BeautyHacker

I hope you don't mind me asking how much you spent roughly for the entire thing including the stay..but what was the amount? After 5 days, what was the swelling like and bruising and what not? Since you are from the East coast did you set up a surgery date with him and then do a face to face consultation? Sorry if my questions are too technical LOL...I'm just curious how I should go about everything.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I saw Baker, Sultan, and Pearlman. I must have spent over $600 consulting with these doctors ($200 - $250 per consultation). Baker is apparently the top plastic surgeon in NYC. Sultan is also excellent but he referred me to Pearlman who is also an excellent Rhinoplasty surgeon. Pearlman wanted to use a cartilage graft on my nose from a cadavar (dead person). Pearlman was the only one who thought that I needed alar base reduction along with minor bridge augmentation. Sultan and Baker only wanted to perform an osteotomy to narrow my bridge. I feel these surgeons are more experienced in Caucasian plastic surgery and aren't as experienced in Asian cosmetic surgery like Dr. Charles Lee.

I spent around $12,000 (rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, botox to the jaw and juviderm injection to plump up the hollow areas under the eyes.)

After 5 days, I looked like I was beaten with a baseball bat. I was swollen and bruised. I looked like a cat.
I met with Dr. Lee a month prior to surgery. I booked the surgery date after I met with him. I met with him for a pre-op consultation 1 day before the surgery date. They gave me the keys to the apartment that day and I did my grocery shopping for the duration of my stay. I got ready for my surgery and went to bed early. No food and water 12 hours before the surgery.
I'm glad I went to the right doctor. My friends, (the ones I told) agree also. The friends I didn't tell, think I look really good but don't suspect surgery. "Did you get a new haircut" or "Did you lose weight?" I'm thankful that my nose doesn't look operated or fake. I feel that Dr. Lee did an excellent job.
Here is a quote from Dr. Toriumi of Chicago:

"I prefer noses that look unoperated and appropriate for the patients facial features. The nose should not draw attention, as the most important feature of the face should be the eyes."
http://www.deantoriumi.com/faq4.asp

mkryu (or anyone who has had botox injections to your jaw),

did you find that your cheeks have become sunken in after the injections? i was comparing before and after pictures and the botox jaw injections has resulted in a pretty drastic slimming of my face. i like the results from frontal view - my face is now more oval shape and less boxy. however, in the 45 degree or oblique view, my face looks kinda haggard because my cheeks are so sunken in.

i saw my parents a week after i got the botox injections (they don't know i got it) and they commented that i look like i lost a lot of weight and that i look sickly. they said my cheeks were sunken in.

i'm hoping that my face will fill out more as the botox wears off. although i like the slimming of my jawline, the sunken cheeks look doesn't work for me.

thank you mkryu for sharing your information. i think im going to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kim just to see what he is like since he is in my area.

Also, this is totally off topic...but what is the obsession with white skin on asian girls?? it seems like it is "ok" for the guys to be tan but not the girls! living in america, it seems like tanning is popular, but in Asia...not so much. maybe i'm wrong..

I am sitting at dr lee's office now. I am more annoyed than ever. When I came in at noon for my appointment time, the office was filled with people. There are at least 5 paitients who were schedualed the same time as me for follow ups. When I try to pay the rest of my payment, they told me no check is accepted, I wish someone would of told me that before hand. They also added 1000 dollars extra by accident and I had called twice to ask them to fix that but it never did. After Having to call my credit card companies to authorize payments, I finally got my paper work done after an hour. as i see more patients are walking in for follw up,I asked the lady how much longer I have to wait and she said there are 2 patients befor me for surgeries and mine probably won't start till at least 2:30pm arghh this is really pissing me off cuz I can't eat or drink water.

Pursebao - Hope you are doing well after your surgery!

i just came back from the surgery. during the final consultation before surgery, dr lee told me a totally different approach from the first consultation, he said he would fix my breathing problem at first . But after i did my final payment, he said he can't really help which is a totally bummer. The first consultation, he recommended gortex and today he siad sillicon and he is not going to make my nostril bigger like he promised during the first consulation. Since i paid for it already, I hope it will at least shome what help my breathing problem or else i wll be very bummed.

oh aslo. he was asking me if my double eyelid is faked. i told him theh are natural but i wasn't born with it. my eyes started to change during teenage years. and he wanted to sell me the eyelid procedure cuz he insistd that my double eyelids are not stable. he can make it more permanate...which is not true. my double eyelids had been prerty stable for the past 10 years.

wow, pursebao, it seems like things have gone poorly so far. your surgery was 2.5 hours later then scheduled, they accidentally overcharged you $1000 (wtf???????????? how do you do that anyway?? side note: i was overcharged for the scar gel i purchased at the office, and i saw another girl get charged twice for her eyelid surgery). there was a change of plans in the surgery at the last minute. you are not getting gortex and your breathing problems are not going to be fixed, but you have already paid for the surgery thinking you are going to get those things. i'm sorry, all this just doesn't seem right to me.

Pursebao - did you get your surgery today or did you reschedule it? Don't buy the scar gel at the office, you can get it for less at other sites & places.

My cheeks are fine. I just see more cheek area because I have alot less nose. My nose was so broad and wide both at the dorsum and alar base. For the longest time, my cheeks were swollen from the osteotomy. I don't know why you have the sunken cheeks Asin. Have you lost any weight anywhere else other than your cheeks? I doubt the botox could've migrated to your cheek area. Do you think you may have lost some weight just from all the stress from the surgeries? Do you think it might be from the alar base reduction?
It sounds like Dr. Lee's office is super busy, but have you thought of calling him regarding your cheeks?