BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Dr. Chuang and this is what he said that he'd do with my chin:
"I meant that I will perform shaving ostectomy(cut out some bones) on both side of chin to make your chin looking more smaller first. The second step is to do the sliding osteotomy to make your chin more protrusion. In short, the whole operation will combine two kinds of bone surgery, the sliding genioplasty and chin reduction."

Do you guys think that the healing time for this will be incredibly long? Has anyone had any experience with this procedure described above??

BTW- omg.. that eurasian guy is hot.:yahoo:

Also- that chin procedure would cost about 120k new taiwanese dollars, which is about 3600 usd. YIKES!

Do you guys think changing the shape of your chin will make a big difference.. or is it not worth it to go through the pain + $$?

Yes, there are limitations to using both ear and septal cartilage because the former is relatively weak and often irregular in shape, as I said mainly harvested to use as a covering over a sililastic implant to smoothen out once the skin drapes over it. Septal cartilage is much stronger but comes removed, its gone for good. Surgeons should be careful not to remove overly much because it may cause nasal collarpse with time. Both can and do give tip enlongation (1-5mm) MAX! For those with short noses or weak alar, rib cartilage is still the BEST but still risk warping ....:smile:

dr DT in his webby says over his 10 years of exp and last 120 surgeires none had complications because he does SOMETHING SPECIAL to ensure the rub cartilage wont be reabsorbed/warp. hmm. only if i had the money...

Also, please be careful what you see might not be what you get - photos alone can be less than accurate and with modern photos editing/perfecting sofeware, almost any digital pic can be altered and/or perfected. Unless and until one sees the real thing, it is best to take such examples with a pitch of salt. I know some surgeons in an attempt to attract more clients (as confirmed by other surgeons) are deceptive and use such "before" & "after" pics on their website when in actual fact, the result might be far from the real thing.

Yes, thats what Dr. Toriumi says.... I know he uses a solution and treat the cartilage first before implantation. The rest nobody knows. I think the degree of warping will be reduced not completely negative.

hey there,

your blog is empty. I cant see any pictures except for an empty layout...

Thats quite possible because I know it for a fact that happened to a Korean friend of mine who recently had rib harvested and implanted on his nose. Not only his nose is curved (collapsed) due to warping, the surgeon apparently has kept his cartilage for "future" use. He will use it again for his next revision op.

So, my guess is if one can keep it, who is to say others could not use it for their own use??? But, mind you, in Korean it is not usual that blood work/testing is done prior to surgery whilst in Taiwan it is compulsory.

Yeah that concerns me, i mean its meant to be a once and only operation with Dr.T Obviously nothing is 100%, but that fact that he may harvest more than needed is... scary! And the thought if someone uses my rib for their nose is even worse!! :wtf: My poor rib!!