BeautyHacker

thanks jas3n,

Yea, i have to go through pretty much the same thing every night. Having to wake up every few hours to drink water makes me very tired during the day. I can't wait to be able to breath well soon!! my surgery is in 4 days!! i am so nervous but i can't wait!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to know you are happy with the doctor and the results. did you find him through friends and referrals? when i was looking for a surgeon in the US i felt like my choices were limited to dr. lee in beverly hills or dr. lam in houston. i couldn't find much about other surgeons who specialize on asian noses in the US. i guess they are the two who do the most aggressive advertising on the net.

how much did you pay for your surgery if you dont mind me asking? was it an open or closed rhino?

i can feel the ear cartilage around my nose tip. i believe it is the "columnella strut." mine felt really hard and pointy at first, so much that i was scared it would extrude. my doctor said that it will soften over time, and it has. i've never felt anything poking INSIDE my nose though. however, the inside of my nose was uncomfortable at first due to the incision and stitches.

it was only 3900! i used my college money that i got tops ! haha

but i did research on dr. lam and charles. they Adverise all over the web. i looked at doctor lams pictures and i could tell that he barley rise the tip with the ear cartilage..(almost seem like he doesnt know how) .. the tip on his patients seem to stay the same. only difference is the bridge is raised alittle.

. doctor charles lee seems like he does an awersome job but on some of his patients he would rise there nose too high which is a higher chance of intrusion.

but i talked to doctor phi and he said that u can always take out the ear cartilage and implant if theres an infection.. AND he doesnt charge extra if u dont like the results or get an infection! only 500 for the surgery free which is like the sleeping medication and stuff.

anyways , when i take off the tape ill show u guys the pictures!!

wow $3900, that's like half of what i paid and you got the same thing done!

i don't think the ear cartilage graft can get infected because it's not foreign. it may have a super low infection rate.

look forward to seeing the pictures.

That is such a zzz job
The dorsum is way too thick for the girl's face - there's nobody with a bridge that has the width even from the top to the bottom. The alars are still so fat and the tip looks odd from certain angles. The angle of the nose is also totally off and doesn't look good on her face. I think her before nose looks even better. Sigh

Its sad to see that people are getting butchered for exhorbitant prices.

Hi Jas3n

How's your nose? Hope all is good!

Can you pls help me out here - I saw you have went to either Dr Park from AT Asthetic or Dr Shin from SS Beauty. I wasn't able to find info about them online - who did you finally settle with? And is there a website or email so I can make my arrangement to see them? I am planning a trip to Soeul for revisional eyelids and revisional rhino. Any experience you can share is much appreciated

Betty

Does anyone have any information on Dr. Kun Kim of Atlanta, Georgia? Is there anyone here interested in going to him or has gone to him? Please let me know! I haven't heard about any dr's in Hong Kong either...what are all of your ideas?

Thank you in advance ;)

http://www.kimfacialsurgery.com/bna3.html

Personally, I don't care for his nose work on his Asian patients. The noses don't match the rest of the face.
http://www.kimfacialsurgery.com/rhino2.html
Her tip looks like it has wings.

He also refers to Asian eyelid surgery as Westernization surgery.

But the thing is, I hardly got swollen at all... Only my eyes were a bit swollen and it doesn't seem like my nose tip has gone down at all ever since :sad::sad::sad:. Yep I got gortex bridge and ear cartilage tip and base reduction. Thanks very much though :sad:.

I have that too! At first (month ago), I thought it was an infection and got worried (because someone else had and infection and took a picture of it, it was a bump inside her nose) but I still have it, it had a tip like a pimple does, but now it's just a small bump....
Sorry I don't know what it is :/

Mmmagie, maybe it's a scar we got from the surgery/stitches?
I will wait until after the holidays to see another Ear Nose Throat doctor about it. I've had it for a while now. It never occurred to be that it was an infection, cuz I went to the doc several times post op (even 1 month post op) and he checked me and I didn't have any infection and he said I was healing well.
I hope the bump inside doesn't get bigger. I really don't want another operation.

Pursebao:

Make sure your surgeon also reduces your turbinates. If my first ENT would have done that in addition to my nasal valve plasty and septoplasty, I would not have needed to go to another surgeon and I would never have dabbled in rhinoplasty.

thanks crazy girl,
do you think dr charles lee can do that?

I'm from the East Coast too. I stayed in one of their apartments for 5 days and flew back home. I decided to go to Dr Charles Lee because of his experience in Asian cosmetic surgery. I had consulted with a few of the top surgeons in New York but I got the feeling that they quite didn't understand what I wanted. When I met with Dr Lee, he know exactly what I wanted without me having to tell him.

Make sure the doctor you decide on understands what you want. You also need to feel 100% comfortable with him/her.