BeautyHacker

the dr. gave me a bunch of drugs, but he didnt give me any ointment... did ne one get ointment to use for their stiches on their noses? should I just apply a store bought one and apply it?

oh same with my lateral canthoplasty, he didnt give me any ointment for that either, and i know when i got my eyes done that they gave me ointment... is this wierd?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kfav9, Ive added you on msn :smile: Yes am, from the UK. I would love to go but i dont speak Mandarin either :sad: but I would like a buddy to go with for support. Most of the surgeons speak english from what I've heard so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a huge problem.....

x

Hi onetreehill82,
sorry for the late reply. I have not logged on for a while.

Onetreehill, how are you doing now? how is your nose? Are you or have you done the revision yet? I'm sorry that you didn't get the results that you want. If I were you, I would not regret about not choosing the other option regarding mixing of cow blood and fibrin products. Even your ps stated that there is only one case in Austria, this means that it's still trial and error. You were right about not risking your face for experimental procedure. In addition to the risks of hep/HIV, what about allergic reaction to the product or that your own body will try to clear up the fibrin?? Hopefully, these won't be the issues. How did the one case that he mentioned turn out?? How many years ago was this operation? Does he know the long term effect? These are the few things that jump out of my mind. No matter what your decision is, just make sure that you are well informed before making the decision and it's safe for you. Good luck.

About the brigde height, I think it takes a bit of time for it to settle down and it will get smaller than when it's first put in.

As for me, I'll be in taipei next week. yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cursing: (note to self: what am i getting myself into!!!!:shrugs::cursing:) I can feel that I'm shivering at this thought lolz

Misskimchi420 - i used bacitran...you can get it at your local drugstore.

You need to apply Bacitracin ointment to the sutures. You can find it at any drug store. You can also clean any dry blood with Peroxide.

Arnica gel/cream is good for the bruised and swollen areas but you should not apply it onto any open wounds.

my consultations today!!!!!!! and my surgery is tomorrow!!!!!!! wow i cant even believe it...im kinda nervous! i wasnt before but its so close to happening im getting scared....i cant help but have thoughts go thru my head like "what if i dont lke it?!" what is my nose going to look like?! will it fit my face?

Hey Jas3n,
really? 1-2 months before surgery. i was just planning on doing the whole consultation over the net, coz i financially cant afford to do the whole go over there first meet and greet and then eventually decide to do it. do you think it would be ok to just have a virtually consultation?

um i have absolutely no idea where im planning to get my surgery done, i've just been reading alot on it and am certain that im doing it in korea sometime early next yr, round april, may depending on how much i can save lol. korea seems to be very experienced in cosmetic surgery especially when it relates to asian faces. i dont know what clinic but just trying to gather as much info on them all as possible from peoples previous experiences. i went to a few here in melbourne and was not satisfied with the information i recieved about cosmetic surgery, like i learnt more from theses blogs then them, so that was pretty unsettling and the quotes were OMG.

do you reakon that if i go over there and consultate, i will be able to book in for the surgery within maximum of 2 weeks after my consultation?

thanks jas3n,
I am usually pretty fast at healing. But i will see how I feel after two weeks. If i dont feel like I am ready to travel, I will postpone my trip.
sounds like your procedure is more intense than mine. the procedure i will be having are septoplasty, tiplasty with septal cartilage and alar reshaping via closed rhinoplasty.

so are u able to breath much better than before? how long after the surgery did it take you to start breathing normally? My breathing problem is effecting my heart to beat very fast and feels tired all the time. The worst thing is that i have to wake up every few hours or so to drink water at night cuz breathing through my mouth when i sleep can dry up my mouth and throat very fast. I can't wait to be able to breath. :smile:

I am getting it done in US cuz I live in Los Angeles when Dr lee's office is. I thought of doing it in asia because it is much cheaper and doctors there has more experience. But i dont feel comfortable doing surgery in a foreign country where I dont speak the language. *touch wood* just in case of emergency, I want to be able to go to a facility where I feel comfortable with. Also, nothing is better than to rest at your own home with someone you know to take care of you after the surgery. :P

hey Misshyang,
good luck with ur surgery.

just wanted to share my thoughts... it's been 8 weeks since my rhinoplasty, and 3 weeks since i had the implant replaced, and i'm still unsatisfied with my new nose. a lot of the swelling has gone down. for example, i can now wiggle my nose while holding my septum and i'm starting to see a bit of definition at the tip. however, i still have these issues:

-i still think that my bridge is too high and my nose looks too big overall. i don't know how much more it can possibly go down.
-i think i made the mistake of getting an implant that is thicker at the top; it looks less feminine and i don't like seeing the thick imprint in between my eyes. i CAN change it back to an implant that's thinner at the top, but those may be more prone to displacement, plus i don't want to go through another surgery only to be dissatisfied
with yet another implant
-i can see the imprint of the sides of the implant at some angles/lightings
-my nose still looks slightly asymmetrical under some lightings. it's possible that there is still uneven swelling, but who knows

right now, i don't think i look hideous. i have been able to go out without feeling really self conscious, but i think my old bridge suited me better. i've looked through old pictures and in most of them my old bridge looked okay... i could've benefited from a slightly higher bridge but it wasn't a big deal. it was mainly my nostrils/alar that needed to be reduced. i'm going to wait until at least the end of the year (6
weeks after implant replacement) to see if there are any changes. i think there is a good chance that i will just get the implant removed.

i think cameras are evil. if it weren't for cameras and pictures, i may have never wanted surgery in the first place. i often think that i look pretty good in the mirror, but when i see pictures of myself, i look like a different, far less attractive person. even right now - my new nose usually looks okay in the mirror, but i hate how it looks in pictures. what gives?

random question...

when you get rhinoplasty with an I-implant and ear cartilage for the tip, and your tip becomes more defined, is the definition due to the implant or the tip work?

for example, here's a before and after of a patient in dr. kim's clinic in atlanta:

http://www.kimfacialsurgery.com/rhino2.html

her nose looks a lot more defined, from bridge to tip, post op. i don't know what kind of implant dr. kim uses and whether she had tip work done. i was wondering if the strong definition she has on her tip post op is all due to the implant.

i still don't see THAT much definition at my tip, and i was wondering if my tip will look any different from my pre-op nose if i take the implant out. after all, i did have ear cartilage grafted.