BeautyHacker

thanks lady1mports! how much does breast implants usually cost? if you get breast implants, doesn't that mean you need to get it done every 10-20 years until your old?! :oh: which procedure for the incision is better? [the crease fold, nipple area, or armpits] at what age do you think its best to get implants that looks natural?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure yet? I'm still waiting for his email b/c I want some assurance that he might be the doctor I'm looking for. His name has been popping up in this forum as a pretty good doctor. I want to be confident that he might not screw me over with a horrible nose. I have a really round face with chubby cheeks, and a really low bridge and wide nose with round tip. I was planning that if he replies, I might send a head shot picture for an online consultation. But , I don't know yet.:sad: I was wondering, who did you go to get your nose job done? Also, do you know how much he charges if you need a revision? Thanks!

Also, if you get huge breast implants and you are a bit petite, it might pull you down. It could lead you to bad back problems in the future. On average, women these days are B cups if you want it to look natural. I hope this might help!

Sassygirl, I know what you mean about having obvious fake boobs.. thats what im taking into consideration as well with my boobs. I think a C for me would be perfect as I want to have slightly bigger than average. I think a B would just be very natural.. like very very natural. so I supopse it really depends on the look you're going for.

Dr. Tseng quoted rhino for 2000 USD, and cohesive gel implants 5000-5500 USD. He also said operating time would be approximately 5 hours. i know that in North America though, they will charge you anywhere from 6000-8500 (or more) for the cohesive gel implants.

Jasmine, I'm still waiting for Dr.Chuang too!!!! I emailed him on March 9th, and recently sent him another email asking him to reply to my first one! he said hes been really busy, and would write back within 2 days on his time off. I'm so curious as to what his recommendations are!

I don't think the breast implants would cause back problems unless they were reallllyy out of proportion with your body though. like being 110lbs and getting double D's could probably cause back problems lol.. but it really does depend. I think that the method most doctors will use for cohesive gel implants will be under the crease of your breast bc they need to make a larger incision. With saline, they would probably make an smaller incision in the nipple or armpit area.

To me they look natural but I am the kind of girl that loves DD's and I am really tiny and skinny. so I guess it depends on what natural looks to the individual. Some people can tell they are fake others can't even tell. I don't look like a slut. It's how you carry yourself with the fake big boobs.

Implants in the US will cost you $5400-$10000. Depending on the surgeon and what type of implant you get. The actual saline implant alone is $800-$1000, actual silcone implant alone will cost $1500-$1800 alone. that does not even include surgeons fees, anesthesia, and OR fees.

The surgeon can do incision on the nipple if you want to get silicone. Just keep in mind your incision will be bigger with a silicone implant.

I am glad to see everyone is doing their research before jumping in for surgery.

Extremely big implants can cause back problems and sagging in the future, so choose wisely.

Lady1mports, if you get breast implants, doesn't that mean you need to get it done every 10-20 years until your old? :s

Does anybody know any good doctors that specialize in rhinoplasty and alarplasty? Could you post some of their websites? If possible, do you know how much they usually charge in USD? Thanks! :upsidedown:

hey, I've recently found this forum and I thought I would share some of my experiences. I got a nose job in China about 2 years ago in Shanghai 9th people's hospital, supposedly one of the better ones, I didn't really research which doctor or anything and I just went and got it. The doctor put in a L shaped silicone implant. (there were some sketchy parts of the surgery that I won't go into but 9th hospital would not be the place you wanna go if u want attention and care)
Everything was fine, kind of, for a year or so, the tip of my nose was always a bit sensitive and i didn't really dare to touch it or hit it much, which sucks if you think about how you have to live with it for your whole life. Then this past september or so, i started noticing how the tip of my nose seemed very pointy (the nose job gave me a pretty pointy nose but i meant like the tip seemed to be pressed) and turns white when i smile or strain my face. Apparently the implant slid down slowly and now is pushing against the tip of my nose and causing the skin there to thin. This also is apparently a common problem which is why many do nose jobs in 2 parts now.
Anyway, i've been looking for a doctor to take out my implant and do a 2 part correction surgery, I am in school, so it will have to be summer and soon! I dont' want my nose to break, lol.

To ellebella123: I also got a consultation with dr. kwan in nyc recently and while he seemed qualified and the conditions seemed a lot better than shanghai, he was really hurried and didn't answer all my concerns and i wasn't really sold on his methods either. Can you email me at [email protected] so I can ask you some specifics about Kwan's nose job methods? thank you so much for your input.

As to your question about mandibular and zygoma reduction, i think those are pretty big surgeries, 2 weeks might be pushing it, and also, a lot of problems could arise...i've heard of uneven jaws and massive bleeding, so definitely find a good surgeon.

anyhow, I really don't want to keep messing with my nose. I need someone who can do it right or at least as properly as possible this 2nd time. Since there seems to be so few definitely qualified surgeons in NY, or even in the US (I am open to suggestions if any of you gals had similar experiences and can give me a name) I am also thinking about maybe doing it in Taiwan or Beijing or Shanghai, but absolutely in a private practice. There are some in Beijing i've been looking into, but I have no idea how they are until i go, which is FAR AWAY, and also one place said they won't replace it immediately but will make me wait 6 months, which is super inconvenient...err anyway, this is the time to have a plastic surgeon in the family. sorry for writing such a long reply.

Dr. Chuang finally emailed me back!!! :upsidedown: I thought I'd share:

To correct these problems I will suggest you to take open rhinoplasty. There are several procedures including in this surgery like:
Bridge augmentation with silicone implant: to make your bridge more higher. You can just use silicone implant to creat a natural bridge. However if you want very high bridge like caucasian look you should use Goretex.
Tiplasty with septal cartilage graft: to creat a defined tip with good anterior projection
Tip defatting procedure: to make a smaller/triangle tip
Alarplasty with nostril reduction: to make a smaller ala/nostril
We charge USD2000 for the whole surgery with silicone implant and USD2300 for augmentation with Goretex.

Breast augmentation:
Actually this is one of the most popular surgery in our clinic. We have more than 400 cases in one year. You should have to do breast massage for 3~6 months if you want a natural, soft and beautiful breast. Now we provide two kinds of breast augmentation in using cohesive gel implants:
Transaxillary sub-pectoral method: needs aggressive breast massage but suitable for skinny asian girls. We charge USD5700 for the whole surgery and aftercare. The operation time will be within 2 hours.
Peri-areolar sub-fascial method: more easy taking care with less breast massage(short duration). However it will look unatural if you want a bigger bust(OVER American cup sizeC). That means we have some enlargement limits of breast if you choose this surgical method. We charge USD5900 beause you will have a longer operation time and general anasthesia.

I only use Mentor or Mcghan(Inamed) implants because they have the best quality in the world. The price inlcudes post-op medications, follow-up, 5 times of breast massage course(one hour/time/day) by our well-training staff, and 10 years warranty of implant itself. You should have better staying here for 10 days to complete the whole treatment.

You can find the hotel we recommand on this page: http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/contact_3.htm
As I know the room rate will be around USD60 per day. If you need us to book the hotel please just send us the copy of flight ticket and VISA and my staff will do that for you.

I will quote you a package price if you decide to take them both in one time surgery. If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know anytime.

Jimmy Chuang
the director of WASC
http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/

All I really wanted to know was the price hehe. finally satisfied my curiosity though, after what feels like a year. This makes me want to get it done so badddd :cry:

OMGOSH! ARE YOU SERIOUS, I EMAILED HIM 3-4 weeks ago!! AND I STILL DIDN'T GET ANY REPLIES!!! Can you help me translate each line on this website?

http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/contact_2.asp

B/c all I get are backwards ????; when I first emailed him I used a translation website, but now I can't find that site anymore. :sad: What's the difference between a open and a closed rhinoplasty?! I don't think you should get breast implants in Taiwan b/c it costs about the same amount in the states AND it will cost you more for hotel, air tickets, food, etc. But, that's just my opinion. What if you need to get a revision, you know what I mean. I don't know.:Push: Do you know any other rhinoplasty doctors? [that does a really good job] If you don't mind me asking, did you do a online consultation and what kind of nose do you have that applies to that procedure? Thanks! :P

Hello all, I've been visiting this forum regularly for 4 months, and its been a great help since i am planning to undergo cosmetic surgery in the near future like many people here. I plan to have read the thread from front to back a minimum of 50 times by the time i am ready to fly overseas. ( or stay here , you never know )

So i have one question here for all ladies who have undergone double eye lid surgery:

In your opinion, can double eyelid surgery help you achieve an overall harmony between your facial features? (i.e. do your slightly bigger eyes make your nose look a little more proportioned, or smaller compared to the rest of your face?

Because i am looking for a subtle look, and i want the least amount of surgery and the least invasive procedures possible and if double eye lid surgery can make my nose look even just alittle bit smaller than it is now im willing to go for that.
Also,

is there such thing as eye widening surgery, where they can increase the width of your top lid or over all eye?

Thank you so much and any reply is greatly appreciated.

i think the laser helps, but the doctor you go to have to be very detail oriented. the spots that was lasered improved, but my doc missed lots of small spots. my alar area was swollen as if i had gotten them cut and resized for like a week. it costed me like 400$ for 10% improvement, so i don't know if it's worth it...

omg i forgot to mentioned....lol. i can't help laughing when i mentioned this.. but one of you guys posted a link of a website about skincare and scar minimizing techniques.. Needling or dry tattoo needling supposedly help fade scarring, and i tried my own version of it using a sewing needle just scatching the surface of my stitch marks, because i was too scarred to poke the needle an inch into the area and making it bleed (the correct way i guess.) The area that I messed around with turned red and screamed LOOK AT ME lol!, then i applied acne medication on the area, two days later the skin started to peeling. I don't think anyone can really see a difference yet, but it kinda help calm my anxiety since i'm not able to see my doc yet. I thought I'd share that random experience with y'all..by the way this is not to encourage anyone else to try what i did, I'm just sharing my personal experience.

Sorry off topic but your user id mad me laugh.:lol::lol::lol: It means something in my countries language.

I know what it means, it was on purpose ^____^
I couldnt think of a name lol...

Jasmine,

I emailed him at the beginning of the month.. but he's known for taking a while to reply to emails anyway. I don't know how to read the website at all! which is so hard, but I basically went to the 'contact us' tab at the top of the website, clicked on the 2nd item that shows up, entered my name in the first box and email in the second box, and then my msg. I did this to remind him to reply! lol..

A closed rhino is when they dont cut open your nose I believe.. I dont really know how to explain it, but try to google it and you can see some virtual videos. Closed rhinos are more difficult though because it's like working in the dark. Some ps's like to do their rhinos open since they can see what they're doing and many can do a better job this way. It would take less healing time I would imagine with a closed rhino. But as I said, google it! theres probably lots of info in this thread too, so just use the search function to get more info.

I wanted to get the breast augmenation with Dr.Chuang because apparently he's known for this procedure. He says in his email that its the most popular procedure at his clinic, so if he does it about 400 times a year, that would be a lot of experience he has. Since I would be doing the rhino as well, I would do the breast augmentation at the same time, and he said he would be able to quote me a package price for both once I've decided. I'm still waiting for Dr.Tseng to reply to my email as well.. so I'm not set on a PS yet -not that I'm going anytime soon! I just need to know as much as I can.

Dr.Chuang said my nose was flat, short with a round tip. That makes me so sad !! lol.. I know it is, but to hear it from someone else just confirms my insecurities. :Push: