BeautyHacker

hi miss hyang.

i just had my nose done a few days ago and i have absolutely no bruising and very minimal swelling (only for a few hours in the morning if i didnt sleep elevated).

that being said, i imagine you should be fine if so long as dont have your bones reset.

i had a silicone implant and cartilage grafting for the tip.

as for the "shopping list", doctors dont normally give you a list of things to buy per se- whatever they give you will be more along the lines of what not to do two weeks before surgery (and since you wont be meeting with him before him i would definitely contact him for his specific instructions).

some things that def helped me in my recover thus far are plenty of fluids/ soup stocked up, babywipes to clean your face throughout the day, ive been using the arnica and bromelain pills as a precautionary but dont know if i would necessary recommend them, q-tips obviously and whats been most helpful thus far is this elevated pillow wedge (makes sleeping soooo much easier).

hope that helps.

if you want to get a better idea of what to possibly buy or even different forum to read about different experiences, concerns there is a great plastic surgery one-stop-shop thats based out here in california (i received all my orders the next days since i live in los angeles :tup: - contact me if you want the website as i dont know if theyll remove this post for "soliciting" another site" lol.

hope that helped some.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey cali84,

thanks so much for responding! did you get your work done in ca? and im so new to this thing i couldnt find the email part? how do i do that? :Push: so you are taking arnica pills not the topical right? i kinda wanted to use the topical...i duno if that'd be bad though bc i couldnt put it on immediately after the work is done cuz of the open wounds right...hmm.

did u have a choice of what kind of silicone to use? like the "L" or the "i"? i didnt know anything about that stuff until i came on this website...i did my research but i was using the western rhinoplasty instead of the asian procedure...oops. :shrugs:

How do you fix uneven nostrils anyway?
Apparently, when I complained of my slightly uneven nostrils I got from an injury (and then sleeping on my nose on one side) at several plastic surgeons, they said that it wasn't even noticeable, and nothing can be done.

yes, i had my surgery out here in ca.

ive been taking the pills but ive heard a lot of good things about the cream/ gel too- your open wounds will have dressings over it so you wont have to worry about getting it on the incision sites.

as for the implant- i have an "i" shaped one.

i dont know too many surgeons that still use the L-shaped implant anymore, particularly because of the extrusion rate and the fact that the that "one-fits-all" approach doesnt work for every facial structure.

im sure youll be fine just be sure that the surgeon you choose/ chose is a good one and will make the right decisions on your behalf.

was there a particular reason why you chose to have your surgery in taiwan as opposed to in ca?

i

crazygirl,

are you sure they dont fix them? ive seen pictures where the people had uneven nostrils n they were fixed after rhino. did u get hit after ur surgery? maybe they dont fix them after a procedures been done? but what do i know...i could be wrong.

caligirl,

i chose taiwan bcuz my uncle is the surgeon and has been practicing for over 20 years..so i will be going to see him!

so were u able to do regular stuff right away? i want to be a typical tourist and actually do cool things in taiwan, go sightseeing, eat wonderful food! i dont want to be locked up in a room layin down all day..but ill be there for 19 days hopefully thats plenty of time to do all that n ill recover like you do :smile:

oh well if your uncles gonna be the surgeon then youll be more then fine!!! lol

im sure he'll take his time and use only the best materials etc since youre family :smile:

im sure a lot of the bad cases out here or even ones that take a little more time to heal are due to the fact that the surgeon doesnt devote as much time/ care as they would if it were a loved one or a family member.

and yeah, the only day i wasnt feeling all that well was the same day that i had the surgery- i was a little nauseous from the anesthesia.

other than that ive been doing everything as i would normally do- the only difference being i have tape on my nose ensuring that the implant/ cartilage doesnt move.

so if you dont mind looking silly you should be able to take advantage of your trip and do all the tourist things you want to do!

as for the whole uneven nostrils thing- they are able to fix them.

im assuming that they didnt fix the other board members nostrils because going back into fix something that isnt that noticeable isnt worth the risk.

but if he'll be doing your nose then the symmetry of your nostrils is definitely something they will be able to repair- after all the procedure is done for reshaping purposes whether its your tip, bridge, or nostrils.

can i get an honest opinion from you guys?

does my nose look really swollen or do you think this is close to the final results? i know there is SOME swelling but damn, it looks so huge compared to my old nose. it looks like a big fat sausage with no definition at all. i've already downsized the implant but it still looks too big and i don't like it at all.

i just hope that it is really swollen and will shrink dramatically over the next few months. i looked at some before/after pictures of people with nasal implants and usually their new nose still resembles the old one, except with a higher bridge. i feel like my new nose doesn't resemble my old nose at all.

i've uploaded new pictures here:

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/reasonnotrules/

hi asin,

it doesnt look bad or too big/swollen at all...how long are you post-op??? it looks goood...i can see the resemblance of your old nose...its just that you are ur own worst critic. it looks fine! dont worry!!

Wow ur nose looks great :tup:
did u look older when after u get ur nose done? i have like a button nose, and everyone thinks im a lot younger than i am,... i think bc of my nose hahaha so im worried when i get it im going to look older

my surgery is in less than two weeks!! anyone recomend anything?

oh btw, I dont know what the special silicone blend is.

yikes, i guess i have different tastes then. i think my nose might look ok on a white person, but it is too big for my asian face. i think it looks pretty swollen but i can't tell if it really is or not. it doesn't feel that swollen.

if you think it doesn't look good you can tell me the truth, my feelings won't be hurt lol. i just want an honest opinion and i can always get the implant removed. the implant has increased the size of my nose dramatically, don't you think? i don't know how this is a "small" implant.

technically i am about 7 weeks post op, but i had the implant changed to a smaller one a week ago. right now, i look about the same as i did at 6 weeks before i changed the implant. i don't know how much smaller the new implant is compared to the old one, but hopefully it's a lot smaller cause that should mean my nose will shrink in the next few weeks.

yes, i definitely look older with the new nose and i hate that. prior to surgery, i had lower, button-ish nose which made me look younger and cuter, i think.

apparently i don't even look asian anymore. i've already had 3 strangers tell me that they think i'm mexican or mixed. when i tell them i am full chinese they are surprised. ugh.... prior to surgery, most people were able to tell that i am chinese, although some people thought i was part caucasian.

misskimchi, did you get some kind of pre op package? have you started taking vitamin C? i was advised to take vitamin C weeks before the operation because it will strengthen my body and help with healing post op.

Wow, this is a fascinating topic. I'm af-am and never knew about the phenomenon of asian nose jobs. That being said, yes asin, that definitely looks like a Mexican nose to me. It's a great nose, I like it. It's hard to tell if there is any swelling because it's evenly rounded and doesn't look odd.