BeautyHacker

My implant doesn't make my nose look fake at all. You just have to make sure you get the right sized implant to match your facial features. I have heard from some people that it makes your nose look shinier but on me I can't tell since I have oily skin to begin with so my whole face is always pretty shiny. LOL

I showed that Youtube video to some of my friends and they think she looks amazing after the surgery. They think that before the surgery, she just looked like a plain Asian girl. With the surgery, they feel she looks exotic and stunning. Your opinion also depends on which viewpoint you are looking from. My friends are all non-asian, so perhaps they are judging her from different standards. There is, however, this subtle and perhaps a universal concept of "Westernized" beauty in the world that we are judged upon. Most Asian celebrities have this sort of more "global" beauty to them. Maybe they choose these people to be in movies so that they have a larger audience worldwide? When I go to a Blockbuster and look at the artwork on a hot new Korean DVD releases; the angles, lighting, make-up all make the actors look Caucasian. They don't look so caucasian when I'm watching the film but I think they make the artwork for the movies that way on purpose so that it will sell to the American public.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Let me know soon so we can coordinate. Please provide me with email so we can coordinate offline. THanks!

Hey people have anyone tried Dr Kao Of taiwan?

He is a Cosmetic and ENT specializes in Nose.

He charges abt 110 000 NT= $4000 USD

Pretty cheap for Rib cartilage

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/face-nose/

I also wonder the debate between Goretex and Silicone

Drs vary in their opinion and i still unsure about what is better.

Have anyone tried Aquamid or Injection of fillers on the bridge of your nose?

Is it safe and reversible?

Hey guys anyway although i myself am confuse over the materials used.

these are my findings...

Gore-tex is normally added on the bridge and can hardly be noticed.

Under certain lightning it would not potray the 'fakeness' that some silicone provides.

However, i have seen people with silicone and if well carved and customized by the surgeon, it will not give the fakeness at all.

Besides, Silicone has been used for the last 50 years and proven reliable.

goretex is only used on cosmetic i think last 10 years tops.

For minimal addition of height i think goretex could be a good alternative but then again there is the chance of shrinkage which would occur.

whereas For silicone, its more versatile and can provide better definition.

I think the main problem that could be is that most of the time is the silicone could be oversized and too big. I think a thinner silicone and well carved silicone that moulds well to the face would be a winner.

Having said that, there is a hybrid that blends silicone+Gore-tex. The claimed benefit of this is that the goretex that wraps around the silicone helps to prevent 'shifting' which could occur in Silicone overtime.

Personally i think Rib cartilage will give the best projection due to its strength but this could also mean a darn hard nose which some may not prefer.

I for one worry about the feel of the nose too. I cannot imagine going to facials by someone and worry about they pressing on the nose.

In the end, i think whatever is used depends on the surgeon. Anything overdone will look fake and underdone will disappoint the patient.

Hi Rhinose,

Thanks for the info. I tried to email him, but there is no reply at all. It has been over a week already:sad::sweatdrop::crybaby:

Rhinose, are you planning to go to see him?

Hi. Who is this Dr. Jung and what is the name of his clinic? Do you have a website? I'm planning to go to Korea for eyelid revision and am considering Oz and BK. However, after reading posts about BK and how the clinic is more like a factory, I'm having 2nd thoughts about BK.

Dr. Jung is considered by many to be the top Rhinoplasty surgeon in Korea. Here's his website:

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/main/main.asp

He prefers using Goretex to build noses instead of silicone or rib cartilage.

Hi Waiching-- im planning to go in the beginning of november. im want to meet w/ dr. jung and dr. park of oz clinic-- my two top choices. i'd be more than happy to buddy up and split hotel cost. btw, do you speak korean? no biggie if u dont. :tup:

Dr Park have a good reputation on several forums. And I'm going to see him in Oct. Just wondering, does anybody actually hear or see good results from his prior customers?

Hi Kipper,

You got me confused. In your Aug 30's post, you said you went to OZ and were disappointed at the result. So when did you go? And why are you considering eyelid revision at OZ again?

I appreciate you to for the inforamtion because I'm considering OZ for same procesure too.

hey people is Dr jung really the top in korea?

I am not sure about this because when i asked around he is not as popular as i once tot.

Anyway he does mainly noses so maybe one can be assured of experience.

There are hundreds of clinics in korea and most dont provide english website which may faciliatate foreign patients.

jung is ENT but he is not certified as cosmetics. There are many Drs who went ENT and then cosmetic. I am not sure if the results are better by ENT surgeons alotho i think they are more qualified in reconstruction in accident cases. However if its solely on beauty i am unsure whether ENT makes a difference.

One thing i noticed however, is that those who are ENT normally shy away from silicone and uses autologous ( rib cartilage mainly or gortex) this is evident in a Few popular asian ENT surgeons like Dr Jung, Dr Kao, Dr Hsu, Dr toriumi.

they are also usually more expensive.

In the case of Dr T, i hear he charges over 10k and jung 8k and Dr Kao 4k.

the cost varies and this some may wonder if one is paying more for more beauty or paying a premium for the cost of the country's running cost?

I really dont know the ans .. please if anyone here can shed some light i like to know.

I know the facts but i dont know who is best.

As for BK clinic like a factory i too am not sure though the facts says that Dr kim is quite an aggressive in marketing overseas and expanding but this does not mean he is not a good DR.

HI travelchica.. i changed my trip to December 1st. Are you still interested in buddying up? Can you change your trip?
I dont' speak Korean :sad: SORRY

No, I never had to do any kind of nasal exercises. I think it's probably best to leave the area alone since the bones were fractured. My nose is still slim. It's been 4 months since my surgery.