BeautyHacker

Hello folks,

I just want to share my experience with you guys for "Thank you" very much for all the help and guidance I got from this thread.

I finally got my luggage from the airport and therefore am able to get the battery from it to charge my laptop. Somewhere along the line, my luggage did not arrive in the same aircraft as me and so I was told at the Taiwan China Airline counter that they will get in touch with me when it arrive. Of course I gave them all my hotel information. I was not really worry about it at all since I got the essential items with me at the time. I was picked up by the clinic who arranged a taxi driver and so when I walk out of the airport there was a man waiting me for with my name. I felt really important :smile: but with any good service there is a price to pay J

The Taiwan airport staff crack open my cheap lock to confiscate the fruits (oranges/persimmon)I brought to Taipei, Taiwan :smile: But everything else are in my luggage include my Swiss army knife for fruit cutting. They are very serious about this stuff apparently going into their country. Wow, I wish Canada was that stringent because I was able to brought back a whole bag of fresh cheese (they were pre-wrap already) when I went on a trip to Ecuador J. They actually have sniff dogs to help them wean out the stuff they don't want in their country. I was told by China Airline counter that they X-rayed my luggage and found the fruits in their and hence the reason why they cracked open my bag. Nothing went missing thank goodness. I get the feeling that the governing here is pretty strict and tight.

I don't look all that difference on pictures. But the height of the tip is higher and that is what I really want from this surgery. My nostril is a tad bit uneven but I am not going to fuss over it unless someone tells me that they see my nostrils is uneven and I should consider getting it fix up. But then again, you're not going to look at my nostrils right! Oh the popularity of transportation is motorcycling. I am staying at Deja Vu but my room has no windows apparently. I am going to check with the counter to see if they can find me a room with window tomorrow.

The surgery went really well. I liked the doctor because he did his best to remove the STUFF from my nose. He said the stuff in my nose was NOT silicone. It was something else. I asked him to give it to me so that I can bring it back to Canada to get it tested. He said if he sends it off the lab, it will cost me additional money. I want to go shopping and so I don't want to spend the money doing lab work test here...hehe. The stuff was meshed into my flesh of my nose and so he did not want to extract all them out of my nose, otherwise my skin will be very thin. He did mention that 85-90% is definitely removed. He gave me bag of goodies to go home with to care for my nose. The doctor explained to me how to use the saline and iodine solution. He has good bedside manner and came to check in on me twice and taught me how to use all the cleaning products and packing for my nose. He was a daddy figure for sure but he treated me like his niece really. During my email consultation with him, I posted this question on him to see what is his response :upsidedown: (Question: if I was your niece I want to know what is your recommendation for my situation). I told him that I want to try out Hot Springs after my splint is remove and he laughed but told me that he will have to see about it. I don’t think he was fond of that idea. I find that this doctor does not like to make commitment but when I show him some of the pictures I want my nose to look like he used his computer imaging software make it the nose I want on my face J He then posted in the surgical room to help him. Maybe he did not want to make any promises and disappoint that person if it was not what it turns out to be after surgery, you know what I mean:confused1:. I asked him to show me some of the horror cases he did and it was related to rib grafting. Very scary stuff.

The procedures I undertook was (silicone implant + ear cartilage graft + setal cartlige graft; alar reduction and partial removal of siliconoma)

OK girls, all the best to those who is still contemplating about rhinoplasty. Its really a risk but if you do your research well and long in advance that risk will reduce somewhat.

Happy new year!
w2c

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want2Change - Thanks for your post. Which doctor did you go to btw? Did the doctor give you back some of the previous nose implant to find out what it is? And what is siliconoma? Pictures?

Lots of questions, I know. Best of luck & it seems you are overall happy with your experience. :smile:

So i take it rib grafting is just as uncertain as silicon/gortex then? I guess nothing really safe..

Siliconoma is a medical term for the kind of silicone that the doctors thought I had injected in my nose but word is out, it is not and so I will take the remaining of the stuff from my nose back to my family physician to get it tested. The doctor puts it in a test tube with saline solution (I believe) for me. Since I have been in touch with another forumer concerning her situation of her nose and her outcome sounds promising considering her case was severe as well, I changed the doctor to Dr. Chang instead Dr. Chuang. I did mention his name in one of my thread before. I think if I did not have to battle the odd with my nose, I would have seriously considered Dr. Chuang.

Thank you for your supports.

Want2change

No I would not think that way. The chance of the rib graft warping will be lessen depending on who you go to. I have NO CLUES at all in terms of who to go to in Taiwan since I don't speak nor read the language. Its extremely hard for me to do the homework in that case. Silicone was my next choice since 1) can be remove without any problem 2) no risk of warping 3) less change of extrusion with open surgery and the doctor said he will use suture to fixate the implant and there's a way he does it which will secure it but I don't know the term...something like perioxxx

I look really crappy but hopefully in another couple of day it will be better.

Cheers!
want2change

hahaha yeah that boy really made me smile!

Oh so your cheek depressions look like that too? Its from young right since they were there?
I've had them since I was little.

Hey Want2change,

WOW... Great to hear from you!

Happy to know that everything went well for you! How much did you pay for everything?

I always thought it was a typo error.. so it really is Dr Chang? ahha does he have a website?

Remember to rest more... the swelling will come down really fast. Do the cold compress diligently!

Hey Keenose,
I am doing fine but I look like I have been run over by a truck. No, there is another doctor name Dr. Chang also. He's in mid 50s. He's very conservative and has the experience with the kind of stuff in my nose or stuff that should not be there. I want a healthy nose at the end of the day and so I would rather have that than looking good for now :smile: The price he charges varies because of complication of my nose. However his price is really not that far from Dr. Chuang at the Wish Clinic. He does not have the media exposure as Dr. Chuang thus the price might be less but they are very close. We both hit it off well since he and his family did live in same city where I reside in Canada for a year to do his study at one of the PS clinic.

His web site:

http://www.2youngclinic.com/english.html

I saw something online few days ago, it claims that Dr. Toriumi has some kind of injury that may impair his skill to do rhinoplasty, anybody has any idea if this is true? I remember the girl who used to talk here, I guess her name is summerskin, she had hers done under Dr. Toriumi around the end of summer in 2007, the surgery is really successful since we all saw the pictures she posted here. so, I wonder that injury is recent or long time ago or it's just a rumor. I really want to go to him, if not, I will fly to Japan

hahah yes, dont be alarmed by your looks right now. All that swelling will be gone in no time... be patient.

Let us know when the report of what was in your nose comes out when you are back in Canada?

Does this device actually work? haha I've seen this before...

You could try a clothes peg first? :confused1:

No, I didnt have a revision.. I think you must have read the wrong information.... hmmm

That nose peg thing is not going to work. No one in real life has ever said it would work, and they are well known... Besides, if that worked, than I would also assume that it would be easy for most doctors to sharpen Asian nose tips... However, that is not the case.
If anything, it would soften your nose cartilage and make it mroe bulbous.

And, no, you cannot use that after a rhinoplasty. The nose is way too delicate after surgery... Like any surgery, people can't go around squeezing their surgery spot. Also, high pressure causes cartilage to erode and melt... If anything, it will cause way more harm than good.

People are always hopeful that some easy or quick gimmick will work... but they usually don't at all.