BeautyHacker

Thank you Maskd and Hiromi for the quick reply! my main concern is that the width of my nose is jsut right so I def dont want to change that, but if you look from below, the shape of my tip is like a equilateral triangle, and I wanted to know what wd be the best method to project the tip more, if u get what I mean. But I dono how doctors can do that. I know increasing the bridge height is pretty straight foward, but when it comes to increasing height on the tip, its alot more complicated and not enough info other than you can use a graft strut,..which I dont even know if that can increase tip projection significantly without increasing the risk of protrusion. The thought of using ur own nose cartilage is great as its stronger than ear cartilage but the thought of 'once ur nose cartialge is cut out, its GONE', and if u need a revision, ur pretty stuck with material choice......I think im starting to panic cause I'll hav to book my consulation soon, and I still dono what I want done...........:Push:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keropi,

Actually, once you use it from one ear, that's it too.. then, you can only get it from the other ear. And, I also hear that your ear is a bit softer afterwards at the spot where it is taken.

Unfortunately, there are just a lot of limitations and risks... :Push:

Hiromi,

would you mind posting a pic of your nose from the front? Pretty please? Thanks!

Hi,
Did anyone in here use Mederma to treat alar scar? Is it really help? It has been more than a month since my op, and the scar is still visible, esp. the alar scars. I don't think the alar base will look as smooth as before, since it was reduced, is it right?

Coby11,

DO NOT use mederma. If you don't believe me, ask your doctor or go on google and research it. It doesn't help with this situation.

It really shouldn't leave a visible scar. If it's just a little pink line on both sides, just give it more time. The doctor did cut through, not just the surface... it will take time.

In my case (I didn't do alar) but the middle of my nose cut at the base for open was a very light pink after removal of the stitch and hard to see... then, it just faded... the cut was never raised or anything... I never put mederma or anything like that on it.

Did you try applying Vitamin E oil on the scar? I heard that helps.

Hi everyone,
I'm an Asian-American male (Korean) currently interested in a rhinoplasty operation for my "bulbous nose," and I stumbled upon this very interesting newsgroup forum by accident thru a google search. I'm interested in seeing Dr. Toriumi in Chicago to get a more eurasian appearing nose/face, but wanted to know if any of you know about the work of a Dr. Keizo Fukuta at Verite Clinic in Tokyo? It was actually one of his patient's pics in the Taschen book Aesthetic Surgery which got all this interest started, and this same guy's pre and post op pics are featured on his website link here (click on first man's pics):http://veriteclinic.com/treatment/mens.html
Does anyone here have info about this Dr. Fukuta in Japan (seems to be alot of first hand knowledge about Korean and Taiwanese docs so far), and his reputation and quality of work? Any insight whether an expert here in the USA like Dr. Toriumi could do the same work?
Much thanks for your advice,
Stephen

i recently had scars and prescribed me with Tri-luma, once i told him that mederma was not working... he sid if that doesnt work.. to come back to him for more evassive procedures.. yea mederma sucks

Hi Steven.. and ive heard of that dr., i actually have that aesthetic book that he was interviewed in... i emailed him for some information... and to do a forehead implant, nose job, double eyelid surger will cost around $25k U.S. dollars... the before and after pictures are amazing... his the one i definitely want to get my stuff done.. just dont know if it is possible.... im in los angeles, ca whre are you located? email me and we should definitely stay in contact... i want the same proceedures as you.. a more eurasion look. u should defiitely give him an email...he responds in 1 or 2 days. i will try to find the email he sent me to give you a better understanding.

my email is [email protected]

yay.. finally found another man with the same interests of augmenting... ive already got my double eyelids done in los angeles.. but need to redo again to match the implants... also want to reduce my jaw line or lipo in the heek jaw line to reduce fat..and more angular

im jason:

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the thread! :yes:

hmm I've never heard of this doctor but his website pictures are amazing!

I would expect that he charges a high fee as well, especially if its in Japan?

Hi Keropi,
I used my ear cartilage for the tip and you're right it doesn't project that much plus my ear is all flimsy now. I'm going to have revision rhinoplasty done but this time the doctor suggested a premaxillary augmentation (to decrease lines next to the nasal area and to give the base of my nose more height), he's also doing a septal elongation. I like my nose I just don't like how the tip turned out..and I would like my bridge to be wider but I guess I'll let the doctor decide what fits on my face.

Jez :rolleyes:

Oh you bet Keenose!! He is one of THE most expensive surgeons in Japan and whilst some find his skills impressive, others think some of the work is way over the top (changing facial look rather than enhancement), so it one man's meat is another man's poison.

For those interested in the "Eurasian" look, let me tell you that the Japanese chap has had the following done:

1. Eyelid and socket

2. Nose augmentation (think its rib cartilage judging by the pics)

3. Cheekbone enhancement (fat grafts, dun think implants)

4. Chin augmentation

So, be my guest for those interested in the whole works! hehe:smile:

The Japanese doctor is definitely skilled, but to that first Japanese patient: WHY?
omg... I don't think it was an improvement. He just went from Asian to European...
But, this is just my opinion. If you're going to make yourself unrecognizable, it should at least be an improvement.
But, I think most of his patients definitely had improvement... just not that first one... the after look makes him look like a hoodlum combined with the long hair.

Now... if you are talking about true Eurasian hotness:
[​IMG]
Dennis O... but he's just naturally this way... His dad was an American GI, and his mom was Korean. GQ, sexy and preppy...I bet he has a lot of pretty Korean girls to choose from... haha...

Which reminds me of something totally off subject...I once dated a hapa guy from Hawaii when I broke up with my bf for 3 days that looked like this...

Yeah....As a guy, I think Daniel Henney is awesome and the epitome of true eurasian man! Am sure many of this list would agree !

My goodness, can you believe the lady beside him is his Korean mother??? Wow.... one lucky soul with a loving mum!

Hows everybody doing with their noses, eyes etc? haha....:smile:

Am a happy bunny !

Kwell