BeautyHacker

Another thing.. for post-op care of ur nose use hydrogen peroxide and q-tips to gently clean ur nose.. this dis-infects the area and helps prevent infection.. i wish i knew about this before having suspicions about an infection in my nose.

U know there's lots of things doctors in Asia will not thoroughly tell u about. Like not bending over after surgery, how to properly clean and dis-infect the area and other do's and don'ts..

Anyone interested in a complete list let me know I have tons of info gathered.

I'm just mad I wasn't more careful and didn't use the info I had myself on how to go thru a succesful rhino. I guess I got too comfortable ;-/, well it's still early let's hope all is well...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting on this forum but I've been lurking here for a while.

I've been considering a second rhinoplasty procedure lately. My first rhinoplasty was done in the Philippines in 2005. The cost was about $1500, including general anesthesia. My nose before the first rhino just looked a little flat with not enogh bridge and tip definition and wide nostrils.

I tried to accept my new nose at first, but the length of the implant has been bothering me. It looks too long for my face and I can see this vertical bulge between my eyebrows.

For the second procedure, I would like to get a shorter implant along with slight tip definition and nostril reduction. The work done on the noses at this Japanese clinic look amazing:

http://www.veriteclinic.com/treatment/e_nose/01.html

Anyone familiar with this this clinic or know a surgeon with similar work? I looked up Dr. Jung and came across this site:

http://iaanclinic.com/

but I don't if this is the right one...

Have you checked with Dr Chuang about this? If you cant wait, you can call his office to get a fast answer.

There were times I suspected I had an infection too, but turns out be pimples.. OR... pus drainage due to improper cleaning... but after sometime, it goes away.

Is there any liquid coming out?

Good luck....:heart:

No, no liquid. I just have dull pain in the tip area from time to time. It happens so fast I don't really notice it unless i really pay attention. I just tend to make a big deal out of risky things like this so better be safe than sorry.. they told me to call back so i will in 15 min. Thanks for the good luck wishes,

btw keenose, how many times did u get ur nose done? and if u had it more that one time did u feel like it was more succesful the second and third? and did u have more swelling.complications etc with revisions?

Hello and welcome! Who did your first Rhinoplasty in the Philippines? Do happen to know how much the doctor in Japan is charging? I looked at the website and I like what the results are. Thanks in advance.:heart:

Beauty07,

My nose looks natural in all lights. In fact, I went to my eyelid doctor at like 8 months? and he and his nurse thought my nose was a naturally pretty nose. They asked me if there was any more questions, so I pointed to my nose. And, they both ssaid that my natural nose was pretty already. The nurse told me to not be greedy... lol... so it's done really well. After I told him that there was silicone in it, he felt my nose and said that it was a very good job.

you can blow your nose and pick it after 3 months...

Anyway, I used to be concerned about risks such as extrusion etc. But, I've consulted with many doctors both in person and over email. They all told me not to worry and chances are that my nose is going to be fine. If, however, it does get infected or start to extrude, they say that the signs would be obvious. Then, you just have to take care of it instead of waiting for months. So, really, given the fact that I'm really happy with the look of my nose, and I've never had any issues with the implant or see any signs of problems, and the fact that I have a lot of docs that tell me that it was done well and should stay in, I'm not really worried.

As for your questions. I don't know a lot of the answers. However, always aim for the least revisions possible. The internals of the nose gets weaker after each operation and you risk collapse... and all this stuff...

Lady1mport,

I honestly don't remember the name of the doctor. I got mine done at a beauty spa/cosmetic surgery center called Helena's in Manila. So the doctor who worked on my nose did not have a clinic of his own. The pricing at Verite Clinic (the Japan one) can be found here:

http://www.veriteclinic.com/prices.html

But I can't view the name of the procedure because all I see is a bunch of "???????????" on the website. By looking at the numbers alone, I'm guessing they charge about the same amount as cosmetic surgeons in the US.

beauty,

have you read jang's experience on http://www.flowerpod.com.sg/forums/i...post&p=1648273? she posted it on the last page of this forum, and I think that she had the same bump as well. she explains her whole experience with removing the implant, which infected her nose. I definately think you should call Dr.Chuang up and send him some photos to see, as he takes a really long time to write back.

Goodluck with everything... it must be really hard, but try not to focus on it too much! maybe you could go shopping? lols :flowers:

I'm Filipina and I want a nose job too. let me know who you decide to go to. I rather have my nose done in the states but I wouldn't mind getting a nose job in Japan cause I have family there.

I never experienced pain at the TIP... it was just sensitive to touch.. but not painful when not touched...

They might send you antibiotics to be safe I think.. then if the pain persists.. then maybe it could mean something else.
Nevertheless, please get hold of someone from the clinic to talk to.

I only did my nose 1 time......
And I hope its my last.
so far so good... :yes:

*side track*... does anyone feel that your bridge is lighter in color and the sides of the bridge is darker in color?

I feel that when I look from frontal, the bridge is lighter and the sides surrounding it is dark... this is only at the area between the eyes and downwards slightly.

I feel like using concealer to make it look lighter....

but anyways, is it supposed to be like this? :confused1:

keenose,

My nose is pretty uniform in color. Unless face forward, It is lighter on the bridge just because that's natural when you have a good bridge... because your bridge makes shadows.
I know you used goretex instead of silicone. Dr. Chuang told me in consultation that when old people get goretex... if they put their fingers on their bridge and stretch out the skin, you will see a whitish hue. But, I've never heard of this as being an issue for anyone. I'm sure it's not noticeable.