BeautyHacker

CrazyGirl1, it's some kind of Chinese belief that certain sorts of seafood impede the healing process.. in fact, eating snakehead fish is believed to encourage the formation of keloids.

From what I've heard, to be avoided: shellfish (mussels, shrimps etc), snakehead fish, soy sauce, beef, chives

Seems like a rather random list isn't it? Lol I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had my silicone implant replaced with a smaller one 5 days ago. on day 3, i saw the dr and he changed the splint. he said it is straight this time but i have to leave the splint on for 5 more days to ensure that it heals straight. i'm only on day 2-3 and the splint fell off tonight :sad:

a question for those who had nasal augmentation with silicone implant...

how long did you leave the cast/splint on after surgery?

mine has fallen off 2-3 days early and i can't get it changed because i'm from out of town. should i try to tape it back on? i don't know if i can do it right. i'm worried that the implant won't heal straight without the splint on.

i can't even tell if the implant is straight right now because i am swollen.

Mine fell off early too after I flew back home from LA. Dr Lee told me it was fine. You may want to contact him and ask if there is anything you can do. He will probably tell you it's fine. It must be our oily skin that makes these splints slip off too soon.

do you remember how many days you had the splint on total? i think 7 days is recommended. i had mine on for 4-5 days, i hope that is ok... can't contact the doctor now, it is the weekend.

on the 3rd day when i had the splint chaged, apparently the implant was still mobile, which is scary. because my first implant had shifted to the right, the doctor said he cut the pocket further to the left when he inserted the new implant. so right now, i probaby have an oversized pocket that may make the implant more prone to shifting.

when i had my first implant put in, the splint fell off on day one and i was told it was fine... then i ended up having a shifted implant. i don't know if the old implant was shifted because no splint was used. gosh i hope it'll come out straight this time. i can't tell whether it's straight until more swelling is gone, so maybe in a week or so...

heyyy i went to the surgeon, and after consulting with him, im DEF getting it now...

he went to the best college in korea (yonsei) and he made me feel alot better about the srugery

he told me that the silicone he uses is a special blend which doesnt calcify, he also uses gortex that is blended with silicone, but said that will get smaller over time so he doesnt like using it.

he said if i got into a car accident there was a 10% chance it will move

im getting 3 mm and i felt the implant for the first time. it feels cool haha.

oh yeah i asked the receptionist when i could stop drinking and she said drink as much as i want now, so for that girl that said she drank 2 weeks before her surgery... ur okay!

he said there wwas no need for a revision later, and the chances of me getting infected is 3-5%

i wonder what is this "special blend" of silicone that doesn't calcify and whether my doctor uses that too. that would be cool if they really never calcify or take a long time, like 100 years, to calcify instead of 10 years.

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm planning to have a rhino done in the Philippines next year and just want to ask for some advice/opinions. I'm thinking of going to Shimmian Manila for my rhino since I want to have gore-tex. Has anyone gone there for their rhino? I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks!

that's a flat out lie....even goretex calcifies, that's why it becomes "part" of you.

My splint slipped off after 3 days. I remember noticing that my splint was slightly crooked and I worried that my nose would turn out crooked. I think it was just the swelling since now my nose looks straight.
I guess you just need to make sure you sleep elevated with alot of pillows to prevent you from sleeping on your side. Also, be careful around your nose when you wash your face, dry your face, apply make-up, etc. I think after a week, you should be ok.
I wonder why some doctors instruct their patients to apply tape to the nose and some don't? I know that some doctors give their patients extra splints to take home (the kind that you moisten with hot water and apply).
It sucks that you have to wait another month for the swelling to go down. Another month of wearing hats...

I think soy sauce is fine...unless you drink the whole bottle. Too much salty and spicy foods can increase swelling temporarily.
I've heard people mention not eating shellfish/fish after plastic surgery. I've also heard that you shouldn't eat too much protein because it can increase scar tissue formation. But then some doctors recommend eating fish and a high protein diet after surgery. :shrugs:I guess the best thing to do is just eat healthy.

Breast implants need to be replaced because they are not solid implants. They are filled with liquid saline, which could leak into the body. With the nasal Implant it is a solide implant therefore the same concepts do not apply to breast implants. It could calcify but since you are suppose to get it replace at around 20-30 years depending on the quality you probably won't run into the issue of calcification. I have heard that some breast implants may look like it calcifies, but in reality it could be the scar tissue that forms around it that give it a "hard" look if you don't propery take care of appropriately after surgery..

I also wonder if my doctor used some 'special' implant that doesnt calcify. I have to ask and see.. Kimchi - do you remember what it was called?

hi guys,
im new to this thing n i have to say this forum caugght my attention. i was resarchin asian rhinoplasty n i came across this. i been followin since ysterday (this thing is longgggg lol) and finally decided to join. upon reading, i never knew a nose job was this complicating. i knew i wanted one but all these comments make me second guess myself...however, ive already booked my ticket and am going to Taiwan dec 12 to dec 31st. sad, ill be spending my Christmas with a swollen bruised face! Luckily i have family there...*phew* thats why i purposely made plans to come home before the new year (n countdown!!! yay) anyway, just wanted to know a little more on the procedure for those who have been through it...do the PS in taiwan give u a list of do's/dont's and ways to prepare for the surgery? if not, i was thinking of printing out a list on Google n buying things so im prepared. yay or nay?
after reading all these posts, im thinking i want to stay away from silicone...for sure. but goretex? what are other cons on goretex other than its hard to remove and go to a good surgeon for it? do most surgeons do it in taiwan? thing is, i didnt meet with the doctor..i dont know if he'll give me what i want...and im scared!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. i forgot to mention im from California n 22 yr old female...

Pps. as you can see, i need work done..bad. my nostrils are uneven..i have no bridge and i want to rid the bulbous tip. it seems as if all the bad parts of a nose were given to me!!! :sad:

Ppps. Anyone been to Dr Hsu in Taipei? Heard he's great...