BeautyHacker

I am thinking maybe i need to get the rib harvesting... which i should have done in the first place. but i am worry about the scar. does anyone reading know how big the scar is? and where it will be?

have anyone on here ever undergone the procedure or know details about it.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to KOREA they have some of the best Plastic Surgeons there!!! I'm not sure if its cheaper but go for skill not price!!! (you do not want to wear someones mistake for the rest of your life!!!)

I'm a Canadian-born Chinese living in Vancouver. I'm definitely thinking of getting a nose job in Asia because of the vast experience in working with Asian wants. I'm currently working part-time to obtain enough money to make my dream into a reality because I most definitely don't like my nose at it's current state and would LOVE an alteration. I know I'm going to have to work for almost a year to accumulate the sums that is if I don't spend the money I earn.

For a while, I've been looking at peoples' noses to compare it with mine and I can openly say that I am very jealous of most people. My nose has a wide base and HUGE nostrils which as you can imagine is very ugly. My second want is the double eyelid surgery because my eyes are small and as you probably deduced already, I have no eyelids!! (curse you fatty lids). I have no idea what I want my nose to look like and I would like some advice in choosing the right nose for consideration because choosing a person's nose because of their overall facial appearance is pleasing to the eye would be a bad thing to do. The shape and size and other variations of my own face wouldn't make an ideal fit. So would choosing a nose and then e-mailing a PS for their opinion be advised? I am very new at this and I know I need to research more on this topic but this is something I've been obsessing over for a long time. Starting now would be a good idea because I would have at least a year's worth of information before I go get it done. Every time I look at someone, I look at their nose, and then their eyes; especially other Asians. I even had a dream last night where I got a pretty ugly nose job from an old lady in a back alley and was going to get a double eyelid surgery too. The nose in my dream was FAR from perfect, but I liked it better than my own.

Another question. Around how much more is a nose and eyelid surgery in Korea than in Taiwan? I'm just curious even though I am pretty set (on Dr.Chuang) in Taiwan. I'm also wondering if anyone knows any PS in China or HK. :sweatdrop:

HI Gossomer8

I am from Australia too (sydney).
I am planning to have nj in Asia sometime next year, but do not want to travel overseas alone, do you want to contact me so that we can plan our trips together??
My options are Taiwan and Korea, but more likely Taiwan cuz it's affordable.
Let me know if you are interested.

tinatina :smile:

Hi Gossormer8,
Uhm, everything is kinda expensive, EVERYTHING!
Dr Jung spent 1- 1 and 1/2 hr on each op. I chose the open methor. I only had it >1 month ago, so there's still a scar, but other ppl said it will go away in 3-4 months. My nose looks really unnatural at first, so I was very worried. But after 3 weeks, it started to deswell --> now it's natural. Hope this helps. Cheers :smile:

go away tyra banks

Hey everyone!!!

I'm new.

I'm planning on going to Korea to get my nose done next year. Which doctors do you recommend, i really have no idea. I've heard that OZ and BK are the most popular, is that true?

Also, as my father's eurasian, i already have a high bridge but it's also quite wide (at the bridge and the base) like my mum's. What methods are there to make the nose look more slimmer and what do they involve? To those who've had it done, what is the scarring like?

By da way, maskd2003 is that your nose in the avatar? I REALLY LIKE IT!!! Thats the kind of nose i'm going after, slim bridge, smaller nostrils/base and a pointyish tip. If you don't mind, can you tell me what procedures you had? Thanx in advance.

and to gossomer8 and tinatina, G'day fellow aussies!!!

LOL exactly :tup:

Anyways, lets not get into this whole why are you getting plastic surgery, trying to be white thing. It's been discussed before & I think we all made our points clear. ;)

hey guys..been a silent reader and read throughout all the pages in this forum..yup..took me like 4 days and night to finish it up..thats how to tell you how much I want to get my nose fixed.

summerskin,
I love-love-love ur nose!!!how are you feeling right now that its been a month now?Any more changes to ur nose since I read that it will gradually change up to a year to get the final looks?
And thats 22000 yea?(3 zeros??in US$??)I really want to do mine with him after looking the before after pics of the vietnamese girl from his site and from urs as well..:smile:
But looking at that whooping number I guess I have to think and rethink again of how I will save up that much money. I guess I have to wait until I graduate and got a job and save up money for 2 years I guess..if only I got a money tree....:sad:
He doesnt have any student discount I guess??hehe..
How about his after surgery care??
sorry for the questions and hope u dont mind sharing..

cheers

swt3

I'm alot like you, chinese born canadian from vancouver. I'm pretty set on going to see Dr. Chuang the summer of 2008, but I have to save up a lot of money too.
For korea, eyelid and nose surgery is around 5000 approx.
In taiwan, dr. chuang quoted me around 3000

Asian doll - I'm so sad to hear about your two previous surgeries...but I think you are right to choose Dr.Jung as he seems to have a lot of experience doing revisions.

One thing which troubles me about Dr. Jung however, is that he does not appear to be a member of any plastic surgery associations? I recently went on his website again, and he has added in some information about being invited to act as president for some association. I've then done a search for that association and coudn't find it online!!

To be completely sure, I've emailed a couple of Korean Plastic Surgery associations asking if Dr. Jung and a few other Korean doctors I'm interested in are indeed members (like they claim on their website). Hopefully, somebody at the associations will answer me...

I also asked the associations whether any complaints or lawsuits have been lodged against any of these doctors recently...

It seems a few of us are now getting ready to be the "next batch" to get our dream noses ... I think it'll be great to all go together! Indeed, we can get rooms next to each other initially and help look after one another.

In Korea, there's a self-service apartments that's pretty cheap - I think 500USD for a week or something - and it's easy to get to Dr. Jung's clinic from there - I think 4 or 5 stops direct on the train/metro.

If I go to Korea - I will probably only have enough money 2008 around mid-year. When are you thinking of going?

Maskd - thanx so much for the photo!! your nose is absolutely GORGEOUS!! It is just PERFECT - and the curves are great!! In particular, your tip is soo cute, and like you say, the height of the bridge is just right! I think Dr. Chueng did an amazing job :smile:

btw, do you have any 'before' photos? Please please can I have a look at that? This will give me an idea of what sort of nose you need as a 'basis' before you can get the dream nose - afterall, how your nose will look still very much depends on what potential your original nose had in the first place