BeautyHacker

LOL thanks.. it was created at the spur of the moment. I grew to like it as well....

Oh you know... initially I didnt mind to have a nice pointy tip.. but after I read information about the chinese face reading.... its better if the nose tip is fleshy and rounded. So not toooo pointy will be good... so I am going for that.

In the chinese face reading... how our nose is, reflects on how well our husband will do. (nose = husband) haha

Well.. I'm still learning.. so that is what I grasp at the moment.:P

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... tell me about it. I spent WEEKS reading that.

About the healing.. there are some people who think that its best not to touch water etc... and there are others who think that its definately OK to touch water... most importantly is to keep the wound clean.... and of course dry the area properly after washing up.

Maskd... which did you go by? Did you touch water?

I heard that Song Hye Gyo's nose is natural. They compared pictures of her when she was younger, and she was with the same nose.

LOL reverse simulation? Yeah I saw the BK clinic's simulation.. some look funny.. while some dont look any different.

Has anyone heard of this.....

There are fillers that they can inject into the area at the nose bridge to make the bridge higher. Some of them only last a few months...

however, recently I heard that there are actually permanent fillers!

So there are nose jobs without surgery... the downtime is like 1 week it seems?

There are permanent silicone fillers but they make very little difference... usually used to fill out tiny deformities caused by trauma or revision case.

There are also other fillers that I have heard of that resulted in very deformed noses in the longterm.

As far as keeping water off... I never directly put water on the stitch areas but if it happened to fall on that area when I showered, I just pat it off with a dry towel. I never paid too much attention to it.

There are some fillers that can last 1 year.. some 8 years.. some permanent it seems... :confused1:

There was someone who shared with me that she actually washed even the stitch area... just that she dries it throughly afterwards. No scar whatsoever as well...

I honestly never even heard of fillers until I started reading the Singapore forum. Now that I know about them I still don't feel they are really worthwhile to get. Money aside, it just doesn't seem worth it because most of the time I read it not lasting long & possibly having those fluids lurk around if you decide to get a real nose job later..... :wtf:

Song Hye Gyo's nose is so beautiful it makes my eyes water just looking at it! I am so tempted to go into the doctor's surgery armed with a folder of Song Hye Gyo's pictures and ask for her nose. They say a picture tells a thousand words, well, my idea nose is right there in that picture! :smile: *green with envy*

Keenose - u r lucky! Malaysia is not that far away from Taiwan or Korea. I have to fly 10 hours :-*(

Maskd - do you mind posting a picture of your nose again? I tried following your link in the earlier posts but can only see the photo of your beautiful eyes. Thanx heaps and heaps!

Keenose - what you say about the chinese face-reading is really really interesting...I need to look into it more. I don't think a nose that is too pointy is good either, a little bit of roundness makes us look younger and sweeter. Obviously, if it's too round and large then that's not attractive, but definitely not something too sharp.

I remember my grandmother used to say "high cheekbones = kill husbank" and sharp nose = sly and untrustworthy"

god, how things have changed!

Hi,
Anyone who has intended to go to Korea for the first time may find this info helpful. What I did was gathering all of the info from various forumers, put it in one piece, and found it very helpful for me. Special thanks to: Hannah, Bluberry, Ocean11, DMN, Shermaine,ect. of singaporeexpats forum [​IMG]

1. toiletries (such as cotton bud for cleaning) u can buy just right across the road beside FedEx and Burger King.
2. kept drinking green tea, organic honey and gallions of water - it helps cos my scars are really not visible today (8th day)!
3.There is a 24-hour convenience store called "Buy The Way" at the bottom of the hill from Twin Haus. If you walk across the street, there is an open market if you want to do some cooking. If you keep going down that same street (for about 10 minutes), there is a full-service grocery store called "FamilyMart" where you can get anything you want. Also, if you make a right on the street down the hill from Twin Haus, there are other convenience stores, a bakery, and a Subway sandwich store.
4.The subway only costs about $1 USD (900 won) to get to Dr. Jung's clinic in Gangnam. His clinic is right at the opening of Gangnam station exit #3, so it's very convenient.

Questions to ask Dr:
YOU have a duty to TELL him what EXACTLY you like, and more importantly, NOT like! a higher, narrower, sharper nose that looks natural. trim the cartilage on my nose n implant the ear cartilage at the tip.
What kind of anesthesia is used? What should I expect post-operatively in terms of soreness, what to watch for, medication, bathing, and level of activity? Who will be assisting during the surgery? What are their qualifications? (Does the plastic surgeon perform the entire surgery?)

Before Surgery, buy:

1. Food: Kimchi, eggs and instant noodles with fresh tomatoes. take more fruits, no seafood, no spicy food for faster recovery.
2.bring a cap and some dental surgeon mask to cover yourself
3.TV , search channel 19 called OCN.

Tips:
Dont take taxis from the Airport or Seoul train station labeled 'AAFES' They charge much higher prices as they cater to unwary American GI's.
Negotiate the lowest price and then say 'Bee si yo' or Thats too expensive.
9.Shopping: Dongdaemun shopping is not bad, a bit ex, but at least you will be interested to see those things, And the best part is, it opens from 10.30am to next day 5am! Since their subway off from around 11.30pm…strange, once you miss it, to save the expensive cab fare, you may as well just shop till the next day when Subway is back in 5.30am. My favourite in Dongdaemun is Doota --> go to the shop named REDDE, tel. 3398-7359, very nice, fine, and CHEAP office clothing + the sellers are REALLY nice.
Migliore (next to Doota): go to #3 or #30 (No.456523, I dunno what does this mean?) --> nice, cheap, modern shirts for guys.

Another place worth seeing is the street market, there are a few recommended in KNTO's web-site. They only open on Sat, and I chose to go this one whereby the art student produce their own art piece, music, pottery etc and the govt.
The MRT is called Hongik Univ. no. 239, exit no. 6, then ask some art student looking pple for help cos they most likely are studying there. Exit no. 2 got a huge teddy bear store, if you like teddy bear, should visit too. For Trendy Clothes, a little off beat, especially for women, Shop in Idae (Ewha Women's University rea). For men's clothes Try Tongdaemun and also some of the smaller stores in the Suburbs like Boss which have good quality clothes that don't have the inner city pricetag. Also Itaewon is good.
What is cheap in Seoul are Designer fakes from Itaewon or Tongdaemun. They are GREAT quality and are one of Koreas best 'unofficial' exports. Chocka with Korean fake Gucci, Chanel and Armani Items.
Insadong has the best shopping in Seoul.

MYEONGDONG is pedestrian- friendly area in the heart of the city is loaded with departement stores, shopping malls and mid market apparel shops.
NAMDAEMUN: Just a few minutes from Seoul’s ancient Namdaemun gate. Namdaemun market is permanently crowded and is open round the clock. It is a ‘must’ for bargain hunter. DONGDAEMUN has recently become the largest apparel shopping area for young Koreans.

4.Don’t buy drinking water, you only need a water container and fill it up.
5.Bargaining power: If there’s a price tag on, just point and ask “how much” again, chances are the sellers will punch the # on a calculator, give it a quizzical look and punch your # until both are satisfied with the sum.
6.Never forget to say 'NOMU NOMU PISSAYO. SAGE HEJUSEYO.' the meaning is 'why it cost so high? down the price please~.'
7.Stay clear of Itaewon (near Yongsan)...especially if you are a woman at night.
8.visiting Folk Village near Suwon and spend half day there.
9.Specs are Cheaper in Korea: Get Yer Glasses
10.Walmart= LG mart, A suggestion to bring 500 Won pieces, as this is the price to use a shopping cart.

11.How to find a bathroom: Carry toilet paper + Hand Sanitizer (i) all buildings have bathrooms on the main floors that are (generally) open to the public. Just walk in and look for the signs. (ii) to say "Hwa Jang Shil Oh-di-say-o" (Where is the bathroom?). They may call it a toilet, restroom, washroom, water closet , W.C.
12.Go to one of the many Tourist Information booths and get a good map and ask as many questions as possible. The ladies at the TIs are usually very friendly and will mark you specific locations directly on the map. let them write down the address in Korean, so you simply need to show the taxi driver
14.Street Name: 1. There are 4 kinds of streets. Dae-rlo (slur the r and l together, dae is said as day): they are large boulevards such as Gwanghwamun Dae-ro. Gil (said as geel): which are narrower and/or side streets. 2. Important avenues, such as Jongno (sometimes no replaces ro), are broken up into sections according to the major cross-streets. Jongno-sam(3)-ga means "the area where the third major cross street crosses Jong Street". There is Euljiro-sa(4)-ga (4th crossing of Eulji street) and so on. One different one is the first cross-street. It is often written as il(1)-ga but also as ip-gu. il-ga means first cross and ip-gu means entrance--which makes sense because this is the 'entrance' or start of the street.
15. Getting a cab: go to the curb, wait 3-30 seconds and wave your hand. There is a little light in the cab as well as on the roof--if it's on then the cab is free. Sometimes, however, there aren't any around. Tip #1: go to a busier street. Cabs are usually around hotels, restaurant districts and financial/poitical areas--especially at night. If you really can't find a taxi call 1588-3382 (normal taxi). If you are not speaking any Hangul, don‘t get into one that is not metered. If you need a cab and do not speak Hangul, call this numbner (02) 3431-5100.
16.If late at night, a cab stops for you, don't explain your destination before getting in. Just get in the cab. Once in the cab say "Anyounghaseo" (hello) and "Ajeoshi" (mister, sir) then your destination "...ai ka-jusaeyo".
_don take the cab to the airport, it very expensive! took the deluxe which cost 13000won. it fast, and quite comfy too.
_for transit back to airport. check with ur hotel where is the nearest airport bus pick up point, and take a cab to the the pick up point, which is normally very near, approx cab fare about 2000won. den take the bus to airport. If u guys see a bigger taxi like those 7 seater MPV, try not to take.

Thanx so much Coby11! Ur information is invaluable and I am going to print it out and study it carefully. ARe you in Seoul right now?

Did you get your nose done by Dr. Jung? What did you do, what material did you use, how long did it take and did you like the doctor? Are you satisfied with the results and how much did it cost? Did you feel Dr.Jung was "rushed"?

hehe, sorry about all the questions! I am tossing up between seeing Dr.Jung in Korea or Dr.Chang in Taiwan!

Also, is anybody interested in coming along with me? I would lurve some company!

I'm going to Dr. Chuang in Taiwan this December!

Does anyone know how many days we have to avoid wearing contacts after a double eyelid surgery?? Im getting both my nose and eyes done with Dr. Chuang, which means I can't wear glasses either during the recovery time.. so I'm a little worried that I'll be virtually blind for days!

Im going to dr chuang in december too..how much is ur surgeries going to cost? I dont know how long it is until you can wear contact lenses, just ask the dr. by email.