BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gossomer8,
Yeah, I got back home already =)
I have Gore-tex for bridge and septal cartilage for tip. It's true that Dr.J was quite rush, but it's nothing compared to his staff, omg. They rush me to wash my face, to get change, etc. However, his skill is excellent. He did everything I asked for. I'm pleased with the result. But keep this in mind though, it all depends on how u expect the result to be. I only wanted to improve my nose just a little bit, u know, I don't want to look like a stranger to myself. Yet adding 2-3mm makes a huge difference though ;) Other than this, everything u wanna know can be found on the list. ;)

Hi there! I am interested in making a trip to see dr. jung, but would love someone to go with me too. i'm 22,asian, interested in getting my nose done. let me know if you or anyone reading this post is interested and we can exchange contact info. thanks =)

Thanx Coby - don't know if you read it but there was a previous blogger who didn't think Dr.Jung was all that good, and that's why it got me worried...do u know how many hours Dr.Jung took on your surgery?

did you do open procedure, and if so, are there any scars?

I'm actually thinking of doing exactly what you've done - i.e. make bridge slightly higher (don't want to look like an alien with a flat face and narrow nose) and make my tip more pointy...

How long were you in Korea and did u go by yourself? Where did you stay and was it damned expensive$$$???

hope your healing is going well and not too swollen :smile:

asian doll - when are you thinking of going to Korea? this year or next? Also, have you decided which ps you are gonna go to?

I'm tossing up between Taiwan and Korea...

Taiwan = cheaper, and have had positive feedback

Korea = way way way more expensive, but it's also the plastic surgery centre of Asia. I only have one face and one chance to get it right the first time ... should do what will give me the best results and worry about $$$ as a secondary issue...

If I go to Taiwan - I could probably afford to go in Dec or early 2008. If I go to Korea, it won't be until at least mid-2008 before I have enough moola ...$$$...

maskd - thanx, the simulation thing was really a bit to MJ for me - you'd think these surgeons would at least try to make my pic attractive in an effort to entice me...hehe, they are more scaring me off than anything else!

also, please please can I see a pic of your nose b4 and after? I tried following the link in previous posts but could only see ur eyes :smile: thanx so so much!

LOOKING for TRAVEL PARTNER =)

Hi =). I am planning to go to Korea this year. I haven't bought my ticket yet, but my schedule is pretty flexible, anytime this year. I want to have a travel partner, preferably another female. We can stay in a hotel room next to each other, to keep an eye on one another until we get more comfortable and acquainted. I am planning on staying a little longer, if i find a partner, we can split hotel fees and hang out together. i don't want to get on the plane looking bruised and akward :rolleyes:, with people staring at you for a long time due to long lines and customs hassles...not to mention the long as# flight.

I am 22 years old. I don't speak Korean or know anyone there. but i heard lots of good things about Korea especially plastic surgery. It will be my first time visiting Korea, so I bet there'll be lots to see and experience. Please response and let me know if you or anyone reading is interested.

KOREA: Questions about making appointments and method of payment.

ok, so it's been kinda hard contacting the doctors in korea by emails. so i was thinking about just flying there, then going to a face to face consultation and then getting an appointment. Does anyone know how long in advance you have to make an appointment for surgery with Dr. Jung and Dr. Park. Dr. Jung is my first choice, I want to get my nose done, but if you have any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated as well. I just want to be made prettier =p

How much is a nose job cost with Dr. Jung and Dr. Park? what are the variation of pricing and materials or methods used? and what method of payment do they accept? are there any fees with certain type of payment?

Sorry my post is so long and so many questions. Any of your inputs and responses will be greatly appreciated.

ABOUT my previous Gortex Rhinoplasy:

so I figure sharing a little about me and my experiences would be fair since so many people on here had shared theirs and I find reading the postings so helpful and informative.

I had my nose done 2 times previously. The 1st with silicone. The 2nd with gortex.

I. silicone nose implant
The first time overseas which cost about $300 US with silicone implant.
The silicone implant became visible and obvious. You could see the shape of the insert and everything. the surgeon also did a terrible job shaping it, it was too short and the tip was weird. It was inserted through the side of my right nostril so the scar would be less visible i suppose.. i am not sure if i am using the correct terminology.. i can clarify if any of you need me to.

a few months later, like 3-4 months, the silicone came out of my friend's nose. she came along with me on my first surgert quest =p. one day she noticed a quite looking thing on the top, at the tip, of her nose. we went to a plastic surgeon in town and got it checked out. the doctor said there was an infection and that it's coming out. Her implant was oddly too big. so she got it removed for like 700 or something like that, i forgot. The tip where the silicone came out left a little hole and got stitched back together after it was removed. the scar is hardly visible now. I figured i better get mines out before it comes out on its own.. which leads me to a 2nd surgery.

II. second nose implant: gortex cost 2500$ USD

So I went in to an asian doctor in tx to get my old silicone implant out and replaced it with a gortex one. this was the medium price range, the highest which was like 3500 or 4000 uses your ear cartilage. I was scared of getting my hears cut off .. so i opted for the gortex..lol. I kinda regretted it though.

the gortex is still visible like the silicone one. you can see the lines of the implant. the tip of my nose is ugly, because it slopes off abruptly, which can be seen on the profile.

so now, I am still not satisfied... anyone got any sugestions? I want to get my nose done so that it look natural. the tip of my nose should form a smooth and even curve. i don't want the shiny, obvious implant lines to be visible.

III. Alar base Reduction....oh yeah i got that done together with my second surgery was like less than 1000USD or something like that.

it left raised lines scar, and redish, and when i put makeup on it, it looks all obvious and uneven in elevation. where the stitches were placed during the surgery, it was replaced with raised skin marks afterwards.

i got cortisone shots on it 2 times, and it helped the scar become less visible. the first time it was done by my surgeon, so he was putting the medicine to each individual lines. well he died, and i had to get my 2nd shots with his replacement, who did not putting it one each idividual scar lines, so it didn't improve or help at all. so i didn't go back...