BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here. I've never had plastic surgery and have never had any consultation, so I don't know much... hence please educate me lol:

To introduce myself, I've been thinking about getting rhino since I was 16 (I'm 21 now), but my mom is the anti-everything type of person. She's very 'au naturel' but that's cuz she's naturally beautiful and I think she doesn't understand me, ie a person w/ imperfect facial features...

I like the height of my nose, which is western-looking imo... my question is what do you guys mean when you say a western nose and asian nose? besides the height of the nosebridge, I'm not quite sure if I understand what are the other differences... Or maybe pix would help lol

My other question is, since I'm satisfied with the height of my nose and just want to have a pointier end and narrower nostrils, what kind of surgery should I get? open/closed? also will the doc need to have to shave or break my cartilage?

As for prices, I'd like to know if on average Canada where I am is less expensive than USA (I tend to think yes)? Is there anyone who can recommend a good surgeon to me in Canada?

Thanks so much!

Hi SassyGrl,

You know for the entire 2 weeks I was in Taipei, I was always soooo worried about my parent's reaction when I get back home, that I didn't 'enjoy' my new nose too much. I was always wondering when it would get more natural, when would I not look so Eurasian looking. (5 days after the Op, I took photos of myself and freaked myself out. I looked seriously Eurasian, and I thought my dad would kill me if i went home like that)

But now that the swelling has gone down, and I look more Chinese again, I can say, Yeah, I like my new nose :smile: It is a nice petite nose, with a gentle slope (not the straight bridge type), and a nice tip. I am in the process of putting up pics... probably will take some time...

My close friend has seen me, and she just went on and on about how different I look. Today I met my cousins, and they all say that it is well done, and I look prettier (finally the word 'prettier'!), so I'm pretty pleased :smile:

Hi,

Well, to me, I think he's great. Very caring and gentle, his nurses were also very nice. But then I think we share the same sense of aesthetics, and I like his work. So the doctor I think is good, might not be good for everyone. The procedure costs 60 000nt, and I think you can check out his website (I posted it a few pages back) to check out his work. As for his style, I think he will do what he feels is best for you (with your consent of course!) In fact, if you read his website, he wrote that Taiwanese girls shouldn't aim for Korean actresses noses, because those are too high, and it doesn't suit Southern Chinese faces, which should go for a more delicate (xiu qi) nose. So it's not a matter of Asian or Western...

WOW cielo!!! your nose looks so nice and natural!!! I'm no expert on the healing process, but it doesn't look fresh from surgery at all! I really want my procedure done now eeek :Push: I was wondering if you just got the bridge and tip or did you also do alar as well?

Hi vicvic, If you are from Vietnam, have you gone to Bacsitu.com to consult about Korean Nose Surgery? I heard that she was trained with Dr. Jung and her work are very asthetic (unlike Vietnamese silicone implant Nosejob from other doctors in the past). I don't think Dr. Jung does Facial Contouring, although you could check out BK Clinic, Dr Kim and Ozclinic... You could see some before and after pics there...

As for Eyes, a lot of my younger sister's friend, all are rich girls and models in Vietnam, they went to Dr. Thang in VietPhap Hospital... and they all did the stitches (bam mi mat) and it was so natural but only temperaly...

I'm going to be working in Danang for a Month in May, so I am going to consult BacsiTu and see...

Good luck on your search for beauty

hey cielo!

i went to dr.tseng too back in August, and I made a few posts on this thread back then too. Haven't been on in a while, and just wanted to say congrats and your nose looks great! I am 8 months post op now and everything is good so far. and don't worry, your nose will look really really different from how it looks now 6 months down the line. I think my nose really "shrunk" lol now that i look back on my pics.

is anyone else considering a cheekbone reduction? it's about 5K in seoul, but i would prefer to go to the doctor who has done it the most. anyone know one? does anyone know who performs the procedures on the celebrities? there must be agents and stylists who have contracts with certain clinics, but so few people talk about it so it is harder for regular folk to know who to trust :sad:

anyone who has had the procedure have before and after pics?

hiromi, can you send me your pics please, I am seriously considered dr. Tseng [email protected]

Tips for newbies:

1. If u have latin-ish features (south asian), go for a higher crease.. it'll be a good look, if not, opt for a smaller one.
2. Most people that complain about their noses being too high is cuz their faces were too flat (no offense to anyone), and the nose just didn't fit in.. however, if u already have a 3D face and a FLAT nose, u can get away with 4mm. I have a 3D face and my nose was so flat, and i only added 3 mm which i now regret.. i'm going back for a revision only to add a higher implant.
3. For bigger eyes try medial and lateral epi, they made a HUGE difference on me.