BeautyHacker

Hello everyone.
I'm new here... obviously.
I've been reading this thread for a day or two now. I can't really read the entire 328 pages but I did read a good chunk of everything both from the most recent entries to the older ones. I've been doing a lot of research and I plan on getting a nose job. I have the typical non-existent bridge and piggy nose and I hate it extremely.
I plan on getting deepen double eyelid surgery [since I do have double eyelids but my eyes are still not that big] along with a jawline surgery [because I have a round face and I would like a thinner slimmer face]
I'm still researching and I actually don't plan on getting surgery for 2-4 years but I was wondering how much everything would cost [range wise] so I could start saving up.
I keep reading about Dr. Jung and Dr. Charles Lee from the U.S. But they're both highly expensive and considering I want 3 surgeries..
I was wondering what surgeon would be best for the 3 surgeries in regards to both price and skills.
Would it make sense to stay in the US and find a US doctor [such as Dr. Lee] or go to Korea?

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most surgeons will give you some sort of discount for doing all 3 procedures at once. You can check Dr Lee's website for pricing (www.asiancosmeticsurgery.com).
As for making your face less round, Botox may be all that you need. In my case, I started exercising and dieting for 2 years before my surgery. I lost ALOT of fat on my face and that helped make it look less round. But after I got botox to the jaw and the chin implant, my face looks more angular, slimmer, and more refined. Bone shaving is a complicated and painful procedure, not to mention very expensive (around $8000). There are alot of risks involved since the face has so many nerves. Your doctor will evaluate your face and determine which method you will most benefit from during your initial consultation.

Since there will be implants involved in your rhinoplasty, it is always more convenient to get the surgery in the States in the event that you develop a complication later on. Dr Lee is an excellent doctor who is very skilled so there is less chance of complications. I hear Dr. Jung is also very reputable. He would have been the doctor I would have gone to had I decided to get my surgeries done in Korea. I just didn't feel comfortable traveling overseas to another country to have a major surgery and then have to worry about recovering in a foreign land...too much stress.

A non existent bridge??huh? Is it like from an accident?

And about your travel, flight fees, food accomodation will cost the same as a couple of procedures here in North America.
NVm the inconvenience factor.

Heres my doc, http://www.drjosephwong.com/facial.php
Its in Canada, He has decent work.

Thank you very much for the informative reply. I do plan on exercising and dieting for the 2 years before surgery [maybe 4 depending on when I get the money] but I'm pretty sure my face is naturally round. I'll probably talk with the doctor about botox vs bone shaving since you make it seem like the botox is a much better choice. I have a question, is it significant? The change that is, with botox? How much slimmer did your face get? I really like the face shapes of the Korean actresses. By the way, how much as the chin implant?

Did you go to Dr. Lee by the way?

Oh no.. It was just a saying. I do have a bridge but it's so small that it might as well be non-existent. Sorry for the confusion.
So it makes sense to do the procedures in North America? However, it seems to me like the Korean PS are more skilled and will more likely give me the results I'd want?

Yes, I went to Dr Lee. I love my results.
The Botox made a noticeable difference for me. I thought it would be subtle but my friends noticed how slim my face looks now. They think the difference is remarkable.
I wouldn't be surprised if those Korean actresses had botox to the jaw. I'm Korean and most Korean people have pretty square jaws naturally. The chin implant was $4000

My lipo didnt make much difference so im considering botox.. how long does it last.. 3 months?

Dr Lee said up to 9 months. It may wear off sooner for people who grind and clench their teeth at night during sleep, like me. For some people, it can be permanent. You won't know which category you will fall under until you have it done. It's been over 3 months for me and my face is still slim. I hope it doesn't wear off because I really like how my face looks now. It really goes well with my thinner new nose.

You will need 2 injections about one month apart. Dr Lee did both doses at once since I was from out of town. It costs close to $1000 for the series of injections.

Thanks for the quick reply, I doubt I can afford to go to US again but I am curious!

yep. It was by Dr. Charles Lee.

Does anyone have thin dorsal skin and have gortex implant for the nose? I am wondering if the light shadow over dorsum will be seen using gortex after the surgery?

I think she looks great. Very glamorous. I think she already pretty to begin with.
I hate how Americans think that Asians get plastic surgery to look more white. It seems like African-americans get the most offended. Tyra Banks had the same reaction as Montel. So can we argue that Ashlee Simpson was trying to look more Asian because her surgery gave her a smaller nose?

Heys,

I so understand how you feel justthisgirl!! I have a super LOW bridge and the worst part is that I have a bulbous tip with a bit wide-ish nostrils! :s I feel so embarrassed to try on eyeglasses/sunglasses because theres a gap for where the bridge part of the glasses should be.

I've seen the pics of the before & after patients on some sites and most of them have a decent height & tip before surgery so the outcome looks better. Theres barely any pics of people who have low bridges with bulbous tips. Most of the after pics don't look that great because all they do is give the patient height to their noses but it's still bulbous. :hrmm:

Does anyone have the same problem as I do and got it done? Did you like your outcome? Do you have any before & after pics? Thanks! :upsidedown:

I agree.. I switched from glasses to contacts because of my issue and the glasses always slipped down anyway. And I rarely wear sunglasses [despite living in Sunny San Diego!].

And.. yeah... I want to ask the same question.. from what I noticed.. the patients have decent noses [just an enhancement is needed] but for noses like ours.. the change is too subtle.. I really want those asian celebrity/model noses but not sure if it'll even look natural because it'll be too much to do? I hope someone has done it and had good results =/.

I don't get it either.. it's always "they're trying to look more white!" I think the look is great [and people can argue that I'm too warped by westernized beauty but I don't agree!] and people still look asian! I mean.. all those asian celebrities who had surgery.. even if its "western"ish features, they still look asian to me.. just more glamorous and elegant, most don't even look mixed/white at all. I think a smaller facial shape and larger eyes and thinner nose is just the more "global" ideal for looks but just so happen that not as many asians have these features! My two good friends have the "nose" and face shape and they didn't go through surgery! And I have plenty of asian friends with big eyes naturally [and none of them are mixed! They don't even LOOK mixed despite having these features]. So asians CAN naturally have these features! It's just rarer.. =/. I don't think we're trying to be another race.. -_-;

I don't get it either.. it's always "they're trying to look more white!" I think the look is great [and people can argue that I'm too warped by westernized beauty but I don't agree!] and people still look asian! I mean.. all those asian celebrities who had surgery.. even if its "western"ish features, they still look asian to me.. just more glamorous and elegant, most don't even look mixed/white at all. I think a smaller facial shape and larger eyes and thinner nose is just the more "global" ideal for looks but just so happen that not as many asians have these features! My two good friends have the "nose" and face shape and they didn't go through surgery! And I have plenty of asian friends with big eyes naturally [and none of them are mixed! They don't even LOOK mixed despite having these features]. So asians CAN naturally have these features! It's just rarer.. =/. I don't think we're trying to be another race.. -_-;[/quote]
you are one of the smartest people I've known, well say!