BeautyHacker

I was looking to consulting with Dr. Toriumi in Chicago but he is Charging like $20,000:s.

Hope all went well with your surgery! I am sure you'll look great!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mizliz,

Me too considering whether to go OZ or Wishclinic. Conteplating nose job & double eye-lid. You could email me at [email protected] (note: unscore symbol btw sea & laven) to share infor. I'm planning to have this done in Mar 08

Lady1Import,

Is it going to be primary or revision? When is your appointment? Mine is in June. Still a long wait for me. I'm almost death-set with Dr T unless he's charging me more than my allocated budget. :smile:

Aww, thank you. That's very sweet!!!

A Korean friend of mine whose family owns a modeling agency in Seoul says that they bring all of their models to BK with Dr. Kim for their surgeries. :P I find it hilarious that he said the two main things they look for in the "raw materials" of models are: 1) HEIGHT and 2) the ability to endure pain from the surgeries.

Good luck girls... you'll soon have modelesque looks. :tup:

I am going for a primary. I live in Florida so I am still kind of hestiant to go consult with him if I already know his surgery cost are way out of my budget. $5,000 I can deal with but $20,000:crybaby:. I love his work though and from what I have read about him he seems like a thorough and great beside manner physician.

Good luck on your consult, let me know how everything goes.

Have you had the surgery yet? If so did you have it done by Dr. T or another surgeon. I am still researching doctors but so far I like Dr. T I just wish he didn't charge so much. But I guess his talent makes up for the cost. I also heard that Dr. Jack Gunter in Texas was good also but he charges around the same amount.

quick update: My nose and eyelids are still swollen. Left eye is doing better, the skin is tighter and the red is less apparent. Nose tip is starting to look a little too narrow and pointy to me, we'll see what happens at the 1 month mark. by the way i started off with a flat, bulbuious wide nose.

Epi scars are starting to show.. guess this is a indication that it's healing. I'm gonna start using neosporin and press the scars to minimize it.

by the way dr. chuang gave me a partial 1 cm incision in the middle of my eyelids, said my skin texture was good so i didnt need a full one. This happen to anyone else?

I don't know how to react to that because i asked for a full incision, he didn't take out any skin, fat or muscles either. Just literally cut the skin to create a crease. It's no big deal, cuz i will go back for a revision if I don't get the parallell crease i asked for at the 6 month mark.

I'd rather something happen to my eyes than nose cuz if the crease is too low or too tapered i could always change it and the healing won't be as tedious. But if something happens to my nose that'll cost me both more trauma to my nose area and lots of money to have another doctor fix it.

So is the general consensus on the board is that Dr. Charles Lee (CA) is too expensive? I'm already in CA and I think the cost of overseas travel (as well as the excuses to my fiance) would be too much to think about.

I would pursue bridge height work (no alar) and perhaps epi (I already have the double fold) from Dr. Lee. Can anyone recommend other websites that have testimonials about Dr. Lee's work?

lol i not 100% sure but as of now i'm really planning to go to Japan in the next spring semester, like i said...i hope 3 months away from my family will give me enough time to heal.:supacool:

Just here to help out everyone! U know surgery is tricky, especially with patients testimonials because everyone has diff reactions.

I don't make a big deal out of things and I'm a positive thinker so if anything goes wrong I know I can fix it and because dr.chuang offers free or discounted revision depending why you need to get it revised.

THen you got ladies that get neurotic over EVERYTHING. Like eyes for instance. If one is bigger than the other it's because one is more swollen than the other and it's called uneven swelling. So don't rely solely on other peoples posts and experiences when you determine your doctor.

I can't say Dr.Chuang is not the best doctor in the world. I don't think there is such doctor. You just gotta find the best doctor for YOU. dr toriumi offers real high and pointy noses, so if that's your taste, then thats the doctor for you.

Dr CHuang will give you a nose that is natural looking yet improved. So I decided to go with him and so far im happy with my choice.

Side note: before surgery REMEMBER to clarify what will be done to your face. Know what kind of silicone, know what will be removed from your eyelids. Know what kind of cartilage will be used for your nose and if there is a possibility that there will be some used from your ear or not. You want to know everything, and agree on it. Have it written down on a piece of paper and have both parties sign. If anything goes wrong and the dr did something he was not supposed to do then you got something to use against him.

beauty07, you said your nose is starting to look a little narrow and pointy now, would you say that it still looks fairly natural as compared to your previous nose? Because I have quite a bulbous tip also and I'll be getting an alarplasty as well, but I'm worried it will look too fake since it is wide to begin with. Do you think using the ear cartilage would provide a much natural results for the tip?

Thanks so much, hope you're recovering really well there! :smile:

Aussie_nose,

Just wondering if you're still around? Haven't seen you for few days now, wondering if you're interested to go together since I'll be going to Dr. Chuang in July too. Let me know ya? Or you can PM me if you want coz I can't pm yet I think. Thanks! :smile: