BeautyHacker

hi i'm new to this forum. interested to get a rhinoplasty done with implant, and tip projection using cartlilage. i wonder if the japanese surgeon(website recently posted) only uses rib grafts? and is it only rib grafts that can achieve such ''pointy looking'' and caucasian looking nose? i loved the first example(of the man)! there were 3 diff stages and i was sorta confused. the final one with long hair is not that appealing. i prefer the middle one which has a skater boy kind of look, totally perfect and eurasian mixed blood looking! wonder if implant and cartilage projection can do this? hmmmm.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, depending on the original structure of your nose, silastic implants may or may not create the style of augmentation you wish. However, not all "pointy" noses look good on every face, you must have the "right" eyes I feel, and facial shape to carry it. If your face is large (as in some race) fleshy and less sculptured, then a sharp nose might not work.

For projection and depending on the desired result and/or deficiency, ear cartilage is first choice (more for covering) but septal (inner nose cartilage) is more abundant and stronger for added support. Rib is more for large augmentation work primary used for facial reconstruction usually after a trauma.

mrsunshine,

totally agree with you. The middle one was way better. I can't read Japanese, but you can tell it's the same person just by the mouth... holy cow, that is just way too much change...

i don't think rib cartilage is used for the tip, it is strictly for the dorsum. Septal and ear cartilage is for the tip... I may be wrong... but I don't think so.

You can make a nose pointy using several things. silastic implant at tip, cartilage, etc... has more to do with the surgeon's skill combined with your natural nose. The more flat your nose is to begin with, the more skilled of a surgeon you need for a pointy nose.

I know Asian cartilage is very soft compared to others... it will absorb more over time and is harder to shape... so skill really plays a role when your nose is not naturally pointy.

agree, but i just wanted to check if there's this sort of ''limitation'' to what a septal/ear cartilage can do as compared to the so called coastal cartliage graft? because if the septal and ear can do minimal ,then no one should go. because, altho not everyone can have a pointy nose, it is of a basic requirement to have at least a less bulbous and DEFINED nose(which may not be pointy) in my opinion. personally, i don't think my features can carry off such pointy ones, but i would hope to have a ''more-than-typical-asian-nose'' which is at least defined and abit sharp. ;)

yeah, he's so cute right! the 2nd pic, oh man the perfect boy next door look. i love his nose in the second pic! not too thin nor wide at the bridge, resulting it to be natural, yet his tip is soo sooo soo gorgeous. i think rib cartilage(they say the 7th one) is for the bridge, and then there's this ''strut'' thing which is short and straight to support the tip, thats y so pointy i guess. i think i went thru all the pics in the jap webby, understand NOTHING, but see the illustrations and if you got to this particular guy we're talking about, the title says smth abt ''westernising'' in mandarin, and jap. like wad kwell said, the sockets, the brow, etc. then, just anyhow click will lead to some illustrations. go try go try! then share with me! haha!

i dont agree with you that to make a pointy tip can use silastic materials. thats saying using an L implant to support your tip? NONO! i don't believe in that!!!later extrusion ah..think the most common is spetal/ear lor..just have yet to discover what these japanese surgeons are using for the tip..lol..doesnt sound like a bad idea yeah? maybe we can request for donor's rib cartilage? so we don't have to risk another scar at the chest, bikinis, omggg! hahahaha! ;)

Hi

I am new to this forum. I am an ABC, and I want to go to Korea got get my nose and eyes done. Do you recommend any clinics? How would I even get started looking for clinics there? And how long should my stay be? Does anyone want to go with me? I am looking to go around Sept to Oct.

Thanks

mrsunshine,

most people that I think are attractive don't have pointy noses or bulbous noses. I think my definition of pointy must be different.
Like Dennis, that isn't a pointy nose in my opinion.

But, anyway, I think if your nose is too pointy, it can age you.

umm... about the L implant. I have that.. lol... and I don't mind your comments. I've spoken to some very good doctors in Asia about it, and read a lot of medical papers on it... L is actually ok by many well reputed doctors... What I have is a short L... so the doctor trimmed it like a bird implant. Bird implant is an in between of L and I. Basically, all L's can be birds when trimmed correctly.

But, anyway, extrusion is caused mainly from the strut being too long. Many doctors use this as a ways to tent the tip higher and give even more projection. This a bad practice and is still being used by some doctors. I'm not saying that there still isn't a risk of extrusion. But, within Asians, it is very small risk when the L is a short L (kind of like the bird implant), placed posteriorly, behind the bone and cartilage... etc. If you notice, most doctors just place the L implant right underneath the skin and that's it...

But, anyway, I can totally understand people being afraid. ;)

jenoats,

It depends what you want.

BKclinic is known for the prettiest results and the most popular clinic in Korea... but the aftercare is atrocious... They rush you in and out and can be quite rude. I wouldn't be worried about my eyes with them as this is a fairly minor procedure... but the nose... It requires time on the table... and at the rate that they do it, I don't know if it is safe in the long run. Also, they prefer silicone I with cartilage tip.

If you want goretex, go to Dr. Jung. He is supposedly the master of this material in Asia... In fact, many Taiwanese doctors tout him along with Toriumi as their trainers. So, he has a very good reputation. And, it sounds like he is very kind and attentive also. Revisions are free by him.

umm... there are also dreamclinic... etc... you'd have to go through the posts...

Eyes really should be no deal. Go to any reputable clinic and it will turn out beautiful... just don't go to weird unheard of places.. the nose is what you need to research about more.

Also, don't be afraid to haggle in Korea... chances are they will take advantage of you since you probably don't speak Korean... although, I don't think Dr. Jung would. In Korea, you should expect to pay around 1000 for eyes at a reputable place... and around 2500-3000 for nose for most reputable places in Korea. For Dr. Jung, it is 4000.

maskd. are you serious that Dr. Toriumi is also trained under Dr. Jung? I saw Dr. Jung's before and after pictures, I hardly saw any difference, none of them has dramastic changes like the one on Dr. Toriumi's site

NO No...
that is not what I meant.

I meant like for instance... a lot of doctors post Dr. Toriumi and Dr. Jung's photos on their webpage to show that they have trained under them or boast to have trained under them.. but, no Dr. Jung and Toriumi did not teach the other or anything like that.

Just that doctors like to learn from those two... and report it in their background.

I didn't misspell... I meant tout not tought....

For instance, Dr. Hsu (Taiwanese doctor) is a student of Dr. Toriumi, and he has his name on his site... oh btw, his work is nothing like Toriumi's...

Thanks, Maskd for clearifying. first I was like:WHAT? Dr. Toriumi has the pictures I like the best. it's such a huge difference. I really like it. for other nose job, I can barely see any difference. for those who got a high nos after the surgery already had a high nose originally. but Dr. Toriumi's before-pictures is sooo flat and afterwards is so high and pointtd. man, I wanna go to him badly. I don't know when I can have that kind of money. I wanna do cheek and jaw bone shaving too, and I wonder if there is an Asian doctor in the states who does that. coz I don't have time to travel all the way to Taiwan for a long time since I'm going to school.

no... I was talking about the Japanese doctor.

Nose from Dr. Chuang is about 1800 USD if you use silicone I or L... and it includes alar, tip, lengthening if you should need it.
If you want goretex, it is slightly higher.... and also includes refinement work.

He is actually considered expensive in Taiwan, which is funny. why don't you try accessing the blog again?