BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new and I have been reading this board for awhile. I just got a my nose done, implant and cartilage from my ear put in the tip. My nose is still swollen, besides the slight different on the bridge, my tip doesn't look much different, it looks alittle higher but not as refined as I thought it would be, it still looks like a button nose. I know its still swollen but if you've had the same procedure were you able to notice a difference in a few weeks or a few months? Any one had this same experience, can you do anything to make the swelling go down faster?

Everything sounds normal. The swelling from the implant will go down in about 4-6 weeks. The tip will take longer but you should start noticing better definition starting at 2 months up to 6 months. The first 2 weeks are the hardest since you will look like a cat. The cat look should go away sometime before then.

I believe that if you didnt do Alar, your nostrils would still be flare and it will not look refined.

From Dr. Charles Lee's website
(http://www.asiancosmeticsurgery.com/html/rhinoplasty.asp#r_02):

"The need for nostril narrowing varies depending on the country of origin. Contrary to popular opinion, nostril narrowing is not generally required for patients whose ancestry traces to Northern Asia – perhaps 15% need narrowing. The need for narrowing is more common in Southern Asians. Narrowing should only be performed when necessary in order to avoid unnecessary scars. Some narrowing effect is seen with tip projection alone. When narrowing is performed, the outside curvature of the nostrils must be maintained in order to avoid a “pasted-on” appearance."

Did your tip change and become more defined now that it is almost a year ago? Could you post pictures of your nose now since it has been a year. I just got my nose done and its still very round, the staff said it would change but I'm a visual person so I would like to see how much of a change it can be. Thanks!

which doctor did you go to?

thanks thoang86....does it take long to get a Visa? I am planning to travel around late October....I am glad that I found the info before booking my plane ticket :P

Dr. Jung's website is http://korea.nose.co.kr/english/main/main.asp

Does anyone know if he's located in Seoul? I can't tell from his address :sad::sad:.....I am trying to do some research about the city where his office is at, so I will know what to expect. Traveling to a country that you're not familiar with is tough :confused1::confused1:

Hi mkryu......I will have my nose surgery around late October....I know that I have to be on a special diet after the surgery, but I am not sure about the pre-op care.....Is it OK for me have a normal diet before the surgery? I don't smoke, drink or things like that......Or, do I have stay away from beef, shirmp, etc. 2 weeks before the operation? I am hoping it will be "RIGHT" this time....I am so disappointed with my current nose....and worried a lot about this surgery :sad:

Just wanted to share this news with you guys....after contacting the Korea Embassy, I was told that no visa is needed if you hold a US passort and will stay in Korea for a week or 2.....less "work" for me...yee!

I went to Dr. Lee in Beverly Hills. Everthing is pretty good, just a little freaked out because my nose is swollen and it doesn't look like how I wanted it to. I wanted a taller bridge and more definition in the tip of my nose. But that seems to be the normal cycle of things from what I hear. Its only been a week so its just a waiting game right now.

I started taking presurgery vitamins 2 weeks before the surgery. I ordered this kit:
http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=13517&procid=44&catid=634

I didn't change my diet before but had to eat a liquid diet for a couple days after since I could barely chew from the chin implant. I bought some protein powder from Whole Foods and used it as replacement meals. You should keep your caloric intake at about 1800/day or above depending on your weight. You should try a google search to find the best diet for post-surgery.
I don't know if eating beef or shrimp is bad. It may just be an old wives tale. They say to stay away from eggs too but the truth is, eggs contain Vitamin K which helps promote healing. I think that eating too much protein can lead to excess scar tissue formation. But if you just eat a normal and healthy diet, you should be fine.

You must be exited. Have you had previous Rhinoplasty? What are you having done to your nose?