BeautyHacker

i'm 2.5 weeks post op and i think the obvious swelling on my nose is gone. my nose still feels really stiff though... it feels as though there is a fake nose glued on my face. it is also still really big and crooked looking.

how much more shrinking did you see in your nose after 2 weeks? i am hoping that my nose will continue to shrink cause the bridge is still too high, and overall it is too big.

when you don't feel any more stiffness, soreness, and your nose isn't hard anymore... is that when your nose has pretty much fully healed and what you see is the final result?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me I would not be too worried about ANYTHING you are seeing and feeling at 2 1/2 weeks out...(unless you have like major complications or something, in which case definately disregard this advice!!) In my experience, you need so much more time than that to see what the final result will be.

I had my surgery in July, and can honestly say that I see new changes almost daily. My nose is now becoming a lot more refined as the residual swelling goes down. I honestly don't think my nose started to look 'good' until about a month and half after surgery

BUT i wasn't too worried about it in the meantime and really didn't pay too much attention to the redness, swelling, scar etc...i just knew it would eventually go down and look better, and left it to its own devices!!

I'm willing to bet I'm going to be seeing many more changes between now and next July (one year post-op for me)...It just keeps looking better:smile:)

Try not to fixate on it too much or stare in the mirror - you'll start seeing things that noone else does...and whatever flaws you see now will be gone by next month etc etc

Thanks for the advice aussie_girl. It must be interesting to see new changes every day even at 3 months post op (or exciting, if the changes are positive). Just wondering, what exactly did you have done? I had closed rhinoplasty with alar reduction, and I-implant with ear cartilage to build the tip.

The stiffness will be there for a long while. I still feel the tiniest bit of stiffness at the base of the nostrils from the reduction.
Your bridge will shrink at around 4-6 weeks after the surgery. It may shrink a little more later gradually. But it should stop looking like a Greek nose after 4-6 weeks.

Regarding the crookedness of the implant, it could be the case that your nose naturally was slightly crooked to begin with. Implants are completely straight and rests on top of bone that isn't perfectly straight but it still follows the natural line of your original nose. The perfect straightness of the implant just makes your nose appear more crooked. Remember that everyone's face is asymmetrical and imperfect. The swelling of the new implant is just drawing extra attention to that part of your face therefore you are probably noticing aspects of your face that you've never realized before. Once the swelling subsides, your nose should appear normal again. It will not appear so crooked.

I just had a nose job, and today is my 2nd week after the operation. I had my crooked nose fixed, increment the height and reducing the tip. I guess, I'm quite lucky gal since all my swelling and bruises has gone... on my 11 days post-op and even my family not realized that I've had any nose job procedures. And the final result is better than what i expected to be.

However, after i read some post, the final result could only be seen in 3 to 6 months term. So, is that mean that my nose will definitely loose the shape in the next couple of months? And about the breathing, you girls sometimes feel difficult to breathe or not? the doctor advised me that the breathing will improve slowly, but just want to know from you girls point of view... :smile:

o nvm, I just called the office and they told it must have been a misprint. I am getting rhinoplasty but they listed that I should get a mammogram and xray also an ekg and cbc (printed in bold face type). so no one had to get an ekg or cbc?

Can people please tell me which doctors they went to? and if possible share a picture of maybe just your nose? That would be amazing. I've been searching everywhere for a doctor who's patients demonstrate the nose I'm aiming for.

Here's the links to some noses I really would like to have. If its even possible :\

http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/archived/Korean_Female/Song_Hye_Kyo/SongHyeKyo_ktf_060714_03.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2678/50106432xw1ga4.jpg

http://photo-media.hanmail.net/200612/14/gonews/20061214202411.028.0.jpg

http://www.ohilton.com/angela-baby.jpg

I got a rhinoplasty as well and didn't need to get any of that. In the pre-op package, there was a list of things "to do," and those items were not checked. I called the office to make sure though.

I don't doubt that the tip and lower portions of my nose will shrink, because it is mostly cartilage and I can feel that it is swollen. The part of my nose that I worry about the most is the area in between my eyes/eyebrows. What are you experiences with that area? Did it look too high along with the rest of your bridge at first? There does not seem to be cartilage or much swelling there, so I'm worried that it will not go down.

I've seen some Asians with nose jobs where the area in between their eyes was raised way too high, and I really hate that look. It makes them look very unnatural and unyouthful. The blogger Xiaxue actually mentioned this in her post about spotting fake noses. I took this illustration from her blog:

[​IMG]

That is pretty much what I am talking about, and I kind of have that look right now. It looks like my nose is growing out of my forehead.

For anyone who's interesting in reading that post, here's the link: http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/2007/01/nothing-in-particular.html. It's pretty funny and interesting. I like Xiaxue.

Looks like Dr. Lee covered this issue on his website:

Overly large bridge. This problem relates to an inadequate understanding of Asian nasal aesthetics. The Asian nasal bridge should start approximately at the level of the eyelashes or lower. The important thing is that a slight break should exist between the forehead and the starting point of the bridge. Otherwise, a Greek nose results, which is not ethnically compatible on an Asian face. This is an easy trap for a surgeon to fall into if the procedure is labelled as “Westernization”, rather than an ethnically consistent beautification.

So I should rest a little more assured that he did not intend this look for me, at least...

Off topic a little but ME TOO!! Love her!! I used to read Dawn Yang's blog all the time and she started mentioning Xiaxue's (because they are suing one another) ...anyways I ended up swapping over to Xiaxue's blog and never look at Dawn's anymore ... Her's is actually a real blog and my god...she is too damn funny :nuts:

Yup - the changes are all positive, don't worry. Basically Dr. Chuang gave me exactly what i asked for - I've just had to wait a few months to really see the full extent of the results.

I had open rhino, hump removal, bone shaving on the sides of my nose, smoothening of nose bridge with goretex and tip-plasty (to get rid of a droopy tip). It was a pretty big surgery all up....But i am caucasian, so it's probably a little different to yours...