BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdid,

How is your eyebrow doing? I emailed Dr Jong and he said that I can also consider eyebrow embroidery. Hmmm

I looked closely at my brows today, realised they are quite think.. not much balding/ bald spots. Abit too bushy.. just that the ends are way too short.. and the area in between the eye is probably too close to be ideal.

Ideally the brows should start from where our nose ends... like if you draw a straight line from the nose to the top. (gosh.. if that makes sense)

MY GOODNESS!!! He is such a bastard!!!!
Man......I've never met someone like him before, and just hearing how he said it.. disgusts me.

I can totally imagine him sitting in his living room, on his sofa, with beer and chips..... with no friends and wife of course.... Totally insensitive and such a jerk!!!:cursing:

Wow.. is there anything else she said? It'd be great to know!!! :tup:

Hi all,

Couldn't really understand you there about the ideal eyebrows... I had trouble forming a mental image of that. Also, if the area between your eyebrows are too close to be ideal, you could just pluck them to make them farther apart couldn't you?

My eyebrows are fine right now... they should be starting to regrow really soon. The ones that didn't fall out yet are growing quite long in comparison to my normal eyebrows. I have to trim them soon. I will have those pictures up as soon as the eyebrows grow back and the final results can be seen. Also, though the eyebrow implants are supposed to look different than normal eyebrows from the top, people I asked honestly couldn't tell the difference, other than the fact that my eyebrow implants are longer than my normal eyebrows because I didn't trim them.

Regarding bone shaving, she just said it was actually not that complicated of a procedure, and many doctors have a lot of experience with it. If you are interested, I could ask her again to ask her dad who the more famous or best surgeons at bone shaving are in Taiwan. Her dad, the plastic surgeon, is also the head of the biggest hospital, or I think its the biggest hospital, in Taipei.

Hi girls--
I'm new to the forum! I have been reading the forum for a few days, and it has been very helpful!

I have decided to get my nose + double eyelid + epi done with Dr. Chuang. I emailed my pictures to him and he suggested that I should do a "anteriorly sliding osteotomy with chin reduction ostectomy". Anyone knows what that means??

Also, Dr. Chuang mentioned that he wants to do the three-point method for my double eyelids. Does anyone have any experience with that? Can he take out any fat out of my eyelids with that method??

Anyways, thank you in advance for the advice!!!

hahah sorry.. not so good with explainging visual stuff like that.
http://www.mrcophth.com/oculoplasticgallery/eyebrows/eyebrow2.htm

Look at that link, it explains what I was trying so hard to say. hahaha

Yes, you can say that the area between my brow can be plucked off.. but the ends are way too short. Its like they are grown too close together, and thus the ends are too short.
So thats why if I can extend the end, that would basically solve the problem.

Glad to hear that your brows are doing so well!
Actually, the implants growing long seem normal. Because I have to trim my natural eyebrows every now and then.. they also grow long and wierd. So I have to trim them. I feel like a hairstylist when I do that. hehehe:P
Well, thats in my case. Do your natural brows grow long?

About bone shaving, it would be SOooooo great if you could ask her about it. I am seriously interested in doing that.
Thanks in advance!!! :tup:

Hi Violarulz,

Welcome to the forum.

Hmmm no idea on what "anteriorly sliding osteotomy with chin reduction ostectomy" means. It seems like a bone job.

You can ask him to explain what it does to understand more! And the procedures.

The 3 point thing should be the korean method if I remember correctly?

One thing I do know is that the recovery time is much shorter than the conventional method of cutting in full.

Keenose-
I think you're right about the bone job. He said in the email that he wants to give me a "sharper chin". It sounds painful!

I've emailed him to ask him what that procedure actually entails, but being the busy doctor that he is, I'm sure he won't be able to respond immediately. :smile:

I have plenty of fat on my eyelids. Dr. Chuang suggested the three-point method and then urged me to "seriously consider taking some fat out". Now.... I really don't know too much about double eyelid surgeries. Can someone enlighten me on the *actual* healing process for each of the following methods:
1. open cutting method.
2. mini-incision method
3. 3-point suture method.

Also- are there any differences in the way the double eyelid looks in any of these methods??

:biggrin:

Thank you so much!!! ^______^

Ooh I see... YUP be prepared to wait. He is very busy, takes quite sometime to reply emails. hahaha

On which method of double eyelid is suitable, it depends on how thick your skin is. Like for people with thin eyelids, they can use the korean method, the 3 point suture method. (usually younger skin)

But for people with thicker eyelids, the cutting method is usually used. Since if the suture method if its used on the thick skin, will probably not last.

For cutting, definately its permanent... whereas for suture, it can fall out in time. When that happens, you'd have to redo it.

In my case, Dr Jong said that I needed to cut the lids and take some fats out, and probably some skin. My skin is think it seems, though I am in my mid 20s only.
haha

So the best would be for the doctor to evaluate.:P

3 point is not the same as the suture method. it is indeed the new Korean method.

The suture method does not require the removement of stitches. They just put this suture that is absorbed by your skin over time it... there is not cutting with the suture method... however, with the suture method, you can develop multiple lines over time... but this is has the FASTEST healing time.. generally 2 weeks.

So there is in the order of fastest healing times:
1. suture
2. three point (new Korean method)
3. half incisional
4. full incisional
Be aware that the three point is only slightly faster in healing time than the half incisional. But, it tends to have way less visible scar.

I know this because the girl that I went with got the three point stitch method done. As far as getting fat out and such... I think you can... but for the three point method, you cannot have loose skin.
Also, if you are young, you don't have to worry about getting loose skin after fat is taken out from the orbital area since your skin is very resilient at this time.

If you want something like flared double eyelid, you need to get full incision.

Full incision is for when lots of skin needs to be excised from the lid, or when the patient wants something more specific than just a parallel crease or tapered crease.

Partial incision can almost always be replaced by the 3 point Korean method. But the 3 point Korean method is extremely new so not many docs do it... but the 3 point does heal faster slightly... and it has the same very low possibility of the crease disappearing over time.

Maskd-

Thank you so much for the clarifications! That was very helpful! :biggrin::biggrin:

All I want is bigger eyes. I have no idea what kind of crease (tapered or paralell, wide or thin) or what kind of epi I want.

When you went to Dr. Chuang for your epi, did he ask you what kind of result you wanted, or YOU tell him what kind of result you preferred to achieve?

THANK YOU!!!!
:okay:

shoegirl,
http://www.drmeronk.com/insidersguide/19.html

viola,
For the double eyelid, you have quite a few choices:
1. height of the crease
2. whether it is tapered or parallel
3. whether you would like to flare or not, or if you would like semi-lunar shape etc.

Generally, a small tapered crease is the most natural looking on an Asian face, especially if the eye is small. This small tapered crease is what most Korean actresses have. Japanese, Taiwanese ones tend to sport larger creases.

For the epi, you don't choose any style or anything. The doctor does "how much" based on your eye and facial placement.

You have been so helpful!

Now.. when choosing the style of the crease, are there certain other advice or guidelines I should adhere to?

Does a higher crease mean bigger eyes?

I heard that the cutting method yields the best results if you want bigger eyes, is that true, or can the other methods mentioned do pretty much the same thing?

Also, what did those korean actresses and that blogger Dawn Yeo do to make their eyes so gigantic? Did they really just do an epi + double eyelid or do you think it's more complicated than that?

Sorry to bombard you guys with questions, but any advice/comments would be helpful!!! :biggrin:

THANK YOU ladies and gents!!

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: