BeautyHacker

I dont care what any korean surgeon says, that girl is grogeous and so is her nose.

I went for a consultation with dr joseph wong ( toronto ) to talk to him about possible chin implant, which im definetly going to do now, as well as cheek bone reduction.

He was really pushing for me to get a nose implant, but im really happy with my nose even though its alittle flat for everyone else aesthetic standards, its still possible to be attractive with a flat bridge/nose in my opinion.

Dr. Joseph Wong is a very nice man, he likes to brag as he is pretty well decorated, he was staring at my alarplasty so hard mid consultation that he had to ask me to repeat what i just said at one point.
His service and staff are very professional and friendly, not like Dr Rival's staff, who are very rushed and not that organized.I feel i got lucky when everything turned out as good as it did.his talent more than makes up for any flaws in service.

I am going to be puttinga down payment for my chin implant soon but im still pondering cheekbone reduction surgery. 3 months of swelling???? :S

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Lucy Lui is gorgeous, same with sandra oh and michelle yeoh another asian actress who is often verbally shat on for not being the best representation of asian beauty. Its stupid, just because lucy lui is basically the only asian american actress in the mainstream spotlight , asians love to talk about how ugly she is to asian men. Well.....i think if lucy lui were at a club i dont think she would necessarily be ignored by guys but since shes famous shes suddenly way below standards.

And i think sandra ohs face is beautiful, she does have a classic korean face an di find this very nostalgic of ancient japanese paintings, its elegant.
i had to get that off my chest.

I wouldn't get a nose implant from him, just because my implant moves so I think he's not that skilled with them. But again I could be biased.

I think Rival is a nicer guy. He doesn't like to brag and is much more concervative in terms of telling you what he could do and he's good with telling you the side effects and stuff. YOu are right his staff is sort of snobby. Especially the business manager.

Dr. JW likes to brag and also sometimes hides stuff so he could convince you better.

I would talk to more than one Dr. about the chin implant before you do it.

I know Dr. JW didn't tell me a lot of things about my nose implant. He convinced me to do it. BUt if I had all the information I would not have taken the risk.

omg omg omg my surgery is less than a week! omg omg omg omg omg!!!!

im damn sure i wanna new nose, but im not damn sure iw ant to go through with the surgery if that makes sense...

i think u can work out after a month, but im waiting 2 and a half months.

it's fine. I started working out again after 2-3 weeks with light cardio and light weights.

Maybe you're right. I heard Dr. Middleton is good with facial jaw surgeries.but im so tempted by JW's friendly and attentive staff.

He's currently in litigation over sexual assault of one of his patients I believe...

i had seafood a few days after surgery and continued to have it occasionally. i'm normally a big seafood eater and i've tried to cut back just in case it does have some effect. i don't think it's scientifically proven to interfere with healing; it's just one of those asian beliefs such as that drinking ginseng tea will get rid of acne.

i'm not a good example though since i'm still swollen as hell, and it's possible that eating seafood is prolonging the healing period. i don't notice myself becoming extra swollen after eating seafood, though. in fact, i just had crab and squid last night and i woke up this morning looking the same as i did yesterday.

Asin, I don't really know how to PM you my email addy. Could you email your picture at [email protected]?

How is your nose holding up? any of the swelling gone down yet?

Fish - ok
Shellfish/squid/crab etc - give it 4 weeks at least. Ideally 3 months.

According to traditional Chinese medicine, the shellfish/squid etc are "toxic" and too yin, therefore impeding the healing process.

hey everyone just writing to say i had my nose finally done 1 week ago in korea!
i had tiplasty with septal cartilage and an osteotomy (breaking the bones around the bridge to fix it up). no implant really.
2 yrs of talking and thinking about it. and finally iv had it done which is a relief.
anyway i posted on this thread like 1-2 yrs ago..back when it was around pg 50 i think. and god only knows how many times iv read through it. i really think its been a proverbial fountain of rhinoplasty information lol..
if anyone wants to hear a bit about my experience just lmk cos im happy to share..

Atm im 1 week into recovery and the bruising has begun to fade finally.
I really dont know how many of u dont bruise at all!? iv taken sinnecch as instructed, bromelain and vitamin C a week before and after surgery. and am still going at it!