BeautyHacker

i think theres a bit of evidence for taking all the extra supplements but also quite a few articles saying that it doesnt do much at all.
but i honestly think its better to err on the side of caution, and just take the supplements; after all, the additional cost isn't much at all.
its just another $100 or so for all of the pills- vitamin C, zinc, Arnica and bromelain. those are the main 4. and thats something like 5% of the operation cost (assuming a baseline cost of $2000 for a simple augmentation operation)

vitamin C helps with healing for sure. i cant remember where i read it but i saw an excerpt from a medical journal which said that following a major surgery (neck surgery i think) they measured the vitamin C levels in the blood of 50 odd patients and it was found that vitamin C lvls dropped by 50% or so..so that indicates the body had used up a significant amount of the vitamin to start repairing tissues, and supplements would help this

Zinc is needed to heal tissues
Bromelain helps reduce swelling and has additional digestive properties
Arnica/Sinecch helps reduce swelling/bruising

I would also recommend vitamin K, which you get from eating leafy green vegetables
Also don't make the mistake I did and eliminate salt from your diet totally, I had a sore throat for 7 days straight and the day I started eating salty food (kimchi lol) it miraculously went away...hmm could have been the kimchi though

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no my bridge wasn't that high.

The osteotomy was for a few reasons:
1. I had a slight bony deviation on one side, and the osteotomy was to remove this somewhat.
2. to reduce the width of my bridge, as the bones were broken then moved inwards
3. apparently it also has an effect of heightening the bridge

im 11 days after surgery now, the bruising has pretty much disappeared, swelling disappeared 3-4 days ago
the only thing left is the splint on my nose to protect the still healing bones

i'm feeling like i can do everything as normal, except touch the tip, and /or smile/laugh as it stretches the tissues and hurts the tip quite a bit

Dr Park from AT aesthetic clinic was the Dr I went to in the end,
www.atro.co.kr

I never got around to writing my review of his clinic, but it was between him and SS beauty (Dr Shin at www.ssbeauty.co.kr)..
in the end I chose Dr Park, because he could explain the procedure to me very well in English, he offers fantastic aftercare, and his b4 and afters looked pretty good, and he's got all the right accreditations: a member of ISAPS, KSAPS, seoul national university medicine school..and the has more experience compared to Dr Shin

hi jake
I went for Dr Park at AT aesthetic in the end, the reasons being as you can see in my previous post.
i think you'll feel much more secure if you get your hands on all the info you can, and go to a few consultations with different doctors as I did.
you'll get much more peace of mind from this, because firstly you;ll get to meet the doctor and see their b4 and afters
secondly, after a while you'll be able to determine which doctors know their stuff and are using current techniques as opposed to others

it's best to try and book the surgery at least 1-2 mths before the surgery day so you can get the date you want. where are you intending to get your surgery done?

I was in a similar situation. but in my case the Dr said it would take probably 3 weeks to travel in an aeroplane over a long distance. I corresponded with him via email and was pushing for 2-2.5 weeks recovery time because I wanted to fly off but he was really adamant about 3 weeks recovery.
i had an osteotomy done, and tiplasty with septal cartilage via an open rhinoplasty

I guess it depends on how fast you heal, but i think im an average healer and for me 2 weeks would be pushing it. Others have done it, but you should be aware that you might bleed on the plane, and ur gonna be a little uncomfortable and you won't have any dr to check up on ur nose if anything untoward were to happen

why are you intending to do it in the US?
if you're coming to Asia anyway I'd say you could have done it in Korea.
you can get both eyes and nose done for $4000 USD.
i had a deviated septum corrected, and my procedure was about $3300 USD or 4,500,000 Won. if i were to do the alar/nostril reduction it would have been probably $4000 USD max.
$7900 is heaps!

Anyone planning on going to Taiwain in either June/July 2009 to have a surgery done by Dr. Chuang? I am interested in going with someone, since I am not Chinese/Taiwanese, does not speak Mandarin at all, and scared that I might get lost if I were to go by myself.

If interested in going with me, email me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

If any complications should arise such as infection, it is better to have the procedure done closer to home. It's expensive and inconvenient to have to fly to a foreign country for followups or revisions.

Hi everyone! I know there are things that a person getting a nose job should do prior to the actual surgery. Pretty sure Dr. Lee says you should be doing them two weeks prior... anyone who had surgery with him know what he wants the patient to do?

I'm not in the country as of right now but want to get it done soon when i get back home, not sure if that's possible...anyways, if anyone knows- please share !!

2 weeks prior to surgery, start take vitamin supplements C and Zinc
Stop taking Vitamin E or any multivitamin containing E
Stop drinking alcohol
Stop smoking
Bromelain supplements 1 week prior to surgery
Arnica pills 24 hours before surgery

You should never opt for the cheaper alternative to a nose job. I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for." Especially when it involves your face. You can cause permanent damage to your face and end up looking worse than what you started with.

You should do some reading on injectable fillers before deciding to go for it.

http://www.deantoriumi.com/issue1-1.asp

http://www.rhinoplastyinbeverlyhills.com/liquid-rhinoplasty-the-non-surgical-rhinoplasty

I got botox injected into my masseter muscles today, didnt even get the recommended minimal dosage injected ( I got 20 units each side as opposed to recommended 25 units)and i already saw a change in the width, and the shape of the lower side of my face minutes within the injections . ( i am saving up for the permanent face contouring surgery )I think im gonna go back this thursday to get the remaining recommended amount just to be safe cus my face is so damn wide and ugly i could even use to have it slimme down even more. I didnt think it would work on me either but apparently it does, and the results are only gonna get more dramatic.

Also i was scared of the pain of th einjections, i didnt feel anything it was a breeze.