BeautyHacker

Actually it didn't hurt at all when I got the stitches removed. You just have to make sure to clean it daily with peroxide and apply the bacitracin ointment.

You didn't get open rhinoplasty as in the photos. You had a closed rhinoplasty where all the incisions are made from inside the nostrils. That person had an open rhinoplasty where an incision is made on the columella. Dr. Lee told me he prefers closed rhinoplasty since he feels that the scar is too visible to the naked eye from an open rhinoplasty.

How are you liking the apartment? I stayed there as well. I never really took advantage of the huge TV there since I stayed in bed with my laptop watching DVDs...and icing my eyes, nose and cheeks every hour. I got all my food from the Whole Foods nearby. It was really awkward walking around in public because people stare. I thought they would be used to seeing people with bandages on their face since so many people have stuff done in LA.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using hydrogen peroxide to clean around the stitches and they are pretty clear, no dried blood. However, there is still a good amount of dried blood clumped inside my nostrils. Is this normal? I've been trying to take it off little by little.

I'm eating a bagel right now, opened my mouth too wide and felt a little tear at the stitches - ouch.

Wow, I assumed I got open rhinoplasty since I had alar reduction, implant, and tip work. If Dr. Lee can accomplish everything in a closed procedure, then that's even better I suppose.

The apartment is pretty comfy. I picked up enough food for a week the night before the surgery so I haven't left the house. I dont' want to leave the house lol. I've been sleeping most of the time, and sometimes it can be noisy on the street.

When I first arrived, the night before the surgery, there was a video cassette called "Open Rhinoplasty" left out on the counter so I popped it in the VCR. Immediately I saw the middle of a surgery, which was pretty graphic, and it made me cry because I thought "So I am going to put myself through this in a few hours..??" Everything is ok now though lol. Did you see that video?

How long ago did you have the surgery done? How long did it take before you looked normal, and how are you doing now?

Asin- the blood took me awhile to clean out too. I don't think it will affect the healing or anything...just a bit gross. Patience isn't one of my virtues so I was constantly cleaning it hoping it was getting better quicker. Bacitracin on and around the stitch areas soothes the area. Yes, stitches were black.
You should be able to go home if you want. A couple days makes a huge difference in the healing. Once you get your stitches, and cotton ball out...you will feel much better.

The whole healing process is a mental challenge, just keep looking at it wondering if it has improved, gone down, symmetrical. It was hard for me to stay put and reframe from doing some sort of exercise. Dr Lee said exercise can be resumed after 10 days for me but I think generally it should be 3 weeks.

Hi CrazyGirl1 - this is going to sound pretty strange but i can hardly see any swelling of my nose. But I know there is to the side he used to put all the stuff in. Kinda hoping the tip won't drop anymore because it doesn't seem that bad now like it was the first couple of days. Need to go back and ask him...:confused1:

wow thanks for the details! sorry if you had already posted about this, but which dr. lee did you get it done by? the one in LA? hope you get much better soon!!

hi shoegirl, i got it done by dr. lee in beverly hills. i'm still pretty swollen at day 2-3 but i sure hope it will get better from here.

The blood should be normal.
No, I never saw that video.
I had my surgery done 6 months ago. My nose looks great now. I've noticed more definition at the tip/nostrils. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. My nose goes well with my face, it looks natural. I had someone come up to me who asked me if I was Korean. I replied yes, how could you tell? He said because I have a Korean nose. For the longest time, people either thought I was Japanese, Chinese or even Vietnamese. One of friends thinks that my nose looks like a Caucasian nose. I guess it all depends on how you look at it or maybe who looks at it. He's Latino but the guy that thought my nose looked Korean is Caucasian.
It took about 4-5 weeks for the swelling to go down on the bridge. My tip slowly started to get some definition after 3-4 months. I thought I looked weird for at 6 weeks since my cheeks were still swollen from my nasal bones being broken. My friends couldn't see it but I noticed it. That made me feel more confident to be out in public.

Questions:

DID YOU DO ANY RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY PLANS?

Yes, I did most of my research from these following sites purse forum ( nose job), Makemeheal.com, soompi (nose). I did not read all of the post ont he forum.. but enough to get the information needed.
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE DR.KIM BYUNG GUN
If you get a chance to read the from the forums above then you would know why.
DR.KIM BYUNG GUN CLINIC & YOUNGDONG HOTEL SERVICE:
Dr.Kim is very talented. He can also speak english very good. His clinic is the most busiest clinic in Korea. He currently has 100 nurse/workers and 12 surgeon at his clinic. He is the only one that knows and will understand what you are saying in english, Everyone else only knows a few words. You will probably experience some language barrier. Try and talk like them and only say the words you need or show actions. The clinic is a full house from afternoon to evening. If you happen to book for an apointment or surgery date it is best to do morning (9am). His current clinic is located in the REX BUILDING. They will close that building by end of next year or so and move to the new one which is being built right now . The new one will have everything... from dental care, skin, cosmetic surgery. You can see the picture of the bulding by clicking on his site : http://eng.bkdy.co.kr/
Floor 8th: consult floor
Floor 7th: picture stimulation - pre op pictures - change before surgery
Floor 6: Consultation
Floor 5: surgery room
Floor 4: Recovery
Youngdong hotel: They charge 80,000 korean won per night. You must stay there for 7 night to recieve the free hotel airport pick up service. You can book it when you book with BK Clinic. Its all located on the site. They do free pick up and drop off to the clinic. Since its only about a 10 minute walk you will only need for surgery pick up and the days you go for post op cleaning. Sinsa station is 6 mnute walk from Youndong hotel. The subway is very easy to use. Make sure you carry a map with you. Maps are located in the lobby of Youngdong Hotel.

AFTER SURGERY CARE & YOUNGDONG SERVICE & FOOD
Once you have your surgery they will take you to Floor 4. You will rest there til they allow you to leave (depending on your condition).
If you are staying at Youngdong hotel you will have to ask the nurse to call Young dong hotel pick up service. The nurse will also give you your perscription and ice pack. Ask for perscription before surgery. SInce you won't feel to good to pick it up right after surgery. PICK UP MEDICINE AT THE OLIVE YOUNG. They pick up service will drive you to the back of the hotel which is for bk patients ( so nobody sees you except those who are staying on third floor). The laundry room and gym is also located there. Washers are 500 won (coin) Dryer 500 (coin). Laundry detergent are also sold in the detergent vending machine for 100 won (coin). The 6 floor of the hotel is a restaurant where you can have all you can eat breakfast for 10,000 won. I did not go there til stitches was remove since alot of business men go there to eat. You can also order food. Just call front desk (dial 0) . You can ask for vegetable Juk which is porridge ( congee), not spicey udon, cold noodles, rice and cultlets. etc. These food are not from floor 6 but ordered from another store. The price usually range from 5,500 won - 6,500 won. You will have to repeat yourself many times to make sure they understand what you are saying! There is a pizza hut that you can order from. Make sure you stop by to get a to go menu. There pasta and the buffalo wings are very tasty.
DAY 2: You must come back with the little consult card they gave you from last night. Go to Floor 6 and give the clerk yor card. You will ask to be seated till it is your turn. Once your turn has come you will follow the nurse to a room where she will ask you to lay down and remove the old cast with a new one.. They will also clean the inside of your month from chin surgery (for those who got it done)
DAY 4: Same as day 2. They will give you your card back with a date on it. usually 3 days from today.
DAY 7: The day you been waitting for. Your stitches will be remove and nose wil be clean. They will check/clean your stitches if you had a chin surgery.
Chin surgery is a very simple surgery with little recovery. The only problem with chin is your mouth will be a bit swollen for first few days.. Its not that bad. You wil only be able to eat soup, soft food. Make sure you use the oral wash they give you. its a brown bottle that comes with a tiny cup. This wil help remove clean your teeth since you cannot brush it for the first couple of days.
to be continue...

Congrats on the good results! Although it seems strange for a Caucasian person to say that you have specifically a "Korean nose" :confused1: I'm glad you're happy with your new nose though.

I have a question - on the day I went home after my surgery, my splint fell off. It was this plastic thingy that's molded into the shape of a nose and taped onto my nose. I tried taping it back on but it kept falling off. I called Dr. Lee the next morning about that and he said the splint didn't stay on because I wasn't swollen much (which I wasn't) and that's a good thing.

However, I seem to be getting increasingly swollen since 24 hours post-op. I understand swelling around the nose/eyes is normal, but now the swelling has migrated to my lower cheeks and jawline! I look like a potato face. (Trying to find a pictures)... I kind of ook like this kid.[​IMG]

I hope this is normal too? I don't know if the swelling has spread to my lower cheeks because I don't have a splint on to control it. It still feels really tight around my nose and when I move my mouth I feel like the stitches will burst.

I hope the results of the surgery won't be compromised since I did not have the splint on this entire time.

I hope you have permission to use that kids picture on this board w/o a direct link to the source. There are no rules but I never liked peoples photos being borrowed from other websites. I'd be pissed if I was his mother and found his picture in an "asian nose job" thread :cursing: