BeautyHacker

For nose:
¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú - BK¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú¿¡ ¿À½Å°É ȯ¿µÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

and eyes:
¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú - BK¼ºÇü¿Ü°ú¿¡ ¿À½Å°É ȯ¿µÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

:yes:

About Goretex implant, I remember Dr.Jung said that it's much harder to shape than sillicone. Depends on the surgeon skills, it may look unnatural probably because the surgeon not used to handling the goretex. For those of you worried about the language barrier, he speaks quite fluent mandarin.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys like to share this, cos i realised alot of us tot Gortex are safe, but it seem that the risk are equivalent to L implant!!! »ó³¡¾ã§Î if u guys know how to read chinese...pls look under 世界級的隆鼻手術.

Now i am super confused!! should i go ahead with the gortex or autologous (where i just learnt this medical term from one of the doc in taiwan, i emailed him about wat are the risk for gortex)

Hopes this helps..

Hey Jedi, thanks for the info on goretex. I can't read chinese (though I can speak it). If you could summarize the article in English, that would be very much appreciated.

I did find a number of scientific studies on the use of goretex for nose augmentation... they all basically say that goretex is pretty safe.

This study followed 137 patients who had goretex implants over 6 years:
Entrez PubMed

"All 137 patients are pleased with their results. CONCLUSION: Gore-Tex is a safe and effective implant material to use in primary and revision rhinoplasty when augmentation is needed and autogenous material is not available or desirable."

This study followed 309 patients over 10 years:
Entrez PubMed

"CONCLUSIONS: Gore-Tex remains an effective implant material for nasal augmentation in rhinoplasty. The complication rate in primary cases is low (1.2%). The risk of infection necessitating removal rises significantly in revision cases (5.4%), where its use may still be desirable but must be weighed more carefully."

If you look at the related links on the right, you'll see a bunch of other studies on the use of goretex for the nose, all saying that goretex is generally safe.

Hey everyone,

I just got back the following reply from Dr. Kim of BK clinic:

How are you?

I prefer to use goretex to make the natural looking nose.

but silicone is also a good implant for nose surgery.

I usually do nose surgery with goretex with ear cartilage graft , or silicone with ear cartilage graft.

you can choose goretex for your nose. Goretex has many advantages. and has disadvantage of softness and relatively low profile.

Thank you

Dr. Kim, Byung Gun, MD,PhD.
BK Plastic Surgery Clinic
www.bkclinic.com
tel: 82-2-544-0404, fax: 82-2-544-0420, email: [email protected]

damn its getting quiet on this thread! it really kinda seems that way to me nowadays..
i guess everyone is either at uni or busy working right now..except for me :sad:

as for the state of everyones quest for a nose job:
dr jung seems to have resurfaced as an option again, though BK seems to be the main choice with maybe Dream as the other clinic and a few ppl seem to be thinking of the US, taiwan and china too. its getting confusing! am i the only one who's losing track of whats going on especially since this thread is like 24 pages long?
so i just wanted to ask you guys who is still interested in going to korea at the end of the yr? and who is doing theirs earlier/somewhere else?
Jez..as the only other guy on this thread..when are you planning to do urs?

btw
is akileez still around? wouldnt mind seeing how other guys plans are going along...im actually getting lonely without other dudes to talk to

and lastly..am cake..im 20!! not 21 ..arrgh!! :cursing: lol jking.. when i was 18 i couldnt wait to be 20..now id prefer to stay at this age for a while!

another thing jez..are you korean?
who recommended you to dr jung? and dr parK @ ozclinic? do you trust their recommendation. not trying to be nosy but thinking maybe i ought to reconsider and revisit those places..

Wgirl, shoe_girl, and I are thinking of going in May in Korea?... so far our first choice is Bk? Not sure, although I have been conversing with Dr. Kim from BK, and he has been very attentive.

These are our plans so far. Anyone want to join; write one of us a quick message.

sorry robinh, i will try to translate or summarize the article tomorrow..

meantime, wan to show u this –ځE•@E—ÖŠsEƒoƒXƒgEŽ‰–b‹zˆøEŽá•Ô‚èE”ü”§Ž¡—Â̔ü—e®Œ`E”ü—eŒ`¬ŠO‰Èƒ”ƒFƒŠƒeƒNƒŠƒjƒbƒN
thinking of going to japan now!! :graucho:

Woo.. Jedi,

Those are nice pictures... but wow... Japan is $$$... they are about the same as the states... meaning 6000-7000 for a nose... AND, those pictures... if you notice, most of those people got more than one thing done... so it's not really fair... like chin, nose... etc... but wow... thanks for sharing the pics... they were still impressive, very good nose jobs!

Hey jas3n! Yup I've lost track too! All I have time to do lately is skim through the threads! Still interested in going at the end of the year, at the mo I'm saving as much as I can until then. I think I'll actively research again during easter, as I feel kinda burnt out taking all this info in and it seems ages until we reach october/nov/dec.... but by the sounds of things its still BK and Dream Clinic.. though its because they are the best places to go that offers english info.

I've been reading the Singapore Expats thread more, starting from where keropi pointed. It's 300+ pages long, so I missed some very negative comments about Dr. Kim's work at BKclinic on my first pass. I know that a number of us are considering him, thinking that his results justify his poor post-op care. The girl that keropi is referring to (named "Rabbit") did eventually like her new nose. But, if you read on, there's this other girl named Leenaaa who feels her nose job got botched by Dr. Kim, along with her eyelid and chin jobs! :wtf:
Singapore Expats Forum - View topic - Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

She even said a friend thought she looked "weird." I feel sooo bad for her. It took her forever to get a reply back from Dr. Kim. For what it's worth, this was her last posting about him...

To everyone,

Still no reply from Dr K. I got fed up and sent a query via the online consultation - I was told that I have to wait 6 months and MAYBE I will have the revision done for free IF I needed it.

Another forum reader who went to BK Clinic also wants to have her nose redone. I am also in touch with another girl I met at BK Clinic, and she is very unhappy with her nose. So that makes 3 of us.

All I can say is that if any of you are considering going to BK Clinic, please think long and hard. I personally wouldn't recommend it (please see all my previous posts on BK Clinic). I wouldn't want any of you to go through what I have been through.

From my earlier post, I did find 2 other ppl in that forum who are happy with their nose jobs by Dr. Kim. So now I'm really not sure about Dr. Kim any more. :confused1: