BeautyHacker

Thanks Jedi! OMG, I'm really impressed with the after pics, too. The changes are so dramatic, and the noses look perfect.

Does anyone know about the quality of PS in Japan? I know that it's mucho expensive, but if you can truly look as good as those after pics... could it be worth the extra $2K compared to Korea?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, I just spent the last couple hours tracking "Rabbit's" experience at BK over a few months. It sounds like she had some major complications--I'm not sure if this can be attributed to normal risks or a problem with the surgery technique. However, it sounds like due to coming from abroad and the hectic hospital, it is very difficult to get post-op care when issues arise. It helps to have someone answer all your questions...I feel really bad for her, because it sounds like from the beginning she had a rough time. They say it's normal to feel really depressed after surgery, but I think she had a rough journey with the infections and everything afterwards too.

She had suspicions that the implant was not gore-tex, as requested. Also she had suspicions that the I implant went all the way to the tip with cartilage as support, rather than the cartilage making the whole tip. Don't think any of these were confirmed.

Not sure how her nose is now, or if she opted for revision by Dr. Jung.

It scares me that infections can present themselves long after surgery!! The threads suggest that even pimples can be a problem.

I'm beginning to reconsider BK....or else maybe I'll only get a tip plasty, no bridge.:shrugs:

Not really.. i've done the sum it actually cheaper then korea! bcos they charge by Yen not USD, hence after conversion, it cheaper for my currencies..

Really seriously thinking really hard going to Japan now.. haha.. Anyone?? :graucho:

Again thanks jedi for the great post... yes the results do look impressive.. maybe we should investigate PS in Japan and I would be prepared to pay extra. If we do consider going to Japan the cost of living there is also quite expenisive, so this will have impact on us that wish to stay in accomodation for up to 2 weeks.

Having said that I bet the more research we done in surgery in Japan we're going to find something to put us off like OzClinic and now BK. We've still got a good couple of months to weigh out the pros and cons and hopefully we'll find something for us all :smile:

Lets keep researching!! Good job guys and gals"!!!

Hey Robinh, you know you said a few ppl you knew werent happy with their new noses done at BK clinic, do you know what they were unhappy about? was the tip not pointy enough for them? or was it the other way round and it was too pointy and unatural? Was it asymetrical? Could it be that they had really high expectations? Thanks!

Yes i do agreed! we should consider japan too! let keep the option open.. i will try to do more research on Japan. wat i am worried is the language barrier.. been there, they really cant speak english! anyone know jap here?? mabe can help to email the doc for more info..
I only knew that they have 3 outlets so far in jap.

I don mind to go japan.. cos no matter how they have the best technology in the world! :wlae:

This is interesting...
I know that people from Japan and China travel to Korea just for plastic surgery...
the thing about Dr. Kim... for rabbit, her friend in Hong Kong said that there was no surgeon in Hong Kong that could have made such a nice nose... so he was indeed skilled, but it sounds like he's just so arrogant and money hungry that sometimes, he doesn't care... that sucks. BK is like a gamble... it has the potential of really good...
I still would like to go to Korea though... in my opinion, their style is much better... but that's just my opinion.
If I could get in contact with anyone, I would like to go to Jelim... :sad:

Most importantly, I think is that after you find a skilled dr. you need to make him think that it is to his benefit to try hard... from my past experience. This is why people should NOT go alone.

Hey keropi, this girl consulted w/ a Dr. in Singapore (Dr. Huang?) after having her surgery w/ Dr Kim. The Singapore doctor said that the implant Dr. Kim put in her nose was crooked to the right, too long, too thick, and the tip was droopy. She also had her eyelids and chin done by Dr. Kim, and was told her eye openings were asymmetrical and that the crease she wanted would be barely visible even though she had requested a medium height crease. She also underwent epicantoplasty, which didn't make her eyes look any better, but left scars. As for her chin, it was uneven and the stitches were not done right in her mouth, so there was a chance they would break. She was in tears when she was told all this, and couldn't afford revision surgery. :sad:

This is only what I read, and it's the worst horror story I've come across about Dr. Kim, so please take it w/ a grain of salt. She later deleted most of her postings in that forum, so I don't know whether she changed her mind, got sued for slander, and/or the results turned out fine after she gave her face more time to heal (like the Rabbit girl).

Surgery in Japan. Hmm. Sounds like the bandwagon effect has taken place, lol. Japan is a great place that one day I'd like to study at. But just because the currency is in yen doesnt mean its cheaper. You could have one million yen but whats the value of it? What can you buy with it and how does it compare to your own currency? Get my drift here "jedi"?

Secondly, meowgirl is right. Trying to get a place in Japan would probably cost a LOT. I'm a poor student, cant afford it. xD Lol.

Though I must say...those results look really good.

I know where u coming from numberlinh. if u can look at the price that they state on the website for nose job is 315,000 Yen after conversion is only USD 2514.40 compare to Dr Kim USD5000 and above?! I know their standard of living is high in Japan.. for ur info, korea standard of living is not low either.. so if japan has beta techno and i prefer shopping in japan den korea why not rite?? :graucho:
but anyway, don close ur option til last min, i will do more research and share it with u guys! :yes:

The war of Plastic surgery Korea vs Japan!! hohoho.. :boxing:

Meantime, enjoy the Korean and Japan transformer.. hehehe... ŠØ‘—L–¼l®Œ`ŽÊ^-1