BeautyHacker

crazygirl1 - thanks for the website but it seems like it mainly focuses on caucasian noses aside from the bulbous part but it doesn't talk about building the bridge or building the tip. Maybe I missed that part..does it?

Also, i think by nature, people have asymmetries...like your right hand may be bigger than your left. Is your nose symmetrical right now?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not symmetrical right now, but that is because I bumped it once and then slept on my side so my nostrils are kind of uneven. I thought that by getting my tip "refined" by the doc, who basically took off some cartilage, would make my nose look better, but right now I don't see a difference and I still notice my nostril asymmetry. In addition, I just read on the internet about people who healed from rhinoplasties and had asymmetry from plastic surgery, so it made me regret ever had done anything to my nose in the first place.

i strongly suggest u go to someone else. I considered 3 years b4 going to martin huang for help due to my saggy breasts, and i told him specifically i dun wan them big, just firm them up. but he went ahead to give me such big implants, i lived in embarrassment and anger and resentment for 4 years. now i hv to spend money to remove them and to do a lift which i originally wanted. in total i hv to go thru 3 surgeries! he didnt feel sorry for me, he gave me so many reasons to justify wat he did, and all he talks abt is money. so please, go to another surgeon who really has your interest at heart.

I agree. Not that I have any experience with MH but Singapore is not known for plastic surgery. If you're not from here then you have no reason to do it here.
MH has done a few celebs and I dont like the look of their noses. He is one of the most expensive surgeons here because he's like a celeb surgeon. The other celeb surgeon who overcharges is Woffles Wu.
My point is, dont do it in singapore!

Hi sorry i'm coming in late. I also had surgery with Dr. Kwan . I did my zygomatic reduction. I had tried doing it twice with an American Dr who just couldn't do it. I love the results with Dr. Kwan..

I just did a chin implant with him the smallest I feel is a bit uneven but I'm going to be patient and see the final results.

Dr kwan is a like most doctor arrogant and doesn't have a good bed manners he barely talks to you as an equal . I do not understand why he can't seem to make things symmetrical. My cheekbone reduction one is more than the other but i do not noticed it nor care since I was only pointed out to me by another surgeon. but jaw reduction and chin implants or reductions have to be symmetrical.

I dislike going to Dr. Kwan it feels like your a pest to them even after paying them money. I have one last surgery to do with him and is the last time I will be going there.

Is so sad that i truly believe surgeons purposely peform surgeries with a tiny uneven so you will return.

Surgeons in the state are spoiled with our system. I feel is best to find a good surgeon abroad that will appreciate our dollars and perform the best surgey so we will travel back to see them for other procedures . unlike Americans that we go to get it fix.

Hello everyone,

I've been reading through this thread for about 2 weeks. I used to post on singapore expats but lost track of where I was and i find it harder to follow.

I really want a nose job and chin implant. I am from the UK, I would plan to go to taiwan next year in summer. I know that is quite far away but am currently doing alot of depth research first. If anyone would want to join me pm me please! i would also love eyelash implants so I think at the moment my main choice is to go to taiwan to have my eyelashes done at lrclinic and not sure about the nose. Wanted chuang but reading some negative reviews have put me off a bit. Am not wanting any implants, just reduction of the nostrils and tip refinement and also thinning of the bridge if that is possible. So currently still researching on who I would want to do my nose.

Just to tell you a bit about myself, I am 21 and had double eyelid surgery in Malaysia when I was 19 and breast implants in the UK earlier this year. My family know about my eyes but not my breasts and my friends know about my boobs but not my eyes. I dont think western people would understand it properly....

Must admit am a bit addicted to surgery, but having my eyes done were one of the best decisions of my life!

x

Oh dear I apologise for my poor grammer and spelling. Its quite late and I've worked a 10 hours shift! Another thing I forgot to mention is that I would love to buddy up with someone to go to taiwan as unfortunately I dont speak chinese and also for support etc.

x

3xoticbeauty - I'm confused after reading your post about Dr. Kwan, do you like his work or not and would you recommend him?

Asian Fox did you have your surgery yet? I'm wondering how your new nose is like now. I hope all went well!

If you can remember, I"m in the same situation as you. I have a very very fake silicone nose. Thin sharp and pointy. I wanted to take the whole thing out and everyday I'm depressed about it. But after 4 years, it's impossible to just take it out without everyone you've met during those years noticing. I so regret not taking it out 3 years ago before I started working and met all these new people. Now it's too late.

I'm going for revision next month as well. (What a coincidence by the way). I'm going with Dr. Rival here in Toronto. I hope all will go well. I don't think my mind can take more disappointments. I hope ppl @ work won't notice... Best of luck to both of us!

I'm wondering if any of you guys had revisions and if people around you could notice your revision?

Sliverlight, I read earlier that your silicon implant has been irritating you. In my opinion, you would be better off removing the implant, and doing minor refinements to your nose to make it look nice again.
WHO CARES IF PEOPLE NOTICED YOU HAD A SILICON IMPLANT BEFORE?? You will be feeling healthier and less irritated without it. Besides, you can always say that you just got a nose job now because you thought your nose was too big before and now you wanted it to be smaller, or more "oriental" to fit your face. You don't even have to mention the implant before.

Thanks for the support! I am having the implant removed and replacing it with a bit of Gortex. I asked for as little implant as possible. Going for a natural unoperated look this time. Hopefully all goes well! I'll keep you guys updated.