BeautyHacker

I hate when movies and shows are dubbed. You loose alot of the integrity of the acting when you have someone else voice dubbed over the original actor's. Alot of emotions carry through their voices like tone, inflection, way of speaking, accents, etc... The performances just seem 'dead.' Two big aspects of acting are facial expressions and speech. They go hand and in hand so if you get rid of one, the other aspect can't support itself properly.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people are still in the healing stage with swelling that is making their noses look too big for their faces. It's normal to feel depressed after surgery.
I remember feeling helpless for the first couple of weeks. I looked like a cat. My bridge was too high and thick between my eyes, my cheeks were swollen like a chipmunk's, I couldn't shut my mouth all the way because of my chin implant, my lips were swollen, my eyes were puffy and swollen to a point where it looked like someone just took a scalpel and made me some slits for eyes. I really kind of looked like Jocelyn Wildenstein but with with black hair.

[​IMG]

Luckily the cat look went away after a week. Then I had to deal with a super high bridge between my eyes. That didn't deswell until after 4 weeks. I'm am now at the 7 month mark and I can say that I look better now than before the surgery. I do notice that when I wake up my nose tip looks bulbous but by night-time it becomes more defined. I read somewhere that it's a sign that my nose is still healing. That's good news to me because I like my nose better at night.

A higher bridge can add refinement to a person's face. You just have to be careful that the bridge that you want/get isn't too high for your face. According to Dr. Charles Lee, the bridge should start at the eyelash line.

Hi mkryu,
Just wondering what you mean by the bridge should start at the eyelash line is that the top or bottom eyelash when your eyes are open and looking straight ahead? I hope that I make sense.

top eyelash with eyes open.

from Dr. Charles Lee's site:

The Asian nasal bridge should start approximately at the level of the eyelashes or lower. The important thing is that a slight break should exist between the forehead and the starting point of the bridge. Otherwise, a Greek nose results, which is not ethnically compatible on an Asian face. This is an easy trap for a surgeon to fall into if the procedure is labelled as “Westernization”, rather than an ethnically consistent beautification.

thanks for sharing your experience. you only wanted to get the tip fixed, so what did they end up doing to your nose? what did they show you that freaked you out? did you get an implant? i saw in the above post that you are 3 weeks post op. how is it looking now?

i got alarplasty with an I shaped silicone implant for the bridge, and ear cartilage for the tip. i'm still unhappy with my nose at week 4. i really haven't seen many changes in my nose since week 2 so i'm afraid that what i see right now is close to the final results. overall my nose just looks big. my main concerns are with the bridge. it is too high especially in the area between my eyes, and it is also slightly slanted like this (*/*). it's not THAT slanted of course, but it is slanted.

the base of my nose is also overall too big. i'm not too worried about that because it still feels swollen. my columnella and tip feels rock hard and sometimes even sore/tender. my nostrils have a tingly sensation when i touch them.

a high bridge seems to be what's conventionally attractive, but it may not suit every one. for instance, on someone with flat round face with no visible cheekbones it might look like a stick on their face.

i think my old nose could've definitely benefited from a slightly higher bridge, but at the moment it is just too high.

i think you should be ok if you discuss clearly with your doctor how you want your nose, down to how many mm increase you want in height. he can then do computer imaging to give you an idea of what that looks like. maybe it's better to be on the conservative side? i remember seeing your pictures and you are already very pretty, don't take that for granted!

does anyone know when you can start sleeping on your side or on the side of your face? Can I even tilt my head to the side slightly when sleeping/lying down or does it have to be completely straight and on my back?

I'm kind of also curious about the apartments the people stayed in, is it like a hotel with room service or just a bunch apartments?

Brad Pitt, the hottest guy on tv right now, has uneven nostrils:
http://ithinkimdying.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/brad_pitt.jpg
http://www.celebrityvalues.com/images/brad_pitt_300.jpg
We are so hard on ourselves in trying to look perfect, believing that this is achievable, from what we see on tv or movies. But most people don't know that what is projected on screen is far from reality, and is often fluffed up to look "perfect". The purpose is to brand the celebrity, or for people to want to look like a celebrity, which creates a demand. This demand drives most of the fashion and beauty industries. Most kids fall victim to this marketing ploy because they don't know better-even adults don't think about it much, with their insecurities masked by thinking that they must look flawless.

You know it does look like he has an implant! Or it can be makeup applied to the side of the nose. But there is something there...

My tip is more swollen when I wake up too, mkryu. But it gets smaller when I start to get out of bed and walk around. Keeping your nose elevated helps reduce the swelling because the fluid can then drain down, whereas if you are lying in bed the fluid just accumulates.

I noticed that about his nose before that his nostrils are inverted...I mean, while most people's nostrils are longer vertically, his are turned 180 degrees and are horizontally placed.

It's a 1 bedroom apartment. No room service but the building does resemble a hotel. There's a big 50"(?) projection TV and a large white leather couch in the living room, a small area to the side for the dining table, a small kitchen, a small patio, bathroom with tub/shower and a heated toilet seat, and a bedroom with a queen size bed.

I'm not sure how long you need to sleep elevated but I would assume for at least 2 weeks?

I had a tingly sensation on my right nostril for at least 2 months or more. I thought that maybe a nerve got damaged and worried that I wouldn't have sensation there permanently. That tingly sensation went away eventually. The tightness at the alar base also has decreased significantly. I still feel a bit of tightness but only when I think about it. I think my left side (my pretty side) is healing faster. I have better nostril definition on this side. I wonder what's wrong with my right side in general? I used to get more acne as a teen on my right side, My hair isn't as thick on my right of my head, I have a nasalobial line that's deeper on my right side... I wonder if it has anything to do with me being predominantly right brained (artistic, intuitive, cat lover (but don't want to look like one, lol)) since it controls the left side of the body. Hmmm...maybe I should practice some more math, like dogs more and become more organized to stimulate my left brain so that my right side of my body can catch up.

Asin, I still think that you are still swollen between your eyes. You may just heal a little slower than some people.

Is it just me or is one nostril higher than the other (Brad Pitt)?