BeautyHacker

I have enough money to have a chin augmentation, but I'm still in school right now and I plan to graduate in Fall 08. I then decide I should do it in the summer, are you back from Korea, Kimosa?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't feel like a big dent, it should smoothly go into your natural bridge. You shouldn't be seeing a bluish green line either. :s

Yeah I'm back already. Make sure you update us on your surgeries later & good luck :tup:

coscrazy, like I have mentioned, I don't read Chinese but I have been lurking between Purse and Singapore Expat forums and if I see a name I look up that surgeon's web site and email them. I can only base my impression and the skill sets of these surgeons on the pictures they have posted, the emails they have correspond with me and the reviews from the aforementioned forums.

Anyways I think Dr. Gao have extensive education experience and the after pictures of his work is really good in my opinion. However I got to admit the rib grafting skill among the Asian doctor is not as appealing as comparing to some of the western surgeons. I have seen some really really good outcome of rib grafting but mostly from patients who have gone to doctors in the States.

Surgery went very well. If you click under my username & lookup all my posts, you'll find my surgery story a few pages back & all the procedures I got. Not so keen on posting my picture but will update the forum with my progress :smile:

Hey Aussie_nose!
I wanted to get the smile makeover here but all the cosmetic dentists I met with here said that they don't like putting veneers on healthy teeth and they don't think my teeth need them. Maybe it's just in my head then but I hate my teeth. lol.

Dr. Chuang recommended a silacone chin implant and open rhinoplasty with the following:
1. Bridge augmentation with a thinner and natural implant
2. Tiplasty with septal cartilage graft
3. Tip defatting and cartilage reposition
4. Alarplasty with nostril reduction
5. Corrective osteotomy

He also recommended tear trough implants because I have these lines that extend from my tear trough and onto my cheek causing a "cheek depression" and lower blepharoplasty for my undereye circles. I decided to stick to just the rhino and chin augmentation for now because having all these implants in my face is kind of freaking me out...plus Kanye West's mom just died from plastic surgery. hehe.

My schedule is pretty open too. End of June/early July works for me as well as a week near the end of April.

Unforunately, I can't speak Mandarin either. I'm Korean...
I can learn how to say 20 and then you will be able to tell everyone your age. :smile:

Kaspy, I don't think that is what Dr. Chuang is saying. I have been doing a bit of homework myself and have been in touch with most of the doctors that are mentioned on this thread. Septal is the piece of cartilage within the tip of your nose and that is use for tip projection. Septal can be use for bridge but most of the time its use for tip projection. Rib cartilage is taken from the 7th rib (front chest) and its use to build your bridge if yours is very low. You can also use ear cartilage to build your bridge but some doctors do not recommend it. Some doctors in particular the Ear, Nose and Throat one will use ear cartilage to build the bridge and so it all depends on who you choose to go with. Hope this clarify it for you.

Hi Kaspy :smile:

Im planning to go to Dr Chuang for my revision (and maybe a few other procedures depending on my finances hehe..) around april but im pretty flexible as long as its after march. Im still corresponding with him but Im almost certain I will have my revision with him. Im korean as well so i dont speak a word of mandarin either.. It'd be great if we could meet up! If aussie_nose can make it earlier around april there's three of us! The more the merrier!

Thanks heaps Gossomer, I do feel a little better after hearing the different opinions and the fact that my nose looks really bad only to me. Oh.. I dont know.. maybe I do have overly high expectation.. maybe I cant be happy with anything.. Im still pretty much dead set on a revision but if its not that bad maybe i should leave it cause Im scared that my nose will look even worse :sad:

Here are pics of my original nose, I just wanted a little more height at the bridge and a smaller and pointier tip. I wanted alar reduction as well but he said I didnt really need it and it wasnt worth having the scar..

Coscrazy, I've looked closely at your 'before' photos and I have to say that I think your original nose was really pretty. Do you have another "front" view photo of your nose now? (preferably in the same angle as the before photo ones).

Without looking at a clearer photo of your nose now, it's hard to say whether your procedure was an improvement...hmmm...I'm really sorry to say this girl (but I think you prefer honesty) I think your original nose looked better. Please post up a clearer photo of your nose now though cause I could be wrong. But just going on the photos you've posted up, I don't know if it's just a bad angle or what...your original nose just looks "softer" and natural I guess.

Again, really sorry to say this and this is just my personal opinion based on limited information. If I were in your shoes, I would probably go ahead with a revision, or at least get my nose back to it was originally.
:heart:

I think her nose after surgery looks better, her original nose tip was round. button-like and looked uneven. The lack of a defined bridge to match the tip made the nose seem to protude more and look like a bulb. After surgery, the tip certainly looks smaller & slimmer. However, this analysis is based only on these 2 pictures. Comparison should be done through similar pictures, taken at the same angle, from the same distance and preferably under similar lighting conditions.

How each nose looks, in context to your face, is a different issue. Your new nose may not provide a suitable fit for your other features or you and your family may simply not be used to your new nose. Took me a while to get used to my new nose as well. I kept thinking i looked better with my old nose although ppl told me the new one looks better.