Hey want2change,

this is the one:
http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/service_a3-11.htm

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Keenose :tup:

I just wish Dr. Chuang had more younger looking chicks on his rib grafting web page. Nothing wrong with those 2 women but it just makes me feel so old when I imagine myself being listed as the 3 patient on that page :nuts:

Actually its not as bad as I thought it would be with rib grafting. I thought the nose would look more bony than what's shown from those pictures.

hahahahh I KNOW what you mean!! The pictures really dont look that all..... tempting and nice yeah?
I had the same thoughts then.

I have posted new pictures of my nose... same link, same password. I notice that the shape is slightly changing.. less roundish at the tip... and the collumea area is becoming smaller from side profile.

Also, I thought I would post the picture of my black thread here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the black thread.. and also all my scars clearly here. Reddish...

Ok here are the alar scars....

[​IMG]

This deep hole... is like a bowl... when I apply mask and stuff... it actually COLLECTS here. yes, its that deep.
This is ONE side of the nose.. the other side is similar too.

[​IMG]

You can also see the bumpy skin along the alar base...

CONFESSION: OK ........ I couldnt help it!!!!!

I HAD TO EDIT AWAY SOME BLACKHEADS!!!!!
Its disgusting to see them so BIG!!!! :nuts:

$ people I know say China Air is awful:shrugs: I dunno why..
My entire family always takes Cathay Pacific..I love Cathay!:yes::tup:

Hi Keenose! when i go to dr.chuang, i will ask about u and if thats common and see if theres any advice he can give you to help it look and heal better. Did he tell you that it was normal to have a "hole" or give u possible reasons why it is there? or did the nurses not do a careful job of taking out the stitches, creating the space of the hole? And is the hole suppose to just heal itself? I wonder wat could've cause your skin to be bumpy and have a hole.:confused1:

When I press the bridge.... its just like pressing on my EYEBROW BONE if you know what I mean?

I dont know if internally its pressing against my bone or what....

I cant feel the implant pressing on the bone....:confused1:

Thanks sassygrl,

I would appreciate that.

No he didnt tell me if its common or not.. since I never asked that for the alar scars... but he just told me its the stitch holes.... and asked me to use Mederma to prevent them from becoming permanent scars.

Imagine if they do become permanent scars like what I see now.. I would probably faint...
Especially when all the stuff we apply on our face.. or dust and stuff .. keeps accumulating in all those holes!!!!!!!!! My gosh....

I was just trying to remove the accumulation of dead skin in those holes earlier today.. its very tough to do it. Cant... :crybaby:

I seriously dont know if these are supposed to heal themselves or not.... I HOPE SO...

All I can say is.. when I compare to the girl who went to Dr Gao. she did her operations around the same time as me.. also did alar .... she showed me her picture... her alar scars are already INVISIBLE.... PERFECT....... whereas mine is such a huge contrast from hers. :sad:

With the black thread left inside my nose... alar stitch holes and stuff... I dont know if its the doctor or the nurse.... or is it myself....:sad:

It definately sounds unusual.. its not supposed to be like this......... :s

Hi Keenose,

Just try to keep your head up and stay positive. I'm sure the holes will fade away since after the stitches are taken out, its not healed up yet. Your skin might be really sensitive and its taking a while for your skin to generate and grow back over the hole. How long has it been? So did he tell you to use Mederma in taipei after the operation, or when u complained about the scars later? Do you use any face wash with saclylic acid in it? maybe thats causing the bumpiness and redness. Also, maybe try a skin color bandaid to cover the hole so dirt wont get in? But i know you dont wanna walk around with a bandaid on your nose:nogood:Other then that, just try to wait it out and see if the holes get smaller by day. Have u been taking multivatims and drinking pineapple? it helps in healing.

Thanks.. I will try to.

Its already been 6 weeks and more....

He told me to use Mederma only when I complained about the scars later....
No I dont use saclyic acid wash... why does it cause bumpiness?

I take multi vitamins, vitamin E and C daily... but still....

The bandaid thing probably wont work out.. it would be too wierd.

Keenose,

If you go on the meronk website and look at the healing process of the scar on the eyelid, you will notice that it goes away over a span of 6 months or more.

My eye crease cut has faded... but it is still a little raised around the crease when I shut my eyes... it has gotten A LOT better after one month after the surgery. It is a light pink now....

This is the closest thing that I can compare it to with you as I didn't get alar reduction. Now, the cut on the columella faded for me pretty darn quick... and had never had any issues. I hope this brings you a little more comfort.

Since your cut is pink rather than white currently, that brings less concern. When a scar reaches its final state, it is generally paler than your regular skin. It being pink means that it is still healing.

Ceyairs,

When I rub the tip of my nose, it looks how a natural nose looks like when it is being rubbed... only the tip moves back and forth. The bridge stays stable completely. Now, making a piggy nose hurts as I have an L implant, and I never intentionally push my nose that way. I have an L implant like you too... the bridge feels completely like a bridge... When I push, there is not a strange sensation of two separate parts. My L is like a rubber... with two different forms of silicone... a semi soft one for bridge and softer one for tip.

I hate giving you this bad news. Rhinoplasty is a very very complicated procedure... and augmentation rhino is very special in its own way. You totally have a right to be so angry! It sounds like you sought out a doctor that no one would have predicted to be so incompetent.

Surgery is so damn risky and so traumatic during the healing process.... I think I've been VERY lucky so far (nose and epi with Dr. Chuang, eyelashes with Dr. Jong, eyes with Dr. Kim); that's why I'm going to quit now. I was so distraught after my eyelid surgery. Fortunately, it was just excessive worrying and misunderstanding of the healing process. It turned out beautifully and was quite an enhancement thanks to Dr. Kim in Atlanta.

I think about it, and it's quite a miracle that I had no scarring from epi, and nose... after hearing all these stories.
The eyes are still healing... so I can't tell if there will be a scar... but I would guess that it won't... It's light light pink and slightly raised when I close my eyes, but it gradually looks better over the months. I'm not worried, because I see the healing process described on Meronk, AND I've been through the healing process of surgery before.

I know I have reiterated myself a lot, but, Keenose, I hope this gives you more comfort. Best wishes to you.

Hey maskd,

Thanks for your message.

About the scars being pink = healing and meaning hope for them to completely go away does give some comfort.

Are you only ONE month after eyelid surgery? I thought it was longer?

My eyelid scar is still very visible when I close my eyes, there are also bumps there.. I think tis milia?
However, one eye's scar gives slight sharp pains when i rub my face with a face towel.
Not sure if that's normal.

Do you feel that your eyelash curl naturally after eyelid surgery?
The drmeronk website seems to say that the lashes would curl naturally as internall healing progresses.....

Regarding my alar, I seriously dont know if the deep hole can be smoothened out to be a flat smooth alar like before.... but if I can continue to use Mederma without bleeding, that I believe is some hope as well.

Though the recommended dosage is 3-4 times per day generously.. I am at 1 time per day.. hoping to ramp up to 2 times per day.

Also, I would like to ask you... regarding your columella... since you have no pinkish line... do you see ANY line at all there?
Did the flesh there totally bind together as if there were NO cuts at all?
Like SMOOTH skin? Or is there some sign?

One side of my columella is healing faster then the other side. One is pinkish.. one side is closer to skin color.. but I can see the line.. like the flesh didnt stick together.. not smooth... still has a line.

Again.. really thankful you are here.. :heart: