAY more natural than tattoos.. because it just looks like a good makeup artist used an eyebrow pencil and drew it on. Most of my mom's friends use the embroidery.

I was looking at Dr. Tseng's "Aphrodite Clinic" in Taiwan, and he has a pretty good explanation of both of these procedures, if you can read Chinese, that is. http://www.aphrodite.com.tw/item_.php?type=col5&pid=5_2

Good luck!!!

polar01,

Just get it done in the US. It will turn out just the same as long as you go to an experienced doctor. It's not like a nose job. Honestly. On the Soompi forum there is a double eyelid thread that is LONG. People go to all places around the world, and the results so far have all been good. It's not nearly as challenging as the nose.

Also, a lot of guys look better with single rather than double in my opinion. If you've got a fatty lid, it usually looks better if you get it operated... otherwise a double eyelid can make you look a little more feminine.

i used to pencil in my eyebrows everyday but i had semi-permanent make-up done on my eyebrows about 6 years ago and they havent faded much at all. i had a medium brown colour because i think it looks less harsh than black which my mum and her friends have!
i remember the beautician put cream on to numb the eyebrow area and coloured in the area that she was going to tattoo. it was more painful than the tattoo i had on my shoulder but bearable. i went back the next week for another layer of colour and that was it really. im from the UK and it cost me £200 which aint bad for 'semi-permanent' seeing as though they've lasted until now. oh, afterwards they do look a little bright in colour but as the scabs come off its fine and natural looking. Just make sure what eyebrow shape u want! hope that helps xx

Hi Keennose, is yr friend still heading to Taipei for rhino in March 08. I'm planning to go to Dr Chuang/wish Clinc for rhino. Can we get in touch? My email is [email protected]

Hi guys! I have posted earlier on regarding my current PS plan with Dr. Chuang. I just did a rhino, buccal fat removal and lipodissolve for my cheeks. Its swelling massively and my eyes are even filled with blue-blackish bruises. Its the 3rd day now and the swelling is not going down :crybaby:, yet I've taken Sineech prior the operation. Dr. Chuang says Sineech only gives minimal effect though. I have thought that legend have arnica montana as a natural healing catalyst.

Anyhow, I'm keeping a positive attitude here, hoping the swell will go down in a week or so. I've read that lipodissolve does swelling for around a week.

During the operation, I did felt some discomfort and thus voiced out for more anesthesia but only after much groaning that Dr. Chuang offered more. My pain threshold is rather low and that probably explains why I was in tears. Does anyone felt this way (that the anesthesia dosage was too little)?

Hey, don't be too depressed, swelling is normal esp when you had any fat removal from your cheeks. When I had facial lipo I was SUPER swollen for first 2 months and kinda went back to normal on the 3rd month (normal as normal not slimmer to my annoyance!!) But I only had normal facial lipo.. you had both lipodissolve AND buccal fat removal so hopefully it will give you more result!

It is depressing, but its normal to look like a pufferfish for a little while!