BeautyHacker

I use BP on my nose and I haven't had problems that I can notice. I even use a needle to pop white heads haha yes yes it's gross....

As for your question about doing activities with a silicone nose. I still play sports with it, but if somethign hits your nose then you'll be in major pain. There's always a chance of the implant shifting. Scubba diving might be OK, but the goggle pushes against your nose to seal it, I don't know if that'll be comfortable, I've never tried it.

I think a ball shouldn't break a natural nose...But it could shift a silicone implant. I dont know maybe it's just my implant. I know I wanted to take it out like two years ago, but I was indecisive so it's still there now...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your advice aussie nose. If I could find someone to go with I would jump at the chance. but i have a while to plan it anyway.

I am wanting to go to Dr Kao for nose, who I know speaks english and Dr Jong for eyelashes who Ive asked if he speaks english and says he does but ive heard he doesnt speak it very well from other members.....mmmmmm

x

Yes. it should be fine. I continued with my regular acne skin care on my nose after the splint came off. I use Retin-A along with the whole Obagi line. I started using Obagi in September because I kept getting all these blackheads on my nose that I just couldn't stop picking at...they're like those plastic packing air bubbles that you can't help but pop. My nose was getting red marks from the squeezing so I needed to find a gentler way to get rid of my blackheads. I never squeezed hard because I was afraid that it would disturb the graft on my tip.

Have you been using warm/heated compresses on your nose? It may help speed up the healing.
I tried to do it as often as possible, 15 minutes at a time. It'll stimulate blood flow to the area thus speeding up recovery.

The weird thing is that it didnt even seem swollen when i touched it it didn't feel puffy or anything like that.. It felt like i was touching my bone, but after a month or a month and a half it went down enough where I wasn't worried that it would stay like that permanently. Another thing that I was worried about is that it seemed like my nose was too straight like it didn't curve like a normal nose, it kind of looked like your picture you posted like a greek looking nose. That was another aspect that improved. Also, my nose stopped looking crooked. It also looked crooked up until now, except my nose was really crooked around the same time. Shadows really play a big role in making your nose look crooked. the best thing I found was to use a light directly above your head, not at a angle if you want to see if your nose is crooked or not.

Yup it's ok. My dermatologist told me to stop using Retin A two nights before surgery...Then just wait until the scars are clearing up (if you had open rhino) before you re-start again. I think i waited about three or four weeks, from memory?

Hi Everyone!!

I am new to this forum, and just recently got my nose done, infact I am 2weeks post op!! I got a silicone implant for my bridge and an open tip rhinoplasty!! I am not asian, but had the same issue that I see most of you had on here before getting your surgery. I am just wondering is it normal to feel low and depressed after sugery and wether any of you experienced this and what did you do to get rid of those feelings?

Sorry I am so nervous posting on here, as I have been trying to read through everyones comments, and it's really hard to lol...but yeah just wondering how everyone is feeling!! Finally there are some people that understand what I am going through!!:smile::smile::smile:

i'm 3 weeks post op and feeling somewhat depressed at times. i'm trying to stay optimistic and patient, and this forum has definitely helped. people who have gone through similar surgeries reassured me that it's normal to still look like crap at week 3 and that i should see some improvements in the following weeks. i try to keep myself busy in the meantime. i wear a hat when i go out to feel less self conscious. you should check out the forum on www.makemeheal.com. there are a lot of people on there going through the same thing.

I was almost suicidal post op.
It didn't help that the surgeon was a jerk. I asked him what he did on me after the surgery and he told me that he didn't give surgery lessons to his patients.
I kept asking and he finally told me a few days ago, but I think because other medical students were watching, he said "but I told you already!" in a really rude voice. He didn't, first of all, and even if he did, so what? It's his job to be attentive to his patients.
Some surgeons/doctors have no social skills. It's really quite sad.

gah, hearing about your doctor makes me so angry :cursing: why was he so adamant about not telling you what he did, did he have something to hide? i hope you remain persistent in spite of his crappy attitude because as a patient, you are supposed to be given attention and care. it's not like he operated on you for free. even if he did, it's still not ok for him to be such a jerk.

asin did you ever find out if doctor charles used an L shape implant?

if it helps to make you feel better you can go to youtube.
theres like 10 videos about doctor charles lee.
one of the video he showes all the implants he likes to use

i have a curious question, getting a silicon for the bridge and ear cartilage for the tip is considered open rhinoplasty right?

do you guys know wether if i take antibotics a couple days before surgery will affect anything?

my last question is i have a bladder infection i have to take care of before surgery. do you guys know if bladder infection will affect anything? i read on doctor charles lee's website that you must not have a urinary tract infection at the time of surgery. is bladder infection even consider as a urinary tract infection?