BeautyHacker

Could someone help me out here?
I'm just wondering how much a nose job (narrower and a sharper tip) will cost approximately in, say, LA? And how much it'd cost in Korea?
I'm currently in Hong Kong, are the surgeons here any good? Anyone know about how much it will cost here?
Sorry for my ignorance.. Thanks so much for any input!!!!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sliverlight,

Just thought I'd share my experience - I didn't tell ANYONE i was going for surgery (OK, i didn't do my eyes) BUT no one noticed. Seriously. I had four different things done and not one person said anything.

Not my boyfriend, my brother, not even my own mom and dad (!!)

They didn't suspect a thing.

I was so worried about how i'd deal with this before surgery, but as it turns out, i will be able to keep it a secret for ever.

I'd never tell my boyfriend (even though I'm going to marry him soon!) because he'd just feel 'betrayed' that i couldn't talk to him about this...but if i told him BEFORE surgery, he would have just said i didn't need it...

Of course it means he has bumped my nose a few times (trying to give me damn eskimo kisses!!) ....but it looks fine, so i guess we'll live (me and my new nose, i mean...lol).

I guess it really depends on how subtle your new face is.... And of course whether you're the type that can keep secrets.... I know i am, so that worked for me.

I suppose it depends on whether you are talking about an SO you have now, or your future one...A future one should just deal because he has to take you 'as you are' and should love you regardless of anything you've done in the past...current one = situation might be a little different :s

THoang86 Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I've been thinking about getting rhinoplasty and my chin done too! I've been thinking about it for a long time now but didn't know which doctor to go to. Your recovery pictures definitely gave me real perceptive. You are so BRAVE! You also look amazing! The blood in the eyes kinda freaked me out but thats because I didn't know that could happen. Thank you thank you for sharing. If there is anyway I would love to keep contact with you. I know you detailed pretty much all of your experience but I just want to know how you are doing now. Is your nose exactly what you hoped for? like how are you doing now? This is the first time I've ever posted on a forum before so I wasn't sure how to contact you except to comment on your posting. I really want to get the procedures done. I'm so self conscious that I don't like going to social events! I really need some perspective.

Hi Asin
I've been browsing this site to learn about other peoples experiences with plastic surgery. I really want to get my nose and chin done. I've looked everywhere for someone and even looked into Dr. Charles Lee. I went to him for a consultation and I don't even live in california! I wanted to get the procedures soooo bad that I felt I was giving up on my research. I felt so rushed at the consultation that I just didn't feel comfortable with him. Finding the right plastic surgeon is so complicated! I'm sorry your procedure didn't turn out the way you wanted it (at least this was what I remembered reading) There's so many postings that I can't tell if your satisified with your results now or not. 8k is a lot of money!

hi gingerale,

i am still only 2 weeks post-op so i really don't know the "results" yet. i think i look terrible right now; my nose is huge and crooked, but supposedly i am just swollen. i am hoping that in a couple of months, when the swelling subsides, i will like my new nose. so keep in mind that currently, i am in no place to judge how well my nose was done.

there are a couple people on here who got their nose done by dr. lee and they are very happy with the results.

finding the right surgeon definitely is not easy, but be glad that you are doing the work! you really want to choose the right person to operate on your face. if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

I noticed this morning when I woke up that one side of my nose is higher than the other. I think it is because I no longer sleep exclusively on my back, so the side I slept on the most is swollen more due to gravity. I sure hope it doesn't stay like that though. Don't get me wrong, I didn't sleep ON my nose (a mistake I had made after I broke my nose years ago to try to "straigten" it back to the opposite side of the bump even though it was already straight).
P.S. I was told by the doc that after week one I can pretty much sleep any way I want, though I waited until week 3, when the pain was less, to sleep on either side.
Now it is almost week 7.

THanks for sharing =) It must have been a really good nose job to have your bf & family fooled. I wish I had a nose job like that :crybaby:

Dr. Chuang can definately do subtle work, if that's what you're after.

However, i think it has a lot to do with the fact that we focus in on our own flaws, whereas other people probably don't notice them so much.

I never told anyone i had a problem with my nose before, so i don't think anyone really paid any attention to it (it wasn't totally hideous, just had a huge bump, droopy tip and was ugly in general!! lol)

(I'm assuming you're talking about nose here...) At two weeks post my obvious swelling had gone down, but I couldn't smile properly, had to sleep upright and my nose felt extremely 'stiff'...Also you can't wear glasses and can't blow your nose.

Most people probably won't be able to tell you've had anything done though (randoms, i mean)

No taping for me after the first five days...